HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 23, 2012, 08:40 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Super Micro Sound Unit

Hey guys!

I have been tinkering again. I have a working prototype of what I call a Super Micro Sound Unit. This is much smaller than the Mini unit. The sound output is fairly good, although I have not tested the DB output yet. Let me tell you, this thing is SMALL. It weighs under one ounce. 0.9oz. to be exact, including the speaker. I was thinking this may work for indoor fliers. Small planes with a low KV motor, so they are quiet.

What do you think? Think there would be a market for it?

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:31 PM
Jeremy-I'm crash proof!
USA, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Mar 2008
4,306 Posts
Impressive Andrew. I'm looking forward to picking up a sound unit soon.
neck is online now Find More Posts by neck
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:00 PM
Stuka vor!
Germany, BY, Ostheim
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post

What do you think? Think there would be a market for it?
Hi Andrew,

no doubt about it! Perfect for Indoor or Parkflyer.
Great Idea!

Klaus
dr.schlot is offline Find More Posts by dr.schlot
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:50 PM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Andrew, I traded my 'B' unit to my flight instructor for his 'A-Pro' unit. He has a F4U and I have a P-51D this gave us both the sound card we each need.

Can you help me with this. My pro unit has a extra black thing on it thats not on the 'B' unit. Is that the gun sound unit? If so how do I make it work and I have a DX6i can you tell me how to turn it on and off or how I make them fire?

Thank you sir,
DJ

Name: PA234202.JPG
Views: 41
Size: 91.0 KB
Description: Name: PA234203.JPG
Views: 40
Size: 96.6 KB
Description:
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Andrew, I traded my 'B' unit to my flight instructor for his 'A-Pro' unit. He has a F4U and I have a P-51D this gave us both the sound card we each need.

Can you help me with this. My pro unit has a extra black thing on it thats not on the 'B' unit. Is that the gun sound unit? If so how do I make it work and I have a DX6i can you tell me how to turn it on and off or how I make them fire?

Thank you sir,
DJ

Attachment 5252842 Attachment 5252843
I don't believe that is a Pro unit. It looks to be a Version 2.5 Budget unit. If it were a Pro there would be a second card the same size as the engine card, or on a few they were combined. If it were one of those it would have had the servo connection on the front, and one on the top.

The other module you are refering to is the difference between the V2 and the V2.5. It is the voltage regulator. This allows the use of up to an 8S lipo pack.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:16 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
Hi guys!
Maidened the PZ Albatros today!
She a nice bird in the skies. Some background data on 2 of the pilots that flew together, the story is true, but propably Godwin Brumowski never flew the Albatros DVa . The sound unit makes it abit more scale
Albatros DVa (6 min 6 sec)
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:29 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
Hi guys!
Maidened the PZ Albatros today!
She a nice bird in the skies. Some background data on 2 of the pilots that flew together, the story is true, but propably Godwin Brumowski never flew the Albatros DVa . The sound unit makes it abit more scale.
Another amazing video! That mini system with the gun sound turned out louder than I thought it would! I love the gun sounds as you fly by. I wonder if there is any way to dampen the whine frome the motor. Other than that, Fantastic!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 10:58 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
Awaiting larger prop and wattmeter, propbalancer to try to reduce prop noice.
Will try to get more power from the motor with larger prop to take down rpm.
So far I' m more than satisfied
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:03 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Here are some pictures of my two latest setups. I put the twin sound system in the C-47. I used two 1.22" speakers on each one, so it is a lot lighter than the Budget system. There was really only room for one Budget, that is why I went with the Mini. The motors on this plane are VERY loud, but I think that the 4 speakers is enough to overcome it.

The other pictures are of the Dynam Spitfire. At 1200mm this is the smalest plane I have put a Budget sound system in. The system in the picture is the one I swap between 5 different planes now. It has well over 10 hours of run time, and has been through several crashes, and still works like new. Look at the volume knob, it got bent on the last crash, but it still works fine. This is a version 2, so I do not have the voltage regulator on it. Notice how nicely it fits in with some carful cutting. I put it as close to the outside as I could, but still have a lip there for it to sit on. This way it is still easily removed.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, WI, Delavan
Joined Aug 2012
148 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I am installing a budget model in my P-47 and have 2 of your 1.22 speakersI want to use in the rear vents. Should I wire them in series to the main module or parallel?
jseese is offline Find More Posts by jseese
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:13 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
I don't believe that is a Pro unit. It looks to be a Version 2.5 Budget unit. If it were a Pro there would be a second card the same size as the engine card, or on a few they were combined. If it were one of those it would have had the servo connection on the front, and one on the top.

The other module you are referring to is the difference between the V2 and the V2.5. It is the voltage regulator. This allows the use of up to an 8S lipo pack.

Andrew
Andrew, I now see I've traded for another 'B' version and not the 'Pro' version is there any way I can get the stuff to convert it to a version that has the Merlin sound for my P-51?

I can't make myself fly with the BMW sound out of respect to those who flew the P-51. I think the BMW was in the ME 109.

Andrew, I'm expecting to pay for anything that you can do.

Thank you Sir,
DJ
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jseese View Post
Hi Andrew,

I am installing a budget model in my P-47 and have 2 of your 1.22 speakersI want to use in the rear vents. Should I wire them in series to the main module or parallel?
Series only. If you try to run them in parallel it is too much on the amp, and you will get sound cutting in and out.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:24 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Andrew, I now see I've traded for another 'B' version and not the 'Pro' version is there any way I can get the stuff to convert it to a version that has the Merlin sound for my P-51?

I can't make myself fly with the BMW sound out of respect to those who flew the P-51. I think the BMW was in the ME 109.

Andrew, I'm expecting to pay for anything that you can do.

Thank you Sir,
DJ
That would sound interesting to say the least. The Merlin is on the A module. Cuerrently I am out of all cards, some supplier issues. I hope to have them in by the end of next week. If you want to ship it to me, I can replace the B card with an A for you.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 24, 2012, 11:40 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
Joined Mar 2012
1,174 Posts
Quote:
That would sound interesting to say the least. The Merlin is on the A module. Cuerrently I am out of all cards, some supplier issues. I hope to have them in by the end of next week. If you want to ship it to me, I can replace the B card with an A for you.

Andrew
If only other suppliers were like you. Your a prince Andrew.
If you will can you add the gun sound to it also and if you have those gun lites for the 6 guns that I can buy?

As soon as you know the cost of these upgrades please PM me with a bill. What address shall I mail it to?

Thank you soooo much,
DJ
Last edited by Sculptor; Oct 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Mailing address
Old Oct 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
If only other suppliers were like you. Your a prince Andrew.
If you will can you add the gun sound to it also and if you have those gun lites for the 6 guns that I can buy?

As soon as you know the cost of these upgrades please PM me with a bill. What address shall I mail it to?

Thank you soooo much,
DJ
I will PM you with the details.
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread