SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Dec 04, 2012, 10:00 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
All great tips for future versions! I will see what can be done.

Andrew
Andrew,

The plug and play complete module of components is what makes your system attractive to me. Buying a box of components I have to solder together would be a showstopper for me. I have other things to do other than build a Heathkit. Anyway, take it as additional input.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2012, 11:41 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
11,762 Posts
Don't worry, I am 100% sure it would never be in any parts that need soldering. All plug and play... connectors and extensions.... just more flexible to allow many combinations of items. And you can still always 'stick them all together over the speaker box' too.
PeterVRC is offline Find More Posts by PeterVRC
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:02 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Don't worry, I am 100% sure it would never be in any parts that need soldering. All plug and play... connectors and extensions.... just more flexible to allow many combinations of items. And you can still always 'stick them all together over the speaker box' too.

Yes your right. My suggestions is very easy to incorporate. There is NEVER any need for soldering with Micro bullets connectors. This is how I would offer the systems.
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:12 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,650 Posts
Quote:
How can you say that? It is not your design.

Soldering is not an issue. I would liken it to ordering a brushless motor or ordering kit to make a brushless motor. I prefer the former not the latter.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:25 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
How can you say that? It is not your design.

Soldering is not an issue. I would liken it to ordering a brushless motor or ordering kit to make a brushless motor. I prefer the former not the latter.
I think your missing the point here. Currently, MrRcsound offers all their systems as a plug and play. These are ready to connect via a Y harness and work great right away. The reason I suggested this, as did others is that when you have two half systems that are soldered as one it makes it hard to install in most planes. All we are suggesting is that the systems remain plug n play but they are deassemballed via connecters NOT soldering. This will ensure the systems remain truly.. Plug n play
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,762 Posts
Rest assured, Andrew will never sell a 'needs soldering' version! LOL
(Well, unless he makes another version for some 'kit' reason... but highly unlikely)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:44 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Rest assured, Andrew will never sell a 'needs soldering' version! LOL
(Well, unless he makes another version for some 'kit' reason... but highly unlikely)
and again you now missing the point !
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:56 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Fantastic J,

What are you doing in Antarctica? Do you get a chance to fly RC planes there, or is RC a hobby you do when you get back "in country"? Tell us some stories.

Jackson
The real story is....I'm not in Antarctica. I travel a real lot for work and sometimes have no idea where I am when I wake up.....sometimes I wish didn't remember. I get so many people asking me "where are you this time" when they ring my cell, I just say the South Pole. I can honestly say out of all the places I have been, I have only come across amazing people. You get the occasional ass but they are the exception. Kinda like RCG.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:59 AM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
and again you now missing the point !
I think I'm missing it as well or not understanding? are you saying that the use of the servo style connectors instead of the origional hard wiring was your idea? or that there be soldered on Micro bullet connectors instead of the servo style connectors Like I posted in my Mod video?.

I'm not understanding where the bullet connectors come in at? or where?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by brandonmoon; Dec 05, 2012 at 05:04 AM.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:51 AM
Joined Nov 2006
11,762 Posts
The point is that I know.....
I won't bother explaining why.... We will see Andrew's view at some stage, lol.

The connector types are irrelevant, it just needs appropriate and different types for each interconnection (so that it is impossible for someone to mess it up!!).
I have been over all this many months ago.... so it is nothing new to Andrew, or me. Mine was fully re-wired as per all that above, and with silicone leads, as soon as I first got it (Late July), seeing right from initial assessment I saw the need for flexibility in anything I could envisage using it in. It also had some connection issues due to the stiff wire and those 'blah green connector blocks', hehe.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Everyone!!!! No need to be jumping to conclusions here.

When I first set out on this endeavor (endeavour for some of you ) my plan to was to make a sound system for the general flyer. One that is all intigrated as one unit, as small as I could possible make it, and with the mobility and flexibility to be moved from one plane to another, at the field, in a matter of minutes.

I have tested many different components, speakers, amplifiers, etc. in an attempt to deliver a high output of volume with a minimum of weight. I hand build and bench test each unit for approx. 10 minutes before boxing it up an shipping it.

My provisional pattent is based on the fact that the unit is just that, all assembeled, tested, mobile, and ready to run. That is not going to change. I would never just give a box of parts.

Let me explain what the new version will look like a little bit better. It will look ALMOST IDENTICAL to the current version. The main difference is, in place of using the industrial double stick to secure parts, it will be Velcro, so that the component can be easily removed if needed. Each component will alsohave connectors on the wires. The wires on the base unit will be kept short, but extention wires can be added in. This allows for the components to be moved if there is not room for the unit as a whole.

I will get a video done as soon as I get the prototype done. It will be easier to understand then.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 05, 2012, 12:02 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
820 Posts
Andrew,

Thanks for the clarification. Look forward to the video. I installed a MT-60 connector to connect my system into the power source. These are my favorite connectors for low amp purposes. Seems like 3.5mm bullet connectors would also be a good choice.

Regards,

Jack
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Dec 05, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,939 Posts
Version 3

The video will have to wait till tomorrow probably. I want to get the new amplifier on it before I do the video. Here are some pictures of the Version 3 with the current amplifier.

As you can see, it still can be used all as one unit. If you require extra room in a praticular plane, the Velcro makes it easy to seperate. The connectors allow for wire extentions to be added in.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Dec 05, 2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Sep 2008
296 Posts
aw, ... he made a cute little heart with the wires !

uh-oh...tell me I'm not the only one who saw that (checks manliness)

that's lookin' pretty darn good to me!
dcwwcp is online now Find More Posts by dcwwcp
Old Dec 05, 2012, 06:11 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Mar 2009
5,659 Posts
That's perfect....good job
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Closed Thread