Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
Andrew wrote:
"Instead of a single hole, it is 4 smaller holes, 2 on each side."

Are you guys talking about the holes in the red enclosure?
Those be the ones. They are ABSOLUTELY required for cooling of the speaker. Without them the speaker will overheat and die. As a bonus it allows the sound from the rear of the speaker to resonate into the cabin of the plane.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:57 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
v8truckin's Avatar
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,542 Posts
Andrew,

Maybe you can do something like this at some point.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4654
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Oct 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Andrew,

Maybe you can do something like this at some point.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=4654
That is a unit from Greg from Real Sound. Great guy, I talk to him quite often. The stuff he does is top notch, but he only does custom orders. I have reccomended him to some customers that want the ULTIMATE in realism. I think his stuff is better than the other two brands out there.

I am working on a Jet sound, and in fact it does sound very similar. Nice long start up. I should have a video of it by next week sometime.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:04 PM
Eject! Eject! Eject!
AeroDude's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Sep 2004
1,002 Posts
Andrew,

got my "Mini" on Monday, got a chance to test it today, it's awesome!

so I am now working to design a small container to install the unit and speakers into which can be mounted on my "stick" planes.

I am thinking of making a box out of zepron foam, speakers would be mounted in the sides or bottom, holes cut and the mesh over the openings and light fiberglass over the remaining parts. the box would then be mounted to the stick fuse with a velcro strap.

still in my head, just curious if anyone else has done similar or the same

AD
AeroDude is offline Find More Posts by AeroDude
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:16 AM
Feeling the THRALL
Jackson Stone's Avatar
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
815 Posts
V8Truckin,

Awesome sounding jet turbine unit!

Andrew - looking forward to your video.

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:21 AM
Feeling the THRALL
Jackson Stone's Avatar
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
815 Posts
P-51 Rebuild

Guys,

I am in progress on a rebuild of my FMS 1400mm P-51. This is the star in the movie on Andrew's website. As reported earlier in this thread, I burned out my 800 watt motor when I put in a 5S battery. I have now installed an 1850 watt-capable motor in the plane and am in the process of replacing all the foam hinges with CA hinges, installing new linkage hardware, and replacing the retracts and struts. I am travelling the next several days but hope to have this retrofit done by next week.

One other aspect of the retrofit was to pull out the single speaker sound unit, and reinstall with a steel speaker mesh. It looks and sounds great.

Andrew - was hoping you could point me to some specific instructions and pictures of the modifications to the speaker covers that you refer to in the post above.

Thanks,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:24 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Guys,

I am in progress on a rebuild of my FMS 1400mm P-51. This is the star in the movie on Andrew's website. As reported earlier in this thread, I burned out my 800 watt motor when I put in a 5S battery. I have now installed an 1850 watt-capable motor in the plane and am in the process of replacing all the foam hinges with CA hinges, installing new linkage hardware, and replacing the retracts and struts. I am travelling the next several days but hope to have this retrofit done by next week.

One other aspect of the retrofit was to pull out the single speaker sound unit, and reinstall with a steel speaker mesh. It looks and sounds great.

Andrew - was hoping you could point me to some specific instructions and pictures of the modifications to the speaker covers that you refer to in the post above.

Thanks,

Jackson
Jackson,
I think that yours is new enought that it already has them. The speaker sould be sealed in the front with clear silicone, and there should be 4 holes in the red enclosure. Two in the front (if it is a Pro it may be covered by the gun card), and two in the back near where the speaker wires exit. I just had not done the mods to my personal unit. LOL

Just make sure there is no gaps around the speaker when it is installed in the plane. This will introduce some sound canceling.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDude View Post
Andrew,

got my "Mini" on Monday, got a chance to test it today, it's awesome!

so I am now working to design a small container to install the unit and speakers into which can be mounted on my "stick" planes.

I am thinking of making a box out of zepron foam, speakers would be mounted in the sides or bottom, holes cut and the mesh over the openings and light fiberglass over the remaining parts. the box would then be mounted to the stick fuse with a velcro strap.

still in my head, just curious if anyone else has done similar or the same

AD
Fantastic! I am not sure how you would do that, but keep us informed on what you come up with.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:14 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,450 Posts
So from what I have read, this sound system will only work with 2.4 GHz systems?
That is sad because I have no intention of giving up my 36 MHz gear. It still works perfectly.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:19 AM
Registered User
lassehellsten's Avatar
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAND X View Post
Well Andrew...Looks like I finally get to maiden the sound system this weekend.
Hope I get some video!

Thanks for all your help and prompt customer service.

Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Jackson,
I think that yours is new enought that it already has them. The speaker sould be sealed in the front with clear silicone, and there should be 4 holes in the red enclosure. Two in the front (if it is a Pro it may be covered by the gun card), and two in the back near where the speaker wires exit. I just had not done the mods to my personal unit. LOL

Just make sure there is no gaps around the speaker when it is installed in the plane. This will introduce some sound canceling.

Andrew
Hi Andrew!
Could you post some pics of the mods do those of us who wants the best sound avaiable, can mod our units ourself.
Med vänlig hälsning Lasse
lassehellsten is online now Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:21 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
So from what I have read, this sound system will only work with 2.4 GHz systems?
That is sad because I have no intention of giving up my 36 MHz gear. It still works perfectly.
The reason I say it is for 2.4Ghz only is because possible RF interferance. On 72Mhz I have seen the system cause servo glitching. That being said, I do have a couple of customers that are using it on 72MHz without problems. The Ferrite Choke should eliminate most of it. I would imagine it would be the same on 36Mhz, but I have not tested it. It may work just fine, but it is something to be aware of before your first flight.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi Andrew!
Could you post some pics of the mods do those of us who wants the best sound avaiable, can mod our units ourself.
Med vänlig hälsning Lasse
Yes, I can do that. Were your speakers sealed, or did you get them before I started doing that mod?

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:28 AM
Registered User
lassehellsten's Avatar
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
541 Posts
Usealed
lassehellsten is online now Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:29 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2012
1,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Usealed
OK then. Really easy. It should improve the sound for you. I will get some pictures.
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:39 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Grantham Kid's Avatar
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
The reason I say it is for 2.4Ghz only is because possible RF interferance. On 72Mhz I have seen the system cause servo glitching. That being said, I do have a couple of customers that are using it on 72MHz without problems. The Ferrite Choke should eliminate most of it. I would imagine it would be the same on 36Mhz, but I have not tested it. It may work just fine, but it is something to be aware of before your first flight.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew. It is a shame if it can't be used. I will have to ask around other users.
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Eflite UMX Mig 15 DF Owners Thread NitroCharged Micro EDF Jets and Power Systems 5481 Jul 30, 2014 07:31 PM
New Product JR XG11 Owner's Thread ElIntocable Radios 465 Jul 15, 2014 08:30 AM
Discussion Version 2.5 MrRCSound sound system. MrRCFlying Electric Plane Talk 1 Jan 07, 2014 05:41 AM
Discussion The Official Teen Chit Chat Thread (Always Off Topic) Alex Schauer Chit Chat 31697 Aug 27, 2013 07:56 PM
Sold Mrrcsound electric sound system with gun card. This is the pro version aquaanox Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 3 Jul 05, 2012 10:11 AM