SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 09, 2012, 02:55 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by er9xuser View Post
Hi majik01...can you please tell me how to make MAG calibration. I saw some pictures but I don't know how. Is there any video of mag calibration for multiwii.

Thanks in advance.
Anyone? Please
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2012, 04:00 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,186 Posts
@er9xuser
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...ser-manual.pdf

Page 12 is very nice to look at.
And, as always, keep away from metal and magnetic fields when calibrating mag sensor.

/J
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:29 AM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO View Post
Been searching high and low on this, but not a lot came out of it.
Most of it had to do with wrong orientation, or bad calibration, which generally will give a much larger error.

This guys
video with a Crius AIO looks very familiar.

IMHO, this has, as you said, something to do with scaling in the MWii code.
A well, something to toy with over christmas. For now, MPNG stays on my board.

/J
I agree. MWii code looks and behaves like it needs a lot more work to polish a lot of rough corners.

I did strike one really odd thing which I suspect maybe MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 code related when using a HEX X setup, with the RC correctly set up hand holding the HEX X armed and enough throttle to take the weigh, holding it high enough to reduce ground effect, I have to reverse Pitch, don't misunderstand what I am saying, servos are set up correctly as per mission planner radio calibration, so it is all correct, the Pitch is backward, swap pitch servo it so it is back to front on the Mission planner is the ONLY way it works correctly, no, I do not have motors swapped the Mission planner CLI Motors test starts each motor in sequence correctly. Simple mode works as expected so the Pitch reversal is NOT me being confused by Simple or Carefree mode. I was using the CRIUS AIOP have yet to test this on the HK Mega, but I do suspect it will behave exactly the same way. So watch out for this if you are using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 on a HEX frame.
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2012, 06:45 AM
Slovenia, Ljubljana
Joined Sep 2011
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNJO View Post
@er9xuser
http://www.goodluckbuy.com/images/de...ser-manual.pdf

Page 12 is very nice to look at.
And, as always, keep away from metal and magnetic fields when calibrating mag sensor.

/J
Thanks for info. I think I understand.
er9xuser is offline Find More Posts by er9xuser
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:29 AM
Sweden
Sweden, Stockholm County, Djurö
Joined Apr 2012
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
I agree. MWii code looks and behaves like it needs a lot more work to polish a lot of rough corners.

I did strike one really odd thing which I suspect maybe MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 code related when using a HEX X setup, with the RC correctly set up hand holding the HEX X armed and enough throttle to take the weigh, holding it high enough to reduce ground effect, I have to reverse Pitch, don't misunderstand what I am saying, servos are set up correctly as per mission planner radio calibration, so it is all correct, the Pitch is backward, swap pitch servo it so it is back to front on the Mission planner is the ONLY way it works correctly, no, I do not have motors swapped the Mission planner CLI Motors test starts each motor in sequence correctly. Simple mode works as expected so the Pitch reversal is NOT me being confused by Simple or Carefree mode. I was using the CRIUS AIOP have yet to test this on the HK Mega, but I do suspect it will behave exactly the same way. So watch out for this if you are using MegaPirateNG V2.7 R4 on a HEX frame.
I had this on my Quad X as well, had to reverse the pitch on my transmitter.
tvbcom is offline Find More Posts by tvbcom
Old Oct 09, 2012, 08:44 AM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Have now started to get somewhere with this board, normal flight is very stable and perfect for fpv. RTH is starting to look good, having flown a Rabbit for a few months (very sucessfully) it is strange to see my T copter rotate to face me and come haring straight towards me, I hope to try it at greater distance tomorrow. The other thing working well is carefree, never flown this before and it is weird and strangely hard to do.
All of this is working on default settings, now for the bad bit. I cannot get position hold to work, I have played with the PID settings but nothing seems to make it behave. It seems to rock backwards and forwards getting faster and further on each oscillation, if I didn't intervene it would crash.
Is there a guide for the new 2.1GUI, I have been using multiwii since 1.5 but there is a lot in the new one which isn't self explanitory.

