HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:28 AM
Joined Jan 2009
529 Posts
i have been trying to flash my board w/ the dev r1240 w/ no luck..light on the right side flashes and no activity on the gui..i cleared the eeprom and reflashed it w/ 2.1 but now the compass is not accurate any more ..where did i go wrong ?..does magnetic diclination changes?..cause every time i go to the site to get declination numbers they change ..is this normal?..
pinoydad is online now Find More Posts by pinoydad
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
Yes.
thanks Jabram
bas1975 is offline Find More Posts by bas1975
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined May 2011
70 Posts
I just installed a MultiWii Pro board with GPS from Hobbyking. With the exception of the GPS, everything seems to be working well out of the box. The Quad flies super stable, so now I'm going to mess with some of the custom settings (alt hold, heading hold, etc). Hopefully I can get the gps working with some additional tinkering (been reading some of the tips in this forum).

This is my first experience with a quad & multiwii software. Does anyone have any recommended settings for PID or any other category?

Thanks!
Oboc is offline Find More Posts by Oboc
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:15 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined May 2012
834 Posts
GPS Board Metal Cover fell off

Really, it just fell off. I have looked and it appears that it was suppose to be soldered on the four corners and a fifth spot center on inside edge. Is this correct? Or should I just put a couple small dabs of epoxy on it. In my experience these covers are actually grounded and act as shields for components. I have very good solder equipment and am proficient. (just look at my burnt finger tips!)

Sudsy
Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy
Last edited by Sudsy; Dec 23, 2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 09:15 AM
Joined Apr 2012
53 Posts
I've got my board and GPS up and running, not yet on a quad copter. I am noticing a problem with the GPS, where occasionally, but repeatedly the - sign on the longitude is dropped, I'm near Toronto Canada which is -79.xxxxxxx and the GPS occasionally reports 79.xxxxxx, has anyone seen this, strikes me as quite the bug.

Thanks
Andrew
dopplet is online now Find More Posts by dopplet
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:23 PM
Joined Sep 2012
3 Posts
Smoked regulator

Hi guys
I waited for the new stock to arrive at HK, received the multiwii pro last week it took me a few hours and much head scratching to work out the driver for Windows 7, getting the thing connected and working out how to enable the GPS. It was all running ok on the bench, I decided i would add the bluetooth module i got from goodluckbuy, i could not get the data from the board to the bluetooth then into wingui. I read somewhere that it is not possible to have the bt and usb connected at the same time. As it takes power from the USB I looked out my Turnigy UBEC connected a 2 cell lipo to the UBEC i plugged it into the board on the receiver side. This is were it goes udders up, it all powered up ok the first time, i unplugged then plugged it back again, not sure if i put the plug in the wrong way, neg to signal but there was lots of smoke and the 5v regulator at the top of the board was burnt. I checked and plugged again, it powered up but the chip that smoked gets very hot and starts to smell bad. Luckily the chips are widely available on fleabay, some coming in the next few days, 2.20 for 5. I have an smd rework station so fingers crossed. Has anyone else had this problem is it just me being a Numpty. Sitting in the corner and wondering why
pendragon6667 is offline Find More Posts by pendragon6667
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:05 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplet View Post
I've got my board and GPS up and running, not yet on a quad copter. I am noticing a problem with the GPS, where occasionally, but repeatedly the - sign on the longitude is dropped, I'm near Toronto Canada which is -79.xxxxxxx and the GPS occasionally reports 79.xxxxxx, has anyone seen this, strikes me as quite the bug.

Thanks
Andrew
Have not seen that GPS behavior myself.

Input your magnetic declination in config.h and calibrate your magnetometer on the board's three axis.

Is the behavior still happening? My guess (like I said I have not seen that behavior before) is the GPS is trying to get its bearing against the compass.
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:03 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad View Post
i have been trying to flash my board w/ the dev r1240 w/ no luck..light on the right side flashes and no activity on the gui..i cleared the eeprom and reflashed it w/ 2.1 but now the compass is not accurate any more ..where did i go wrong ?..does magnetic diclination changes?..cause every time i go to the site to get declination numbers they change ..is this normal?..
Pinoy .. I would not load dev r1240 as yet - the bugs on this build have not yet been ironed out which could explain what you see. Everytime you load a sketch, best practice is to recalibrate accel and mag as those settings could be overwritten or erased - I have also observed what you describe. What frame do you intend to use? Same as your KK2?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:07 PM
Older than rocks
United States, PA, Warminster
Joined Dec 2002
407 Posts
Xbee

Hi, all
Got my board a couple of days ago, and after some head scratching, got all systems go. Everything works in GUi, 9 sats captured. Happy man. Now I want to connect my old Xbee to an open comm port so I don't need the cord between the board and laptop.See pix attached. Any info to edit config will be appreciated.

