Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:59 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Any chance of hearing the model C sounds before Monday?
Yes, I will have a video up before Monday with the sounds.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWCXC View Post
HI Andrew
I was finally able to maiden my FW190 with your system installed. All went well but the sound. It would go to start up sequence then it would go to hit and miss. It actually sounded kind of like a plane that was hit by a ground fire . Could you have any suggestions if maybe a wire is loose or drop in voltage I am using same battery for motor and SS?

Thanks Greg
Hi Greg,
It sounds like RF to me. Did you put the choke on the Y lead, or the servo lead from the sound unit? Make sure it has at least 2-3 wraps around it. Try moving the components if possible. There has been one other case where the ESC was just so excessively noisy, that the only thing that worked was to change out the ESC, then it all cleared up. Send me a PM, we will try to work through a couple of things.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknokraze View Post
Hi Andrew,

I ordered an Ultra-A system. I'll be putting it in a fiberglass fuselage, would it be recommended to cut holes in the fuse to allow more sound out? Or would be clear enough if the speakers are just placed outwards against the fiberglass?

Regards,
Perry.
Perry,
Just an FYI, your order is slightly backed up. I was waiting on a parts order. It should go out on Monday. You will need to cut a hole or at least drill small holes. The sound will not be loud enough if you don't.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 06:06 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierGuy View Post
Do your audio devices only play engine sounds? I would like to play other sounds from a speaker system on my electric glider. I want to load my own sounds and play UFO like sounds.
Currently there is no way to install your own sounds. That may be an option for the future, but not on the current model.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 10:35 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Guys,
A qucik question for you all. One of the planes that I am thinking of carrying with the MrRCSound fitted is a T-6 Texan II. This is the new Texan, not the WWII version. It uses a turbo prop engine. I am not sure what engine sound would be best for this. The Lycoming does not sound too bad, or should I used the Jet engine sound, since it is a turbo prop?

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 01:12 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,906 Posts
Use the jet and let he prop add the rest.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Comapre and comment.

Raytheon T-6A Texan II from Vance AFB Startup at KISO (0 min 43 sec)

MrRCSound Jet TurbineT-6 Texan II (2 min 12 sec)

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:03 PM
Fly & Have Fun..Enjoy the Ride
Joined Mar 2009
5,655 Posts
Sounds good to me
brandonmoon is offline Find More Posts by brandonmoon
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Relocated back to Arizona
Old Nov 23, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
New Model C

Here is a sound demo of the new model C. The available sounds are Mitusbishi (zero), Gnome Rotary, M-14, and Jet Turbine. The C will be available on Cyber Monday, with the Budget C on sale for introductory at the price of $109.99.

MrRCSound Model C Sound Demo (2 min 28 sec)

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 23, 2012, 10:52 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
That "Zero" sound is on the money
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:51 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,449 Posts
Hi Andrew, I just need your help with rewiring the two small speakers and the single white wire as I had to unsolder / unscrew it all prior to doing a major mod on my Fw190 1400. Its going to be great but cant for the life of me remember what went where ! Got some very nice refinements going it. Taken a while... but wanted it done right.

* Just repainted the firewall forward after these pictures were taken and lightly glassed the motor mount ( fitting it left nearly no foam left lol )

Thanks
G
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 24, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,841 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Hi Andrew, I just need your help with rewiring the two small speakers and the single white wire as I had to unsolder / unscrew it all prior to doing a major mod on my Fw190 1400. Its going to be great but cant for the life of me remember what went where ! Got some very nice refinements going it. Taken a while... but wanted it done right.

* Just repainted the firewall forward after these pictures were taken and lightly glassed the motor mount ( fitting it left nearly no foam left lol )

Thanks
G
Sure thing. Can you post some pictures and I will try to walk you through it.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 24, 2012, 01:42 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
808 Posts
Andrew, the jet sound with the Texan 2 is quite convincing. Another application will be for scale jet helicopters. I am planning to build an F-22 next month. Need to evaluate if and where I could put a C module in that airframe. It will have lights and retracts, so sound would really finish off a scale effect.

I am out of town this weekend, so no building or flying. Hope to have the P-47 finished and remaidened by next weekend. The Mustang too. Both planes have new retracts and struts. The struts look great. I have a friend fabricating aluminum plates to secure the servo less retracts. Much more rugged than stock plastic ones.

Cheers from St Louis,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:54 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
1,023 Posts
Andrew, this is really cool stuff.

I hope you make $1,000,000 (or at least enough to make it worth while continuing).

Thanks for all of the time and effort.

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:52 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Sure thing. Can you post some pictures and I will try to walk you through it.

Andrew
Actually, if you could post the completed unit I should be able to work it out ? Is that ok Andrew ?
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Closed Thread