SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:20 AM
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Yes it will, just check in your monitor window far down in main window when you roll click. There you will see exactely what happens .
After this incident I stopped using throttlecut just to use warning for high throttle on tx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_oO7PO6kG8
Cheers Lasse
Ouch, yes, need to be careful with the throttle cut! What impresses me more than anything, however, is the lengths you went to to rescue that Piper Cub! Man, you must really love your planes! I can't imagine the cost (at least here in the US) of getting a truck like that - more than the cost of a replacement plane... LOL!
TomPeter is offline Find More Posts by TomPeter
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:18 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPeter View Post
Ouch, yes, need to be careful with the throttle cut! What impresses me more than anything, however, is the lengths you went to to rescue that Piper Cub! Man, you must really love your planes! I can't imagine the cost (at least here in the US) of getting a truck like that - more than the cost of a replacement plane... LOL!
Not really!
As the truck company also supports us and we have adverts for them and the video is on their website, it was just 80 bucks. I have both slave TX and telemerty in all my planes and sound systems so it was worth getting her down

But noe I´m waiting for V4
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:07 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,370 Posts
End point adjustment on the V4 board

Andrew,

How is the V4 on board start up adjustment working out so I don't have to buy a $130 8 channel receiver to mix throttle to engine start up and wide open? With my channel receiver maxed out for channels the kluged throttle trims I currently have is NOT the way to do it. I don't intend on using a Orange 7 Channel in 8 lb. plane.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:08 AM
France, RA, Vif
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
4 sound with 2 sound card

merci pour la reponse
pour mon b17 lanxiang de 1.87m il faut donc que je commande 2 sound system v4.
rc sound system is very nice !!
quand peux t on passer commande pour la v4 ?
ohgiloo is offline Find More Posts by ohgiloo
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:30 AM
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Andrew,

How is the V4 on board start up adjustment working out so I don't have to buy a $130 8 channel receiver to mix throttle to engine start up and wide open? With my channel receiver maxed out for channels the kluged throttle trims I currently have is NOT the way to do it. I don't intend on using a Orange 7 Channel in 8 lb. plane.

Bill
I think its the yellow button on the card you use to set sound starting point, red for altering sounds and a Y-cable from THR should do. No need to use an extra channel.
Lasse
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:37 AM
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Hello all.
But I want to keep those that have ordered, and those that plan to order, inormed.
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, good communication makes up for a lot. I am flexible but like to plan - this way i can adjust my plans. By the way, will you incorporate a new wire speaker mesh into V4? No biggie either way, just want to know if i should place an order separately .
TomPeter is offline Find More Posts by TomPeter
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:51 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgiloo View Post
merci pour la reponse
pour mon b17 lanxiang de 1.87m il faut donc que je commande 2 sound system v4.
rc sound system is very nice !!
quand peux t on passer commande pour la v4 ?
With Andrew's new card on the V4 I might be able to put a sound system in a B-17 foamy. That alone might cause me to buy a B-17 I have a special interest in those planes I know several former B-17 pilots trained here in Fort Myers at the Buckingham airfield. They would do bombing runs down Pine Island sound in behind Sanibel Island blowing big holes in the bottom, if you know where they are, and I do, it makes for some of the best fishing in Southwest Florida.

DJ
BTW: I bought a new seaplane since I can't make my other planes flying underground I will see if this will fly underwater. Splash test coming soon!
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,862 Posts
As promised, here is todays update. Not much new. Just figuring out logistical details for the final product. Going over a few things that need to be included in the firmware. I should have a final production board in hand later this week.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:33 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
As promised, here is todays update. Not much new. Just figuring out logistical details for the final product. Going over a few things that need to be included in the firmware. I should have a final production board in hand later this week.

Andrew

Andrew your not only creating a wonderful product but you are also teaching me how to handle a small start up business.

When I was reading books on how to do that one of the things it said was "many only think of a board of advisors when there already in trouble". You are making us part of your board of advisors.

Thank you, I am honored to be a small part of all this.