Herman
n2wizard is online now Find More Posts by n2wizard
Old Dec 15, 2012, 08:12 AM
norway
Joined Oct 2009
1,133 Posts
hi guys. just got my board up and running on a guad. gps is working and is getting a good satelite reception. but nothing happend when i activate alt and pos hold. anything im missing? new to multiwii btw
fpv-tor is offline Find More Posts by fpv-tor
Old Dec 15, 2012, 09:39 AM
Joined Jan 2009
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by majik01 View Post
Pinoy .. I would not load dev r1240 as yet - the bugs on this build have not yet been ironed out which could explain what you see. Everytime you load a sketch, best practice is to recalibrate accel and mag as those settings could be overwritten or erased - I have also observed what you describe. What frame do you intend to use? Same as your KK2?
yep in fact i took kk2 board out and installed this one ..and i'm getting otors acting up wild ..looks like its not flyable at all ..i'll try to tie it up on strings later ..but as of now 2 red led and one orange lit ..which lights should be on when normal?
pinoydad is online now Find More Posts by pinoydad
Old Dec 15, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Board won`t arm

Please, I really need help!! I just got the Multiwii mega board w/ mtk gps v2.1 but the board wont arm. I already follow the steps of this thread but doesnt work. In the GUI I can see the tx working when I move throtle, yaw, etc... I already uploaded dev r1240 and uncomment QUADp, Sensor FFIMUv2, GPS serial 2, GPS_BAUD 115200 and INIT_MKT_GPS and the board start blinking forever and wont arm. I went to MULTIWIICON2_1 and choosed the right port and pressed Start Button. Now I dont know what I doing wrong or the next steps to make work the board. Can you please help me? I really appreciate. Thanks
rafa_salazar is offline Find More Posts by rafa_salazar
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:08 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoydad View Post
yep in fact i took kk2 board out and installed this one ..and i'm getting otors acting up wild ..looks like its not flyable at all ..i'll try to tie it up on strings later ..but as of now 2 red led and one orange lit ..which lights should be on when normal?
The Q450 frame and this board need some tweaking. a) In config.h on the low pass filters for the TG3205 gyro .. uncomment the #define ITG3200_LPF_42HZ which calms down the gyros. b) Using 8 inch propellers also improves stability big time by reducing adjacent prop wash . The Q450 arms flex and the gyros do not like the flexing characteristic. Any MWC board I have put on the Q450 behaves this way.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:09 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafa_salazar View Post
Please, I really need help!! I just got the Multiwii mega board w/ mtk gps v2.1 but the board wont arm. I already follow the steps of this thread but doesnt work. In the GUI I can see the tx working when I move throtle, yaw, etc... I already uploaded dev r1240 and uncomment QUADp, Sensor FFIMUv2, GPS serial 2, GPS_BAUD 115200 and INIT_MKT_GPS and the board start blinking forever and wont arm. I went to MULTIWIICON2_1 and choosed the right port and pressed Start Button. Now I dont know what I doing wrong or the next steps to make work the board. Can you please help me? I really appreciate. Thanks
Download and use WinGui 2.1. In the realtime tab on Yaw full right ... what signal level do you get in the GUI ? To arm properly it should be 1900 at least. Adjust your right Yaw trim (looking at the GUI) until you reach that level. You may need to go into your radio sub-trim or endpoint setting to make that change permanent as your Yaw trim should be zero.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:16 PM
Joined Dec 2012
7 Posts
Majik01, I'm talking to you in the HK Discussion as Guilherme also. Do you have an e-mail adress if I need to contact you for futures questions? I will be wait your answer to help me with the board that I cant arm. I have trying to fix this problem all day long non stop, I saw a lot of discussions and foruns and got nothing!! Once again, thank you very much!!
rafa_salazar is offline Find More Posts by rafa_salazar