HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:05 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Everyone, I would like to throw out a big congrats to Jim Slaughter. He flew a Dynam Waco fitted with one of my Budget A sound system at the 2012 Wattfest. The combination of a great plane, great flying, and the sound unit won him the Pilot's Choice Award!

Here is what Jim had to say:

"Hi, I flew my Dynam Waco bipe in a two day event this past weekend. I had installed the smaller unit you sent me. It was a HUGE hit of the show. In fact, it won pilot's choice award. The sound was awesome! EASILY heard in spite of 35mph wind gusts."

Congrats to Jim!!!!!
Congrats from Sweden aswell Jim!!!
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:54 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Last Sat a couple of my club members asked if I had turned the volume down, I said no and went on flying. Today I started to wonder if the volume was lower so I checked the volume control and over the past few weeks the control had backed off about 1/2 a turn. It was backing off so slow that to my ears I could not tell so now the control is blocked with a chunk of foam so that can't happen again. Now that its back I can hear the difference, amazing the difference a 1/2 turn makes.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Oct 16, 2012, 06:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
Last Sat a couple of my club members asked if I had turned the volume down, I said no and went on flying. Today I started to wonder if the volume was lower so I checked the volume control and over the past few weeks the control had backed off about 1/2 a turn. It was backing off so slow that to my ears I could not tell so now the control is blocked with a chunk of foam so that can't happen again. Now that its back I can hear the difference, amazing the difference a 1/2 turn makes.
Yes, half a turn will make quite a difference. Was this purely from vibration from the plane, or just bumping it from moving things in the plane?

Andrew
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Quote:
Yes, half a turn will make quite a difference. Was this purely from vibration from the plane, or just bumping it from moving things in the plane?

Andrew
Plane vibration
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:41 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,410 Posts
Quote:
Jackson is correct. Currently there is no way to load your own sounds. This may be a feature available in future versions however.

Andrew
Thanks guys, I am very interested in your system. Any distribs in Australia or do you ship direct? I understand it just runs off a Y lead to throttle and uses the LiPo for power. What is the current draw? Thanks
Doug
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:00 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Thanks guys, I am very interested in your system. Any distribs in Australia or do you ship direct? I understand it just runs off a Y lead to throttle and uses the LiPo for power. What is the current draw? Thanks
Doug
Hi Doug,
Currently I don't have a distributor in Australia, so I have been selling directly. I am very low right now on stock, having some parts delivery problems. I do have a reseller in NZ though, and I believe he has stock. His name is Grant from CThru Digital. Give him a shout at graant@xtra.co.nz, he would be more than happy to help you out I am sure.

Current draw is low, and depends on the model. The Budget and Pro both draw a max of about 15W, and .85A or so. The Ultra draws more around 30W and close to 2A.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:53 AM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Australia, QLD, Grantham
Joined Oct 2012
2,410 Posts
Thanks Andrew, I like the look of the pro, Not in a rush, waiting on my next plane. Cheers, Doug
Grantham Kid is online now Find More Posts by Grantham Kid
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:00 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid View Post
Thanks Andrew, I like the look of the pro, Not in a rush, waiting on my next plane. Cheers, Doug
Sure thing. I have I think 3 or 4 A units in. All out of stock on the B. I am sure Grant has both in stock. Whenever you are ready.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:50 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
815 Posts
Steel Speaker Grills

Hi guys,

I just ordered a couple of "SAMPLE Steel Speaker Grill Primed Gray: CG2PSAMPLE" from SpeakerWorks.com Here is the link: http://www.speakerworks.com/SAMPLE_C...cg2psample.htm

This is described as: "3" x 4" Sample of our perforated 22 gauge steel with 1/16" holes . The samples are primed with gray primer and ready for you to paint. "

Seems like this would be the perfect size to cover up Mr. RC Sound module speaker installations on foam planes. There is enough material in 3 x 4 inches to provide a flange that would match the curve of the fuselage with a couple of tabs that would be bent in to secure the grill in place. My thought is these could be held in place with magnets or tape or both. The nice thing about the steel grills is that they have both sound transparency and structural strength.

I have ordered four samples and plan to retrofit the P-47 (Ultra - 2 grills) and P-51 (Pro - 1 grill) mounts. I am happy with the mount I have for the Bucker Jungman. However, I have a fourth sound module that I plan to install in a Durafly A-1 Skyraider.

I will be travelling for the next several days but will keep you posted when I get back to the workshop and make some of these mods.

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:51 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
815 Posts
Another thought for mounting would be to add some wood inserts and screw the grills into place with self-tapping sheet metal screws.
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 18, 2012, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Multi Engine Sounds!

Hey guys! A question that I have been asked many times is " Do you have a multi engine sounds?". The answer was no, unitl now. A milti engine sound just does not sound right from one speaker. The sounds over ride each other, and it is not pretty. I have long maintained that more than one module would produce decent multi engine sounds, but just have not had the chance to sit down and do some testing. Although the video does not show a finished product, it is a proof of concept. Creating a finished product, similar to the Ultra will be easy.

Have a look at the video and let me know what you think!!!!

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com

MrRCSound Twin Engine Sound Test. (3 min 3 sec)
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:07 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,154 Posts
Andrew, I got a 7 chanel receiver so I could use the extra chanel to make the sound start when the prop starts but I don't know how to set this up on my DX6i, can you help?

DJ
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post
Andrew, I got a 7 chanel receiver so I could use the extra chanel to make the sound start when the prop starts but I don't know how to set this up on my DX6i, can you help?

DJ
I wish I could. I don't have any Spectrum equipment, so I am not familiar with the setup menus and stuff. I think you may be able to mix it with a switch, and set the travel for about 3% or so. That should run the startup, and put it in an idle until the throttle is moved. I can't say for sure though.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:59 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculptor View Post

DJ
Hi
Cannot use chan 7 on RX because TX only has 6 ch

Mix Thr with free channel ( gear 5 or flaps 6)
Always ON (inhibits switch on TX) Sound unit to slavech, no Y
Set subtrim on slave ch ( 5 or 6) until enginsound is about to start.
Throttleup should no give startdound snd then prop starts
Needs some finetuning but works like a charm
Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Oct 18, 2012, 07:50 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Hi guys,

I just ordered a couple of "SAMPLE Steel Speaker Grill Primed Gray: CG2PSAMPLE" from SpeakerWorks.com Here is the link: http://www.speakerworks.com/SAMPLE_C...cg2psample.htm

This is described as: "3" x 4" Sample of our perforated 22 gauge steel with 1/16" holes . The samples are primed with gray primer and ready for you to paint. "

Seems like this would be the perfect size to cover up Mr. RC Sound module speaker installations on foam planes. There is enough material in 3 x 4 inches to provide a flange that would match the curve of the fuselage with a couple of tabs that would be bent in to secure the grill in place. My thought is these could be held in place with magnets or tape or both. The nice thing about the steel grills is that they have both sound transparency and structural strength.

I have ordered four samples and plan to retrofit the P-47 (Ultra - 2 grills) and P-51 (Pro - 1 grill) mounts. I am happy with the mount I have for the Bucker Jungman. However, I have a fourth sound module that I plan to install in a Durafly A-1 Skyraider.

I will be travelling for the next several days but will keep you posted when I get back to the workshop and make some of these mods.

Regards,

Jackson

Ha ! Jackson great minds must think alike as this is what Im using on my Ultra system in my 1400mm Fw-190 - still in the build stage ( actually Im in install stage now ) so should have it finished in a day or so...
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Closed Thread