HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 26, 2012, 08:23 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Thanks Andrew. It is a shame if it can't be used. I will have to ask around other users.
If you wanted to give one a try, and if it did not work out, I would be happy to give you a full refund.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 11:40 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
More videos.

As promised, here are a couple of videos.

The first one is of the Twin Engine set up on the Dynam C-47. This plane is a little too small to cary two of the 2" speakers, so instead it is using four 1.22" speakers. The motors on this plane are extreemly loud, but the 4 speakers should put out enough to be heard.

The second video is of the Dynam Spifire 1200mm with the Budget A. This is after I modified the enclosuer to be the same as the ones I am building now.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com

MrRCSound Twin Engine Sound (1 min 28 sec)

MrRCsound on Dynam Spitfire (1 min 23 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:46 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
If you wanted to give one a try, and if it did not work out, I would be happy to give you a full refund.

Andrew
Appreciate your offer Andrew. Thank you. I will let you know.
Doug
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Oct 27, 2012, 01:08 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,973 Posts
Hey Andrew are the units back in stock yet ?

The website says all ae out of stock. I'm after an "A" Pro unit with shipping to Australia.
I want the Alison sound for a 1700mm P-40. Will the single speake be sufficient?.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:17 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Hey Andrew are the units back in stock yet ?

The website says all ae out of stock. I'm after an "A" Pro unit with shipping to Australia.
I want the Alison sound for a 1700mm P-40. Will the single speake be sufficient?.
I should be back up to full stock by Friday. Should be. Had some problems with suppliers. I would go with at least a pair of extra 1.22" speakers for that size plane. If you think it could haul it, the Ultra would be better.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:53 AM
redcar cleveland uk
Joined Nov 2010
287 Posts
Hi any vids of the ultra system? I looking for a system to go in a 30% tiger moth i,am building.Can you change sound files to suit e.g the four cylinder moth engine and how doe,s the volume compare to other brands i have used the msc system but something more plug and play would be prefrable cheers phil.
phily32 is offline Find More Posts by phily32
Old Oct 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
re-packaged mini

so here is what I came up with to re-package my mini to include the speakers and the sound unit into a single attachment to my airplane. I will be using the mini on my "stick" planes, Millennium RC Bipe & slow stick.

first I removed the shrink tube from the sound unit.

I had a piece light ply (3/32 ish) with 4 holes in it. I used this as a base

I mounted the speakers to the ply on the oppisite ends with a single dab of hot glue.

I placed the sound unit between the speakers.

I cut a new piece of shrink tube from my stock, cut out holes for the power wires, Rx connector and volume control where they would be after sliding the shrink tube over the unit.

I then slid the shrink tube over the end over the speaker, working the wires through the holes and over the volume control.

I lined everything up and heated the shring tube, it bowed the ply a little as it shrunk.

I cut out the holes in the shrink tube over the ply to allow for mounting and ventilation

I wrapped each end with a piece of electrical tape to ensure the speakers remain in place

I mounted the unit to my stick fuse with zip ties through these openings

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:30 PM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
I should be back up to full stock by Friday. Should be. Had some problems with suppliers. I would go with at least a pair of extra 1.22" speakers for that size plane. If you think it could haul it, the Ultra would be better.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I'll check and order. J
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDude View Post
so here is what I came up with to re-package my mini to include the speakers and the sound unit into a single attachment to my airplane. I will be using the mini on my "stick" planes, Millennium RC Bipe & slow stick.

first I removed the shrink tube from the sound unit.

I had a piece light ply (3/32 ish) with 4 holes in it. I used this as a base

I mounted the speakers to the ply on the oppisite ends with a single dab of hot glue.

I placed the sound unit between the speakers.

I cut a new piece of shrink tube from my stock, cut out holes for the power wires, Rx connector and volume control where they would be after sliding the shrink tube over the unit.

I then slid the shrink tube over the end over the speaker, working the wires through the holes and over the volume control.

I lined everything up and heated the shring tube, it bowed the ply a little as it shrunk.

