HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:21 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
Wish I had 4 hours to spend!
Envy U, but am glad that someone can enjoy the art of flying!
We have DAMP and rain, dont see the sun at all, so I' ll make dome dkis for the Cub
Good luck with the sound!
L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Andrew,

Have not modified the speaker setup yet. I was focused on the motor and landing gear replacement. However, the next step of replacing the ESC is a perfect opportunity to reorganize the innards of the P-47, including the placement of the sound module speakers.

We had a nice day here today so I was out at my local flying field for four hours flying three of my planes. Really fun day. I actually had somebody ask me about the status of the P-47, so there is some anticipation going.

Regards,

Jackson
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:26 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,484 Posts
Wish I could get a sound system for my heli
urrl is online now Find More Posts by urrl
Old Nov 06, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urrl View Post
Wish I could get a sound system for my heli
Soemthing to think about. I may work on it in the future.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:48 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
I love the smell of napalm in the morning !! gotta have the music track with it too !
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 06, 2012, 03:20 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I love the smell of napalm in the morning !! gotta have the music track with it too !
You know, that is something I have thought about as well. It would be realy easy to do an amplifier with a SD reader that could play music. Be kind of cool to do a routine to music coming from the plane or heli!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:41 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
You know, that is something I have thought about as well. It would be realy easy to do an amplifier with a SD reader that could play music. Be kind of cool to do a routine to music coming from the plane or heli!

Andrew
Beat you to it Andrew ! Had a sound system ( Ipod with speakers ) and we played Music from the Air ! Was fun
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:53 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
I think I have the install for my V7 P-51 figured out. There is a ton of room in the bottom half of the nose and being that I had to add 3oz's of weight to get the CG correct adding the sound unit and removing the weight should work nicely. It also will be away from that jungle of servo wires.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 06, 2012, 04:56 PM
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
352 Posts
Looking forward to getting my ultra sound system this week. I will be installing it on aa 80 inch wingspan, 1/4 scale SE-5. I was hoping WW1 engine sounds were available, but I will find what sounds best for this plane. I am not concerned with moving the system from plane to plane, this will be more or less a permanant installation. Do the instructions give recommendations as to the best places to install the speakers? I use the plane to take inflight video flying with another WW1 1/4 scale DR-1. I have made a couple videos of the flights but the sound of the wind, or a music background have been the only option. With the installation of this system, I should have some awesome sounds to go with the video. Here is a sample of the videos, I will post a flight video with sound when I get the system in and get into another "dogfight". Heres a sample of what we have done without the sound system, will be even more realistic with the proper sounds! Thanks for making this great product available for us!
Denny

TBRCF DAWN PATROL VISITS Golden Eagles Squadron Electric Meet short version (5 min 9 sec)

Can AM Dogfight v2 no music (8 min 21 sec)
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Old Nov 06, 2012, 05:14 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
Looking forward to getting my ultra sound system this week. I will be installing it on aa 80 inch wingspan, 1/4 scale SE-5. I was hoping WW1 engine sounds were available, but I will find what sounds best for this plane. I am not concerned with moving the system from plane to plane, this will be more or less a permanant installation. Do the instructions give recommendations as to the best places to install the speakers? I use the plane to take inflight video flying with another WW1 1/4 scale DR-1. I have made a couple videos of the flights but the sound of the wind, or a music background have been the only option. With the installation of this system, I should have some awesome sounds to go with the video. Here is a sample of the videos, I will post a flight video with sound when I get the system in and get into another "dogfight". Heres a sample of what we have done without the sound system, will be even more realistic with the proper sounds! Thanks for making this great product available for us!
Denny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7B8a...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMaO...3&feature=plcp
Hey Denny. Looking forward to seeing your videos. There are so many brands and types of planes out there, each one is unique, you justa have to play with the instalation to see what works best on that plane.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:15 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Wish I had 4 hours to spend!
Envy U, but am glad that someone can enjoy the art of flying!
We have DAMP and rain, dont see the sun at all, so I' ll make dome dkis for the Cub
Good luck with the sound!
L
Hi Lasse,

Thanks for your post. I am actually looking forward to the change to winter to have more time for building. I have been a flying fool all summer and fall. Getting in stick time whenever possible. I have my own business, so I need to keep focused on building that, however the flying is a great counterpoint for me.

I actually have been flying my Bucker Jungmann a great deal lately. I love the look and sound of the plane. I am using the Wright Cyclone engine sound which seems to fit very nicely.

This evening I was out flying my Yak 54 and GL Speedy hotliner. I love the aerobatics with the Yak and the hotliner is a blast to zip around the sky with. Has phenomenal power and speed.

Lately, I have been working on my P-51 and P-47 in the evenings. I hope to have both back to flying status soon. The 1450 mm wingspan P-51 is the same one on Andrew's website; it has a single speaker sound module. The 1600mm P-47 has the four-speaker Ultra system. Both are fun to fly and have huge power systems that I retrofitted in. The P-47 is constrained to 1250 watts and 80 amps. Don't know yet what the P-51 will be, but I expect something in the 1000-1200 watt range. I am really enjoying flying the big, powerful electric warbirds!

All the best from Parker, Colorado

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:20 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
816 Posts
WWI Dogfight

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenacious101010 View Post
Denny

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7B8a...1&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMaO...3&feature=plcp

Great job on the videos Denny! Would love to see your video when you get a sound system with machine guns installed. I fly the Bucker Jungmann that you can see in the video on Andrew's website. Love the engine sound and the rat-a-tat of the machine guns on low passes. The Bucker is made by BP Hobbies and has a 55 inch wingspan and built-up covered balsa/ply frame. Just a really sweet biplane. I love scale takeoffs and landings with this bird. She settles down into a landing just as sweetly as you can imagine. I slowly pull back on throttle on the approach, get her right above the tarmac, and gently pull through a long flare to touchdown. I will make a video soon to share this with you and others that may be interested.

Best regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:00 PM
Nampa, ID
Joined Oct 2009
668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
I can't wait to get this smoke system for my 80" Piper Pawnee cropduster. I am going to hook it up to a splitter to tubes that will take it out under the wings coming out of two nozzles with one in the middle and the last at the wing tip similar to a full size duster. This will be an amazing effect as I come down to the dirt on approach and turn on the smoke. I will do this at the field before anyone even knows I have one in it....OH, I will have an ultra in it. This bird can carry a 6 pack ...Dave.....ZZ
I have the same plane. Smoke would be awesome!
nippaero is offline Find More Posts by nippaero
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:57 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippaero View Post
I have the same plane. Smoke would be awesome!
Sorry off topic ! Did I miss something ??

I have been looking for a good smoke systrem for electrics for ages. None ever come close to generating the same smoke as a gas engine system.

Anyone have a link??
J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:08 PM
Nampa, ID
Joined Oct 2009
668 Posts
It was a ways back just after Andrew posted a video of the smoke system. The guy had a H9 Pawnee. I just came across this thread today.

Post 283 on Page 19. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=283

Andrew,
What is the status of the smoke system?
nippaero is offline Find More Posts by nippaero
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nippaero View Post
It was a ways back just after Andrew posted a video of the smoke system. The guy had a H9 Pawnee. I just came across this thread today.

Post 283 on Page 19. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=283

Andrew,
What is the status of the smoke system?
Still working on it. I am on prototype number 3. I am not going to give a date for release on it, I want to be 100% sure it is ready to go. Right now I am only about 80% confident in it.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread