HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:41 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Rant
Hobbyking = SLOW

I broke my original frame, so I went to the internet, and found a replacement on the cheap from Hobbyking. Having no idea about their practices, I went ahead and ordered the part. Apparently they print the order in the UK, then give it to someone who then walks it to China, where itís translated by monks, then given to the warehouse workers, who apparently make each item by hand, before packing it for shipping. Which brings me to my next point Ė why the ____ did I pay extra for faster shipping, if all those other steps are unavoidable? I have all the parts sitting idly, with less than 5 packs through it. I canít even enjoy something I have over $500 into, because HK SUCKS!!!
CraigVMN is offline Find More Posts by CraigVMN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:43 PM
Endangered User
United States, FL, Casselberry
Joined Jul 2002
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVMN View Post
I broke my original frame, so I went to the internet, and found a replacement on the cheap from Hobbyking. Having no idea about their practices, I went ahead and ordered the part. Apparently they print the order in the UK, then give it to someone who then walks it to China, where it’s translated by monks, then given to the warehouse workers, who apparently make each item by hand, before packing it for shipping. Which brings me to my next point – why the ____ did I pay extra for faster shipping, if all those other steps are unavoidable? I have all the parts sitting idly, with less than 5 packs through it. I can’t even enjoy something I have over $500 into, because HK SUCKS!!!
Every one there at HobbyKing is busy stealing designs from other vendors, so there's no time to process your order
MattLarson29 is offline Find More Posts by MattLarson29
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:05 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,321 Posts
Everybody knows when you buy something from hong kong, your not going to get it tomorrow.

You shoulda went to your local hobby store and paid 300% more if you wanted it right away. Other than that, shut up and stop b!tching.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:12 PM
on the edge
United States, IL, Peoria
Joined Jul 2012
185 Posts
You bought the cheapest you could find and ordered it from China.

What did you expect?
franke is offline Find More Posts by franke
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:15 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru4wd View Post
Everybody knows when you buy something from hong kong, your not going to get it tomorrow.

You shoulda went to your local hobby store and paid 300% more if you wanted it right away. Other than that, shut up and stop b!tching.
My LHS doen't carry anything for quads, save for the MQX. And no, I wasn't expecting it tomorrow. I also wasn't expecting the order to get to the warehouse 4 days later, then take 2 more days to fill, than another day to box, then another to leave the warehouse.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:23 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Oh, man, another HobbyKing rant...

I love HobbyKing, without HobbyKing my hobby budget might allow for one or two builds a year. Thanks to HobbyKing, my budget allows for maybe a dozen builds a year, all the lipos I can eat and all the props I can break.

I plan ahead, order 6 when I need 4 of something (still way, way cheaper than buying from UK suppliers - not their fault, but that's the reality), and keep a good box of spares.

One order for props took 5 weeks to dispatch, and another 3 weeks to reach me. 8 weeks total. I'm fine with that.

Either you accept the bad with the good, or go elsewhere.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS00 View Post
I plan ahead, order 6 when I need 4 of something

Either you accept the bad with the good, or go elsewhere.
Yep, figured that one out, and ordered 4 more to have spare parts

True enough, but this is listed as a rant, and that's what I did - don't get why so many have an issue with that - aren't we all allowed to rant once in a while?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:32 PM
Ape-pilot Extraordinaire
Canada, NB, Moncton
Joined Jun 2011
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigVMN View Post
Yep, figured that one out, and ordered 4 more to have spare parts

True enough, but this is listed as a rant, and that's what I did - don't get why so many have an issue with that - aren't we all allowed to rant once in a while?
I dunno, just seems to me that ranting about Chinese suppliers taking weeks is a bit like ranting about props breaking when you crash - yes, it's a pain, but it's expected, it's part of the deal.
TS00 is offline Find More Posts by TS00
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Dec 2006
840 Posts
If you order from hk in china pay for the fastest delivery and then they process it super quick other wise you will be waiting weeks and weeks
I have bought a couple of airframes from china and paid for express delivery and have them on my doorstep in aus within 7-8 days and for lipos ect I only order from the aus warehouse and they are always here within 3 days
iceaxe is offline Find More Posts by iceaxe
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Apr 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaxe View Post
If you order from hk in china pay for the fastest delivery and then they process it super quick other wise you will be waiting weeks and weeks
I have bought a couple of airframes from china and paid for express delivery and have them on my doorstep in aus within 7-8 days and for lipos ect I only order from the aus warehouse and they are always here within 3 days
...I did...
Old Sep 05, 2012, 07:58 PM
Canada, ON, Barrie
Joined Jan 2009
179 Posts
It's ok man, rant away. We've all been there, we're just so used to it now. They've trained us. If the order gets here in under 6 weeks it's like "YES...haha!! Winner!". Then we do a little happy dance and go have dinner.
tamron is offline Find More Posts by tamron
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:18 PM
Consistently Inconsistent
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2011
284 Posts
"with less than 5 packs through it. I canít even enjoy something I have over $500 into"

500?

That's a start.
A small one, but still a start.
Hope you enjoy....
kosins is offline Find More Posts by kosins
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:42 PM
United States, MD
Joined May 2012
199 Posts
Hobbyking is great, yea it takes a long time... but you should know that before ordering and plan ahead.
iCrap is offline Find More Posts by iCrap
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:11 PM
Don't drink and fly
Joined May 2012
646 Posts
I installed something I bought very cheap off hobbyking to my aircraft the other day, and it worked perfectly. The next day, I ordered 3 more as spares ($3 each).

Why? I I'd rather wait when I don't need it, and have it in my drawer when I do.
Exploding Fist is offline Find More Posts by Exploding Fist
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:40 PM
we dont NEED roads!
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Aug 2012
3,321 Posts
I was pissed the first time I ordered something from hobby king.

Now i just expect to wait two weeks to recieve the items. I plan ahead and i have spare parts on hand.

I am no longer pissed, unless I see a post like this.
AcroFPV is online now Find More Posts by AcroFPV