I cut out the holes in the shrink tube over the ply to allow for mounting and ventilation

I wrapped each end with a piece of electrical tape to ensure the speakers remain in place

I mounted the unit to my stick fuse with zip ties through these openings

AD
Looks like a great install! It should sound pretty good on that plane.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:35 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Thanks Andrew, I'll check and order. J
Sure thing.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:39 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,173 Posts
I'm gonna tell y'all this (my wife really doesn't care about the details she's just pleased I'm having fun).

Andrew has my Sound unit doing upgrades to fly in a 57" FMS P-51 D Mustang. I've bought two whistles from the UK made for war planes. Have my friend Scott running 'Goldwave' on the 'Banshee scream' to isolate the primary 'high' and 'low' in that sound. He will add tubing to the back of the whistles and cut each off until the two match what he sees on his computer. Then we will drill two holes in the air intake under plane and mount / vent them.

The sound the plane made in a dive was a 'Scream', the Germans and the civilian population were freaked out at the sound of it. The Roles Royce Merlin powered P-51 D was eating up the ME 109's, some of it was the plane and much of it were the American pilots.

Main point; Mrrcsound has addressed the most wanted and needed solutions to the RC plane experience, but he addressed 100.00 foam planes making them every bit the experience as the 3,000.00 4 stroke plane that the 'big dogs' fly.

His work adds the second sense. We have only our imagination to bring to this experience, were on the ground and the plane is in the air. Half of our experience is 'Sight' and the only other is 'sound'. Without sound you have lost half of your assets in achieving you intent.

Sound is not some kind of option, it's an absolute if you want to fly the plane the way you dream of flying it.

Then the "Dancer becomes the dance", you are in the cockpit and you are flying the P-51 D. and that's the only thing this is about. It's a 'transcendent experience' that has you flying the plane from the cockpit, not flying the box in your hands.

Thanks, put sound on everything but your gliders and your 'combat planes'

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:44 AM
Stuka vor!
Germany, BY, Ostheim
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
His work adds the second sense. We have only our imagination to bring to this experience, were on the ground and the plane is in the air. Half of our experience is 'Sight' and the only other is 'sound'. Without sound you have lost half of your assets in achieving you intent.

Sound is not some kind of option, it's an absolute if you want to fly the plane the way you dream of flying it.

Then the "Dancer becomes the dance", you are in the cockpit and you are flying the P-51 D. and that's the only thing this is about. It's a 'transcendent experience' that has you flying the plane from the cockpit, not flying the box in your hands.

DJ
Hi everyone,

100% agree with DJ.

Andrew does a great job in two ways: Once a technics and once at custumer service. Just because he is one of us, knows about rc flying and all our problems but also all the fun that we have with our hobby.
Thats the big difference between Andrew and the "big" distributors: Everything is "hand made" and tested, i love it! Thanks Andrew!

I´m gonna get my module tomorrow from costums here in Germany, cant wait to install it in my stuka!

Klaus
dr.schlot is offline Find More Posts by dr.schlot
Old Oct 28, 2012, 02:59 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,973 Posts
I wonder if a turbine sound would be worth doing. I'd love a system that pumped out more of the mid range and lower tones of a jet to make some of those Edfs more acoustically attractive.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 03:31 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.schlot View Post
Hi everyone,

100% agree with DJ.

Andrew does a great job in two ways: Once a technics and once at custumer service. Just because he is one of us, knows about rc flying and all our problems but also all the fun that we have with our hobby.
Thats the big difference between Andrew and the "big" distributors: Everything is "hand made" and tested, i love it! Thanks Andrew!

I´m gonna get my module tomorrow from costums here in Germany, cant wait to install it in my stuka!

Klaus
Hi Andrew and the rest of you.

One problem we encounter (me at least) is the sound from the BL motors and propellers
Propeller sound is ok and can be adressed with balancing and changing prop
Motor is harder.
A question to Andrew:
Can you put a small mic close to the motor, reverse signal 180° and feed it to the amp?? Would maybe give noise cancelling following RPM to make your units stand out more.
Med vänliga hälsningar
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 28, 2012, 07:37 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,525 Posts
Andrew, will you be having any jet engine sounds in the near future?
Me 262 Benedini Turbine soundset (1 min 29 sec)

I need one for my Freewing SU-35
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
Closed Thread