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagifly View Post
I cannot get position hold to work, I have played with the PID settings but nothing seems to make it behave. It seems to rock backwards and forwards getting faster and further on each oscillation, if I didn't intervene it would crash.
Dave H
Question - were you able to input the "magnetic declination" for your particular location? Using WinGui 2.1 you should get a sat fix and your tri should NOT show wild swings - otherwise this is exactly the behavior you will get in PH. I have personally experienced the behavior you mention - which resulted to unpleasant crashes from fast circles like it had a mind of its own .....
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:14 AM
United Kingdom, Hailsham
Joined Aug 2007
73 Posts
Magnetic declination is in and on the winGUI map the location is within 20mtrs, managed a quick flight between rain showers and the dive backwards is still there. I did notice there was some trim in on elevator, with it taken out the back tilt was slower but still there.
Normal flying is still super smooth and stable and RTH appears to be ok.

Dave H
zagifly is offline Find More Posts by zagifly
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:45 PM
Joined May 2010
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zagifly View Post
Magnetic declination is in and on the winGUI map the location is within 20mtrs, managed a quick flight between rain showers and the dive backwards is still there. I did notice there was some trim in on elevator, with it taken out the back tilt was slower but still there.
Normal flying is still super smooth and stable and RTH appears to be ok.

Dave H
In the WinGui map - you see your tri 20 mtrs from your actual location? I do not know if that is good but even more puzzling is what could cause that. With a 6/7 sat fix, I usually am within a 2-5 mtr radius of where my quad sits and drifts a little but that is it. FYI - I find I cannot really "trim" MWC with the radio. I set trims to neutral and use the MWC "stick commands" (guide is in the Multiwii site) to trim Acro, Stable, Mag, etc. Gets some getting used to but when done properly will allow "almost hands free". Did you try Heading Hold and Carefree if those work for you? I have my quad yawing when I engage HH which gives you a hint on how Carefree works for me which is strange because I am able to get Carefree to work on my Crius SE on a HK PCB Micro quad in the basement - go figure ...
majik01 is offline Find More Posts by majik01
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:17 PM
United States, TX, Laredo
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Hi all.

Ok after much tinkering with this board I have come to the conclusion that I F'ed the board up when I transfer it from my dying frame to the hk 450 frame. Now if I buy the cirus all in one board does the Gps module of this hk board work with it???
Thanks for all ur help.

Marvin081
marvin081 is offline Find More Posts by marvin081
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:22 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin081 View Post
Hi all.

Ok after much tinkering with this board I have come to the conclusion that I F'ed the board up when I transfer it from my dying frame to the hk 450 frame. Now if I buy the cirus all in one board does the Gps module of this hk board work with it???
Thanks for all ur help.

Marvin081
yea it should. you may want to start reading the Crius AIO thread and ask there..
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:52 PM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
Thanks Fern

I was really liking this board. Maybe with a bit of heat from a heat gun will fix the problem. I suspect I bend the board an mess one of the grow solder points. But I have my ahead grounded and I'm every bored with out it.

I'll report after I try heating it up what happens.

Thanks I'll take the plunge for now an order the cirus AIO.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:58 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,117 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin081 View Post
Thanks Fern

I was really liking this board. Maybe with a bit of heat from a heat gun will fix the problem. I suspect I bend the board an mess one of the grow solder points. But I have my ahead grounded and I'm every bored with out it.

I'll report after I try heating it up what happens.

Thanks I'll take the plunge for now an order the cirus AIO.
RCTimer has a ARM 2.5 clone for $90. Check that out too. May be in presale still. Check with RCTimer.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:25 AM
Joined Dec 2011
63 Posts
I ordered the cirus AIO from Rctimer.

On the new rel of multiwii gui is there suppose to show some numbers on debug in the graf???on the 2.1 it show just 0's and after I change frame and switch to be last release of the software I get random numbers there.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:15 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,186 Posts
...and one step back.

Have to stop using MPNG for a while. I cant figure out how to set a separate refresh rate for my tri tail servo.
It's supposed to be done automagically in the code, but according to Sir Alex it shares the same timer as one of the motor outputs.
490Hz is to much for my servos, and it feels pointless to tune it with low update rates to the ESC:s.

A well, back to MW. At least I get to fly with that.
Anybody flown with MW_dev1177? Seems a few things have happened in the alt.hold on that one.

Found this on mag.calibration. Haven't tried myself, but looks promising.
http://www.multiwii.com/forum/viewto...t=1387&p=10658

/J
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
Last edited by JNJO; Oct 14, 2012 at 05:53 AM.