SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:03 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by roo_ster View Post
First place I look for parts.
me too . im still amazed at how fast i get my items from him . i order friday morning its here tuesday morning .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:06 PM
United States, WI, Prairie du Chien
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
Hi All,

Headsup RC has been a nice stepping stone for me getting into the hobby. I had a HZ Champ then got interested in the Towel flying wing which was written up in Make magazine. I found headsup while searching the internet looking for parts to build a towel. It was the only site that I could find that really told me useful info about the parts; which was great because where else was I gonna learn? (Here. I know now.) My LHS is 100 miles away and the nearest club is 70 miles. Once I had put together a shopping cart full of stuff for a towel I realized for another $30.00 I could get a pretty cool plane so I ended up buying a GWS Slow Stick and putting together a radio and power system for that. After I had everything together I emailed them a copy and paste of my shopping cart and they made a few well explained suggestions for changes which actually brought the cost way down. Now I am building a Blue Core flying wing from plans posted in the flying wing forum and filling up another nice cart full of goodies at headsup rc!

Happy flying!
David
DefiniteDamage is offline Find More Posts by DefiniteDamage
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:57 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,475 Posts
Great online store!!!!!!
rcrich is online now Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:42 AM
Is it Friday yet?
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Jun 2008
691 Posts
I have an order on the way from them now. I think it's my third order. Awesome service!!
DropTank is offline Find More Posts by DropTank
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:15 PM
Oklahoma
Joined Aug 2008
670 Posts
Absolutely the fastest shipping of anyone I have dealt with, I ordered a motor and ESC on Sunday night, I had it in my hands Wednesday with the mail delivery! I have ordered with them several times and always experienced the same level of service, and then there is the $2 shipping on most items...$2 shipping!

I ordered from them after reading several glowing endorsements on this message board, and I have not been disappointed!

I HIGHLY recommend them!
Wingman26 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman26
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:29 PM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,284 Posts
Having been in this hobby for so long I rarely buy anything any more except perhaps an occasional battery. I can usually find what I need in my personal inventory better known as unflyable airframes-
However after having spent some time looking over their site I was impressed by the depth of their inventory

I will be keeping them in mind when the need to go beyond my personal inventory.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM
Old Sep 07, 2012, 08:38 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,853 Posts
I started ordering from Heads Up just a few weeks ago. Crash over at www.thecrashcast.com said he was the man. I AGREE!

Heads Up gets an AAA++++ from me!

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:27 AM
United States, CA, Salinas
Joined Jan 2011
31 Posts
A+ from me also!
ljlwestcoast is offline Find More Posts by ljlwestcoast
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Sep 2011
270 Posts
These guys are great. I get shipped notices within a couple of hours of ordering and superb tech service. Plus they post actual data on motor/prop/battery combos which really helps.

They are my go to source and I go from there if they are out of stock or do not supply.

I think they have the best customer service not only in RC, but more broadly and rank #1 IMHO vs. any other e-commerce site I use.
seattlebuoy is offline Find More Posts by seattlebuoy
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:23 PM
Laugh NOT at King Tupitos
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
Looks like they sell the highest quality low cost motors. Not quite as good as the big names but far better than other low cost ones.
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Old Sep 12, 2012, 09:41 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Yesterday I made an order from them and forgot to get a couple things on my list, but no big deal because of their $2.00 shipping. I just made another order. I have done that in the past and sent them an e-mail and they got right back in touch with me to let me know they would combine my 2 orders and knock the $2.00 off. I love their Firepower motor's. I got a couple Tower Pro hi-torque servo's yesterday for $4.00 ea. They do the same job as HS-55's for $6.00 less ea.////Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Sep 12, 2012, 05:34 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,857 Posts
HURC is the first place I go when I need something RC. Their prop and power data on the motors is good, many other vendors let you guess. Very good service and inexpensive and fast shipping!
foamflyer is offline Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
Wow, all a person needs to do is mention HURC and up pops a long thread of praise.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 08:03 PM
Retired and Lovin' it!
United States, KY, Sturgis
Joined Jul 2007
2,526 Posts
Its a lot more fun to read too than reading about a bunch of guys bitching about how somebody screwed them.

Tony
tpfing is offline Find More Posts by tpfing
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: North Las Vegas 1971
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:23 PM
Joined Sep 2006
8,760 Posts
It's even more fun to not be complaining about the motors, I have three.