HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:47 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Andrew,

My wife says she ordered a Budget B system for me recently. Can she switch the order to the new version. PM please.

Bill
What a great wife!! Did she order it thorugh RC-Airplane-World, under the name of Vicki?

It was going to be a Version 3 anyway, so the answer is YES.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:52 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
539 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Thank you! I will get it built up and shipped on Monday. I don't think there will be any extra shipping.

Did you need an extention cable for the sound card or voltage regulator? I have not put them up on the web page yet, need to get pictures.

Andrew
Yes good idea as I plan to separate all modules. Will need sound card, voltage regulator and if needed for gun card extensions.
Quote me how much extra
reg
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:53 PM
USA, OH, Kent
Joined Feb 2011
124 Posts
Andrew
Well, my hat is off to you Andrew for a job well done! For you have adressed every issue I mentioned while making the mass purchase for the CMAC back in june-july eliminating the need for any more CUSTOM orders! From rotary & jet engine sound cards to single-multiple speaker options to easy plug-in components, you've done it all WOW !! I'm sure another mass order isn't far off. PS will New Amps,V Regs & Cards be available for purchase so we can update our old systems?
Bill..................
spitfirebill is offline Find More Posts by spitfirebill
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfirebill View Post
Andrew
Well, my hat is off to you Andrew for a job well done! For you have adressed every issue I mentioned while making the mass purchase for the CMAC back in june-july eliminating the need for any more CUSTOM orders! From rotary & jet engine sound cards to single-multiple speaker options to easy plug-in components, you've done it all WOW !! I'm sure another mass order isn't far off. PS will New Amps,V Regs & Cards be available for purchase so we can update our old systems?
Bill..................
Bill,
thank you for the kind words.

I would prefer to upgrade the current systems if you would like them upgraded. There is a specific voltage range the regulators must be set to, and I like to test the unit as a whole when it is done. If you are looking to have those ones upgraded, PM me and we can arrange to have them shipped to me and upgraded.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:15 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
What a great wife!! Did she order it thorugh RC-Airplane-World, under the name of Vicki?

It was going to be a Version 3 anyway, so the answer is YES.

Andrew
I got her to confess. She was holding off until Friday but ended up fracturing her upper left arm in a fall on Thursday. She said I could go ahead and order it right now. So, I will go to your website and place an order for a Budget B for my FMS 1400 mm T28.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Dec 08, 2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I got her to confess. She was holding off until Friday but ended up fracturing her upper left arm in a fall on Thursday. She said I could go ahead and order it right now. So, I will go to your website and place an order for a Budget B for my FMS 1400 mm T28.
Looks like I am going to have a busy Monday! Thank you!!
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:56 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
Looks like I am going to have a busy Monday! Thank you!!
The order just went in about 10 minutes ago.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:18 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
10,275 Posts
I was looking at the web-site....
Maybe you should put up sound files, or videos (not really necessary), that show all the sounds of the units (A,B,C) so people can listen to them and might decide on something different than they though they would want?

Also, on the A module shortage... how long would that be?
I think I will order an "Xmas special"! LOL
Tempted to get the Jet C version, but really need another Merlin (for a P-51)....
Or (when in stock) can you order optional sound modules alone? eg get a C unit and an extra A module?

The Connector system looks great!
Oh... and with the Regulator.....
Do you think it has some/any benefit that it could maintain the maximum voltage the Amp could use, much better than any battery tap off? Seeing,as long as you have the cells, it will keep the Amp powered at that max volts all the time. Not some lesser amount due to battery tap off. Maybe it is only a volt here or there... but might be a few volts in some cases. And maybe every bit you can get is good to have!
I forget if I checked the regulator output voltage.... I might have to test the sound level change for 4S tap versus the regulator.... just by ear....
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
I was looking at the web-site....
Maybe you should put up sound files, or videos (not really necessary), that show all the sounds of the units (A,B,C) so people can listen to them and might decide on something different than they though they would want?