DJ
Sculptor is online now Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:21 AM
USA, NE, Minden
Joined May 2008
132 Posts
I just want to say that I was an early adopter of his version 1 sound module and Andrew has been fantastic. I've ran into a few issues along the way but Andrew has been very responsive and helpful working through these issues.

The sound module is fantastic and really turns heads at the flying field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
With Andrew's new card on the V4 I might be able to put a sound system in a B-17 foamy. That alone might cause me to buy a B-17 I have a special interest in those planes I know several former B-17 pilots trained here in Fort Myers at the Buckingham airfield. They would do bombing runs down Pine Island sound in behind Sanibel Island blowing big holes in the bottom, if you know where they are, and I do, it makes for some of the best fishing in Southwest Florida.
I've got a 79" Banana Hobby/BlitzRCWorks B-17 foamie that I have thought about trying to put a sound module in. Its a fun plane to fly and steals the show at fun flys.
rohdem is offline Find More Posts by rohdem
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,862 Posts
Hi all. Just a quick update. A lot of things going on today, but I can't go into details right now. A lot of final work being done. I hope to have more info by the end of tomorrow.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Feb 13, 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:42 PM
Fortress Fixer / Scale Addict
United States, TX
Joined Mar 2010
168 Posts
Andrew -

As you work out the final 5% of the product (usually the most difficult), my Mustang is just dying to get one of those new sound units. I've been dubbing over real Mustang recordings in my videos and am ready to bring the "Beast to Life"!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829356

Great work - and you're doing a fantastic service to this hobby. Someone here on RCG stated that this is the golden age of radio control and you my friend are a key entrepreneur of that reality!
Comstock is offline Find More Posts by Comstock
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:46 AM
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comstock View Post
Andrew -

As you work out the final 5% of the product (usually the most difficult), my Mustang is just dying to get one of those new sound units. I've been dubbing over real Mustang recordings in my videos and am ready to bring the "Beast to Life"!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1829356

Great work - and you're doing a fantastic service to this hobby. Someone here on RCG stated that this is the golden age of radio control and you my friend are a key entrepreneur of that reality!
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post24130917
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:51 AM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsairnut View Post
I have seen some guys use the plywood speaker box concept in wings, motor boxes , etc , with great results. The key is to make the box solid inside , like coating it with epoxy to make it hard, then stuff it with acoustic fiberfill.
Yep that's the idea a sealed box. But I think I'll try a couple of tests forst. Epoxy can be a bit flexible. Gorilla glue sets up rock-rigid. I'll laminate some thin balsa with -gauged- layers of glue in between them. Inner surface of balsa still needs a thin layer of epoxy to seal the pores in the soft wood.

Quote:
For more sound and bass, porting it out through any ABS or light weight carbon tube will add a lot. The more bends and turns in that tube, the better.
I think it's more the -length- not the turns, and the -shape- of the tube. (Check out the structure of a tuba - a long coiled tube gradually increasing in diameter.) The turns just happen to cram the most length into the smallest cubic space. It's be interesting to design something in CAD to do that though to fit in a wing segment between two ribs. One segment would be the speaker enclosure, then send the sound through a rib to the segment filled with the 'convoluted turns' to create 'length.'

Another aspect is that bass carries better over distance, so the more bass the better when a plane is 100' up in the air.

I was just looking at Senior wing. In -front- of the thickest part of the wing there's enough room to fit a speaker which is the heaviest component. Then behind that is a big empty space about 6" x 3.5" and tapering from 1.5" down to 1". It's a lotta work though I'll have to think about it for a while.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Feb 14, 2013, 03:24 PM
sparksaflyin
Australia, VIC, Toongabbie
Joined Jun 2004
17 Posts
Hi all,new to this forum and after reading through the posts, I want one(or maybe several).But I would like to ask Andrew a question first.How many hours in your day?With designing,building,testing,mailing , flying,family and lifes other interuptions you must have 36 hr days at least.
Seriously though,I am very impressed and as soon as I can will be purchasing one.the decision will then be which plane does it go into first.
bythebay is offline Find More Posts by bythebay
Closed Thread