Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:45 PM
Always trying to learn
United States, IL, Geneva
Joined Feb 2011
643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Rigth you are.
Just came in after four nightflights with my PZ Night Vapor, -12C, pitch dark, just the LED´s flashing. Not for arerobatics, she can loop but couldnt carry a soundunit

Lasse
I love my Night Vapor. On a calm summer evening it is completely relaxing out on the street corner. Not so sure at -12C though! I think the turbine sound would throw some people for a loop if put on that aircraft. We're still waiting for the ventriloquist sound unit Andrew!
mejmea is offline Find More Posts by mejmea
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea View Post
We're still waiting for the ventriloquist sound unit Andrew!
Working on it. LOL

Actually, I am talking with the engineer today, and he is trying to get a test video done fore me today. Unfortunately, his furnace broke down last night so he has been working with an HVAC guy to get that working. He promises today though. If it is any good, I will pass it along. Might be tomorrow.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Feb 02, 2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:03 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I have a V1 budget "B" without speaker I don't need. $65 shipped
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
I have a V1 budget "B" without speaker I don't need. $65 shipped
Was yours a V1? I thought that it was a V2. Any problems with it, or just don't need it?

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:24 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Was yours a V1? I thought that it was a V2. Any problems with it, or just don't need it?

Andrew
You also sent me a Budget "A" with the 16 bit card, thats in my Mustang. This is the first one from my FW-190. I need to sell this it so I can pick up the new version "C" for my Zero.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:23 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Working on it. LOL

Actually, I am talking with the engineer today, and he is trying to get a test video done fore me today. Unfortunately, his furnace broke down last night so he has been working with an HVAC guy to get that working. He promises today though. If it is any good, I will pass it along. Might be tomorrow.

Andrew
Give me something to cool me down, so exited.......
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:44 AM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
352 Posts
I didnt have time to finish my FPV system for my pilot and didnt get a recorder out of the windstream so you could hear the engine and guns so well, but I hope to have it all ready for my next flight. Here is a rough beginning of what I am wanting to use the sound system for. If I put an audio recorder out of the windstream, I should be able to get great engine sounds. When the audio/video recorders are mounted where I had them, the mic acts like a static sound generator. I am learning.
Denny

Blue Max 2013 WW1 in-flight dogfighting/ Crash (13 min 0 sec)
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:48 AM
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
I didnt have time to finish my FPV system for my pilot and didnt get a recorder out of the windstream so you could hear the engine and guns so well, but I hope to have it all ready for my next flight. Here is a rough beginning of what I am wanting to use the sound system for. If I put an audio recorder out of the windstream, I should be able to get great engine sounds. When the audio/video recorders are mounted where I had them, the mic acts like a static sound generator. I am learning.
Denny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKFQ...zidNAQ&index=1
Awesome vid. Smiling all the time, felt like being back to WW1 in the air dogfighting myself
Lasse
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:13 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
Denny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiKFQ...zidNAQ&index=1
That was a work of just simply pure genius and beauty...You have my deepest admiration and respect.....OUTSTANDING!!!!
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:00 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,845 Posts
Denny,
Great vid! How did it sound from the ground?

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Denny,
Great vid! How did it sound from the ground?

Andrew
Wonder why you ask Andrew? It must have been great as always
Lasse
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:27 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
352 Posts
Andrew, I didnt have time to set the throttle properly, the start sound was awesome, the idle sound was great, but I couldnt get to "run up" I will try mixing it on another channel. When starting on the ground it was loud, when it idled you could still hear it above the sound of the Power 160 outrunner and the 20 inch prop. When it flew by on a low pass, we could hear it idling, and could still hear it over the advanced throttle sound of the prop and outrunner. We made several low passes in front of the crowd chasing a 1/4 scale triplane and the crowd seemed to really like it. When I get a chance to install it properly it will be even louder. Next flight I will have an audio recorder inside the plane, the hole in the mini-cam for the mike results in a staticy sound as the wind whistles past the microphone. I can't wait to get it fine tuned to this application. Based on the reactions of other modelers at the event, there may be a market for the systems for large WW1 aircraft. One of the old timers came by, saw I had an electric motor on the front. He said, I dont care for electrics, I like the sound of a rela engine. I told him my plane was the most realistic sounding plane at the event. I could tell by the look on his face he didnt believe me. I explained to him that the 2 stroke powered aircraft at the event didnt sound right to me, they sounded like flying weedeaters screaming by. I then powered-up the system and started the motor, he was dumbfounded, his mouth dropped open, with a dazed look on his face he stood there with nothing to say. He just didnt know what to think of it. I hope to have it all worked out by the next flight and share the results with you.
Thanks, Denny
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:10 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Maybe you all can help me with this. I spent part of yesterday and most of today getting the sound system to work and I have, but now I'm trying to make the guns work.

I have a new Turnigy 9X transmitter and because I'm so new to all this I can't seem to assign the guns to a switch because I don't know how. Rereading the instruction manual many times I don't see how that's done.

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:09 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,410 Posts
You need to be a rocket scientist to work out programming a stock T9X !! LOL.
Plus it is extremely limited really.
Find a way (someone?) to convert it to run the ER9X firmware instead, THEN it becomes a masterpiece!! And Un-Limited programmability then too!
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:56 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
You need to be a rocket scientist to work out programming a stock T9X !! LOL.
Plus it is extremely limited really.
Find a way (someone?) to convert it to run the ER9X firmware instead, THEN it becomes a masterpiece!! And Un-Limited programmability then too!

Peter I sure hate to hear that. I'll have to get out my rocket and my rocket science manual. I read a little on the ER 9X that's way over my head.

Sometimes you just got to "dance with the one you brung"

Thank you Peter,

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Closed Thread