Also, on the A module shortage... how long would that be?
I think I will order an "Xmas special"! LOL
Tempted to get the Jet C version, but really need another Merlin (for a P-51)....
Or (when in stock) can you order optional sound modules alone? eg get a C unit and an extra A module?

The Connector system looks great!
Oh... and with the Regulator.....
Do you think it has some/any benefit that it could maintain the maximum voltage the Amp could use, much better than any battery tap off? Seeing,as long as you have the cells, it will keep the Amp powered at that max volts all the time. Not some lesser amount due to battery tap off. Maybe it is only a volt here or there... but might be a few volts in some cases. And maybe every bit you can get is good to have!
I forget if I checked the regulator output voltage.... I might have to test the sound level change for 4S tap versus the regulator.... just by ear....
Putting sounds up on the page is something that I keep meaning to do. I think I have video of each sound though. I will see what I can do.

With any luck I will have A units in stock this week, but I can't be certain.

I much prefer the voltage regulator. There are limits for the speaker, and also for the new amplifier now. It allows me to tweak it for the most possible, but keep it within the limits. So for now I am going to keep the regulator.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:41 AM
Joined Sep 2008
252 Posts
how much does the regulator wiegh? and how low of a cell count will the system function on?

thanks
dcwwcp is offline Find More Posts by dcwwcp
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:46 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwwcp View Post
Andrew - the new amplifier is sounding quite promising!

Jackson S - yeah those ESCs are noisy compared to higher quality ones running at higher frequency. and higher quality lower Kv motors will also help keep the whining sound to a minimum. but hey, I have used those ESCs and other cheap parts myself, don't get me wrong.

I have a few videos I've done. one is of poor video (hard to find a good camera man) but heavily produced. my first premiere pro editing job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FzwBqdcUCU

I should come shoot video for you! I'm in kansas, we could shoot video for each other. I have a much better video camera now. really a good mic is what is needed for these projects.

lassehellsten - I use a Fender vibrolux (pair of 10") and a fender twin reverb ( pair of 12") together ! yeah baby!

Urrl - sorry to see the stuka in that condition. just remember. there's only two kinds of RC planes. those that have crashed.....and those that are going to crash. if a guy can come to terms with that he will be okay
So, which model sound system offers the Blue Danube engine sound?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcwwcp View Post
how much does the regulator wiegh? and how low of a cell count will the system function on?

thanks
It weighs 11g. The system works pretty good on 3S, and should work on 2S, but on 2S, the volume is going to be down.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:43 AM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
808 Posts
Hun Hunter XVI on Patrol!

Gentlemen,

I am pleased to announce the release of my latest video on Vimeo featuring the P-47 Thunderbolt "Hun Hunter XVI". Equipped with Andrew's "Ultra" sound system, this 1600 mm EPO warbird looks and sounds fantastic. Previous attempts to get some video of this warbird in the air were frustrated by strong winds that prevented the video recorder from capturing the sound module output. This video is a huge improvement.

We were blessed with a gentle wind from the east. My videographer was not very experienced, but as a retired doctor he was a quick learner. You can see the quality of the video improve as it progresses. It is still marred by shakiness and the occasional drift in-and-out of focus. For the worst of these visual gaffes I covered them up with some aerial footage I shot yesterday with the Wind Cam on the tail.

The music is from a Denver Brass CD and the title is "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves". I am a big believer that RC airplane videos should have music. However I am also mindful of those people who have requested to hear the sound of the Ultra module without music. Accordingly, the middle third of the video has no music and features some of the best aerial sound recordings that we captured. I think you will agree that Andrews' Ultra sound module really sounds great in this P-47!

Best wishes to my fellow pilots and builders,

Jackson

Hun Hunter On Patrol 12-06-12 (5 min 13 sec)
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:25 PM
Australia, NSW, Williamtown RAAF
Joined Aug 2008
2,392 Posts
Bravo! A great vid.
dro56595@bigpo is offline Find More Posts by dro56595@bigpo
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Awesome vid!!! Another fatastic job!!!