SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 06, 2012, 08:36 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,471 Posts
Is that one the single speaker version ? I have the Ultra, its fantastic but I dont have any planes that it fits in... yet ;-)
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2012, 09:54 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Hey Daylight, Mine does the same thing. I think its just the end of the sound clip before it cycles back to the beginning. It would be nice if the sound clip was a bit smoother in its cycling.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Sep 06, 2012, 10:44 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
816 Posts
The Creator's Reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
That is a MAGNIFICENT video! Very well done. Thank you very much for sharing. The plane looks and sounds great.

Orion
Orion,

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy both flying and making movies, so making movies about flying RC planes is a natural outlet for me. I take great pleasure in the creative process - what scenes to include or delete, how to use the wingcam vs. ground footage, the music, etc. The Creator's reward is to get positive feedback like yours. I am also happy to get constructive feedback that will make these videos better.

I really think the addition of sound to these electric planes is a huge breakthrough for us scale enthusiasts. The only better thing that I have seen/heard in the RC arena is the big radial engines that produce a very scale and authentic sound, but at huge cost per unit. Andrew's units are very reasonable in price and are designed to be easily moved from one plane to another for the person who is super cost-conscious. I already have two units and am thinking about getting a third for my aerobatic Yak 54. I was at an airshow two weekends ago and realized as I was watching an Edge perform an aerobatic routine how much a part of the show the engine and prop noise was. The two-stroke and four-cycle engines that power the fueled planes make plenty of noise, Andrew's sound unit makes less but it is a more pleasing and authentic sound.

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Sep 07, 2012, 12:01 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
He has a mini system with 2 speakers. Wouldn't 2 speakers in their respective nacelles provide the same effect? Asking only because I am thinking along the same lines.
Ok so today the Lycoming in the FMS Cub was in the air! TRied the Budget first, a bit heavy for this low powered plane, so I went for a Mini with 3 mini speakers (2 i series on 1 port and the original utnuched on its port).

As you may know larger cone area improves loudness (guitar cabinets with 4x 12" instead of 2 x 15")
When starting up a guy at the field said "Somthing wrong with the electric engine", then gradually smiling when realising that it was the sound of a "gas engine"
The start and stop-sounds are very tru to original, as I've synchronised them on the spot in the mix, prop starting and stopping with sound!

Minimal damage to the cub
Speaker on engine mount, speaker under hood with drilled holes and 3d speaker under vented battery cover (squeezed between battery and cover)

Ok so now I'm a neard, but I dont mind!

Can't wait for Mini with machine-gun sound and blasts (plan to put in LED´s, card prepared for it) ordered with the same 3 speaker setup. Plan to use it in a ParkZone Albatros WW1.
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:58 AM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,828 Posts
Lasseheelste... did you remove the "speaker boxes" that come with the units?
MrRCSound, how deep, long and wide are the 4 speakers for the Ultra? Need to see if there is room in my TF P47.
NCRealEstateGuy is online now Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:19 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
545 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
MrRCSound, how deep, long and wide are the 4 speakers for the Ultra? Need to see if there is room in my TF P47.
Kept the boxes, actually the same size as the speaker
Diam ca 1 " depth ca 3/4"

Keeping the box, as they fit snug, makes an infinite baffle that improves sound.
Best reg
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Sep 07, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
What you are seeing in Lasse's post are the mini speakers, they have small round enclosures on them.

The speaker boxes are approximately 3x3x2.5"

Andrew

http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:06 AM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,828 Posts
Those are the dimensions of the 2" speakers. What about the 1.22" speakers? Thanks.
NCRealEstateGuy is online now Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Those are the dimensions of the 2" speakers. What about the 1.22" speakers? Thanks.
Small. I am not sure, I will measure them. They are 1.22" round, so with the enclosure, probably about 1.25" total, and only about 1/2" thick. Less than the size of a US half dollar.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:45 AM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,300 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Orion,

Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy both flying and making movies, so making movies about flying RC planes is a natural outlet for me. I take great pleasure in the creative process - what scenes to include or delete, how to use the wingcam vs. ground footage, the music, etc. The Creator's reward is to get positive feedback like yours. I am also happy to get constructive feedback that will make these videos better.

I really think the addition of sound to these electric planes is a huge breakthrough for us scale enthusiasts. The only better thing that I have seen/heard in the RC arena is the big radial engines that produce a very scale and authentic sound, but at huge cost per unit. Andrew's units are very reasonable in price and are designed to be easily moved from one plane to another for the person who is super cost-conscious. I already have two units and am thinking about getting a third for my aerobatic Yak 54. I was at an airshow two weekends ago and realized as I was watching an Edge perform an aerobatic routine how much a part of the show the engine and prop noise was. The two-stroke and four-cycle engines that power the fueled planes make plenty of noise, Andrew's sound unit makes less but it is a more pleasing and authentic sound.

Regards,

Jackson
You and I share a common interest. My complication is I can't find anyone who can film me flying, so more often than not I am filming someone else.

As for Andrews unit, while it can't compare to a scale radial, it is perfection for our small foam planes. It produces an excellent scale sound that is far better than the weed eater noise that comes from 2 stroke engines. I can actually tolerate the 4 stroke engines but its still not realistic. It also produces accurate audio of non radial engines like the Merlin and Allison. Those are sounds that we do not have a scale engine for to put in our planes. So while its not loud enough to wake up 4 city blocks, it is enough to get the attention of every old gasser fuddy duddy at the field and put a smile on their face.

Orion
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:50 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Is that one the single speaker version ? I have the Ultra, its fantastic but I dont have any planes that it fits in... yet ;-)
Yes, its "Budget" sound unit with one speaker.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:57 AM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Hey Daylight, Mine does the same thing. I think its just the end of the sound clip before it cycles back to the beginning. It would be nice if the sound clip was a bit smoother in its cycling.
Well, like I said at high rpm you don't notice it at all. I watched AeroBatman's video again and the same cuts are in his as well so I'm no longer going to worry about it, its a very minor issue.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:02 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,707 Posts
Wow, very impressed with the results from these units considering their size and price. Has anyone fitted one to a PKZ P-47 yet? If not, which unit would you recoomed for that plane Andrew (it's 1100mm span, which makes all three units possibles according to your website).

thanks, Matt
MattyB is online now Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My OpenTX Taranis templates...
Old Sep 07, 2012, 10:50 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Wow, very impressed with the results from these units considering their size and price. Has anyone fitted one to a PKZ P-47 yet? If not, which unit would you recoomed for that plane Andrew (it's 1100mm span, which makes all three units possibles according to your website).

thanks, Matt
I would reccomned trying to squeze the Budget or Pro in if at all possible. 1100 is a little small, but it may fit with some mods. I know that some have put it in the Dynam Spitfire, which is 1200mm. Tight squeze, but they got it in.

Andrew

Site Sponsor
Old Sep 07, 2012, 11:35 AM
United States, FL, Lehigh Acres
Joined Aug 2011
848 Posts
can it make machine gun sounds like a war war 2 plane doing a straffing run?
xrx1113 is offline Find More Posts by xrx1113
Closed Thread