SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:44 AM
Australia, QLD, Eumundi
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Andrew
I am working towards setting up LED's in the guns of my P-51 and recall somewhere in the thread of there being 2 synchronised LED outputs.
My question is, do the outputs drive the LED's directly and if so, what would the output voltage be, or do the outputs go to an rx channel as with the aux sound outputs?
Also, is there any liklihood of a V4 manual being available soon?.

Cheers, John
jomism is offline Find More Posts by jomism
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:46 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomism View Post
Andrew
I am working towards setting up LED's in the guns of my P-51 and recall somewhere in the thread of there being 2 synchronised LED outputs.
My question is, do the outputs drive the LED's directly and if so, what would the output voltage be, or do the outputs go to an rx channel as with the aux sound outputs?
Also, is there any liklihood of a V4 manual being available soon?.

Cheers, John
Hi John
On V2 and V3 its about 3volts out on guncard.
Just hook up any normal bright LEDs will do. .
This is a setup on 2.5 with no resistors.
Albatros DVa (6 min 6 sec)

Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:09 AM
The Netherlands, LI, Gennep
Joined Feb 2011
1,880 Posts
Does anyone know if the max spl speakers can be bought in europe somewhere?
I want to do some testing and sending stuff from USA is always risky.
struggleforlife is offline Find More Posts by struggleforlife
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:12 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
Does anyone know if the max spl speakers can be bought in europe somewhere?
I want to do some testing and sending stuff from USA is always risky.
What kind of info you looking for? I can get you all the ratings, and even the safe power limits for the speakers if you would like. I have spent a lot of time with them, so I know exactly where they blow.

I have never had any problems shipping to any country in Europe except Italy. The customs in Italy seem to hold on to things for weeks before releasing them.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:26 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,880 Posts
: ) i meant some testing as in: building a plywood box, of maybe a pvc tube, or ... in order to get the best out the watts.

If I cannot get them close to home, I better wait for V4 with the units enclosed.
Have..to..wait... I...can...do....it...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Apr 2012
90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by struggleforlife View Post
: ) i meant some testing as in: building a plywood box, of maybe a pvc tube, or ... in order to get the best out the watts.

If I cannot get them close to home, I better wait for V4 with the units enclosed.
Have..to..wait... I...can...do....it...
But how long are we talking? It seems the V3 modules are not available anymore? I know I just spoke with Jason at Randy RC Planes, and he said that only the V4 module will be sold now. But I can't seem to find out any info on the V4, except the cutoff date for pre order, and shipping date. Does anyone know when the V4 will be in stock for the rest of us? Hmmm, may be going with the benedini after all.
klmboxer is offline Find More Posts by klmboxer
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:04 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,880 Posts
Andy says one more week and V4 will be done.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:10 PM
Australia, QLD, Eumundi
Joined Jan 2011
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi John
On V2 and V3 its about 3volts out on guncard.
Just hook up any normal bright LEDs will do. .
This is a setup on 2.5 with no resistors.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xve6wZmOROI
Lasse
Thanks for the info. I enjoyed the video!
John
jomism is offline Find More Posts by jomism
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:17 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomism View Post
Thanks for the info. I enjoyed the video!
John
John,
Sorry for the delay. The V4 has taken several weeks longer than I anticipated. I am 90% certain that shipping of backorders will begin after 2/22. It is going to take about 3 weeks to get caught up with backorders, but I will also be taking regular orders after that point as well. So things are off to a little slow start with V4, but by about the second week of March I should be in full swing.

Also, question about the manual. I should have that done about mid week this week. I will post it up here and on the web page.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
here is todays update on V4. I expect the final revision board in hand tomorrow or tuesday, followed up by the first backorder batch by Firday 2/22. I need to test the final revision of the firmware, but at this point it seems to be 95%. I will be making final changes and doing HOURS of testing this week. I will get as much video as I can.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:46 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
here is todays update on V4. I expect the final revision board in hand tomorrow or tuesday, followed up by the first backorder batch by Firday 2/22. I need to test the final revision of the firmware, but at this point it seems to be 95%. I will be making final changes and doing HOURS of testing this week. I will get as much video as I can.

Andrew
Watch polarity closely Andrew!
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Feb 17, 2013, 08:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Watch polarity closely Andrew!

Well, the final revision is supposed to have a fuse on it to prevent such problems. It will also have a JST connector wired to the board. So it will be hard to mess up. I will need to get spare fuses just in case.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Today's update! Great news, and OK news.

First the OK news. I will not get the final revision of the board for testing till Wed., so no videos until at least then. It also means that it gives me shorter time to do testing. However, it still gives me 5 days before planned shipment.

Now for the great news! I have been told that the firmware is 98% complete, with the final 2% being changes based on my testing and input. It also appears likely that I will hit the shipping date of 2/22. The first ones will probably go out on Monday 2/25, just to allow for some of the additional testing. The boards themselves have already been tested, and appear very stable. They have also said that the sound is MUCH better than the Version 3.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Feb 18, 2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:38 PM
Canada, SK, Division No. 6
Joined Dec 2012
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Today's update! Great news, and OK news.

First the OK news. I will not get the final revision of the board for testing till Wed., so no videos until at least then. It also means that it gives me shorter time to do testing. However, it still gives me 5 days before planned shipment.

Now for the great news! I have been told that the firmware is 98% complete, with the final 2% being changes based on my testing and input. It also appears likely that I will hit the shipping date of 2/22. The first ones will probably go out on Monday 2/25, just to allow for some of the additional testing. The boards themselves have already been tested, and appear very stable. They have also said that the sound is MUCH better than the Version 3.

Andrew
That is good news Andrew. I would rather wait awhile longer and receive a reliable unit than have you feel pressured to get it out on time and miss something.
Gary
Saskford is online now Find More Posts by Saskford
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:45 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
That is good news Andrew. I would rather wait awhile longer and receive a reliable unit than have you feel pressured to get it out on time and miss something.
Gary
Completely understand and agree. I just don't want to delay customers further. The group that I am working with to design these is very professional. If they say it is ready and have tested it, I am sure it is. I just want to do my own testing and make sure it works as a whole unit with the speakers. Beleive me, if there is ANY problem, none will go out the door till it is resolved.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread