Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:25 AM
Pro RC Boneyard Developer
Canada, BC, Arrow Creek
Joined Jan 2012
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Perry,
Just an FYI, your order is slightly backed up. I was waiting on a parts order. It should go out on Monday. You will need to cut a hole or at least drill small holes. The sound will not be loud enough if you don't.

Andrew
Thanks for the update and the info. Looking forward to it.

Regards...
teknokraze is offline Find More Posts by teknokraze
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2012, 03:59 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I'm thinking hard on that new "C" version for my Zero. Just wish it was not so close to Christmas
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:14 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,449 Posts
Help me with re wiring please Andrew

Andrew,

As requested, here is a picture of your system. I had to unwire / unsolder it to fit it as two half before I reconnect everything running though the fuse but stupidly, I did not take a picture of what goes where thinking I would finish it all in a night some time ago.

Please tell me where the two small speaker wire into and the single white wire. and then I can maiden this bay boy this weekend !!!

Thx
G
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
I also have a question for ya Andrew...What is the 3 prong phono jack for? along with the DC jack next to it? and the two jumper positions for on the other side?
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 26, 2012, 10:42 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,219 Posts
My wife asked what I wanted for my upcoming birthday in early December and I told her and sent the link to the Budget B and two speaker add-on. All is good at Prof100's house. The Budget B is going in a FMS T28.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:08 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Gentlemen,
I am sorry for my slow replies. Yesterday was extreemly busy, trying to catch up on orders. Give me a little bit, and I will try to answer all of your questions.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:13 AM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,721 Posts
MrRCSound System

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 PM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
Question for Andrew here:

Why have these Non-compliant devices on the unit? if they serve no purpose?

What is the purpose of the Mute Jumper? and what is the other unused jumper pins next to it for?

Also what are the spearker screw connections for on the gun card? since it is pluged in the the main Amp card and uses it's speaker connections.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonmoon View Post
Question for Andrew here:

Why have these Non-compliant devices on the unit? if they serve no purpose?

What is the purpose of the Mute Jumper? and what is the other unused jumper pins next to it for?

Also what are the spearker screw connections for on the gun card? since it is pluged in the the main Amp card and uses it's speaker connections.
Hi Brandon,
Sorry for the late replies.

The amplifier is not a custom designed component, so they come with the power connector, input, mute, etc. in place. I am working with a couple of companies to design and build a custom amplifier, but unitl that happens, these ones work fine. They could be removed, but in all honesty the extra few grams does not make much of a difference.

The screw connections on the gun card are output for gun lights. Low voltage lights, 2-4v 10-20ma LEDs. Two positive and one negitive. I need to make better refrence to that in the instructions.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Andrew,

As requested, here is a picture of your system. I had to unwire / unsolder it to fit it as two half before I reconnect everything running though the fuse but stupidly, I did not take a picture of what goes where thinking I would finish it all in a night some time ago.

Please tell me where the two small speaker wire into and the single white wire. and then I can maiden this bay boy this weekend !!!

Thx
G
The white wire needs to be soldered to the middel silverpart of the input connector jack. Let me modify your picture and put it back up.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:14 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
The white wire needs to be soldered to the middel silverpart of the input connector jack. Let me modify your picture and put it back up.

Andrew
Yes please - I dont remember unsoldering that - Just the two Red and black wires...
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:21 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,839 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Yes please - I dont remember unsoldering that - Just the two Red and black wires...
Here you are. I hope this helps.
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 27, 2012, 04:31 PM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,449 Posts
It does Andrew. Thanks very much.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:49 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,905 Posts
My ultimate system arrived today. Thanks for the great service

I plan on fitting it to my 1700mm P-40.

Is there a way to safely test it before fitting so I can calibrate the engine speed to engine sound.

I did a bind a spare rx to the model and plugged in the system. Servo male to a y lead in throttle and powered up with a 3s lipo.

I got the start up sound at almost 3/4 throttle, just clicking at stick levels under that and no transition to operating rpm . Does an ESC have to part of the loop to work properly?

I can take a snap or video of the set-up.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:55 AM
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
What brand radio are you useing? I had the same thing with mine on my Futaba and ended up plugging it into a spare chanel and mixing that chanel to the throttle chanel and adjusting the end points on the mix to get the sync up correct. Takes a little fiddle work, but it's worth it.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread