HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:20 PM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Aug 2010
1,564 Posts
I'm thinking on a new FMS Pits now and the fuse is so big I doubt if I will have to worry about cutting this time...
http://www.bananahobby.com/pitts-spo...0092-prd1.html
urrl is offline Find More Posts by urrl
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 08:19 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
An update on the smoke system for you. I have hit some setbacks, but I am still working on it. I am attempting to make it lighter, and more efficient. I am not going to put a timeline on it, but hopefully I can have the first production units done within a few weeks.

Also, just a reminder, the 10% discount for Budget and Pro sound systems runs out on Monday.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:45 AM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Glad this baby can be moved around! I have a FMS Pitts coming home to daddy tomorrow and yes there is all kinds of room.. Nice plane,HUH??? Dave/ZZ
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:33 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Glad this baby can be moved around! I have a FMS Pitts coming home to daddy tomorrow and yes there is all kinds of room.. Nice plane,HUH??? Dave/ZZ
I think I am going to have to get that Pitts myself. An aweful nice looking plane. Would be great to put the smoke and sound system in, if I could make it fit.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 04, 2012, 10:17 PM
London Ont.
Joined Sep 2006
347 Posts
Thanks Andrew for the refund

Greg
FWCXC is offline Find More Posts by FWCXC
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:19 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
820 Posts
P-47 Build Started

Andrew,

I have started work on the Starmax/Hobby King P-47. Expect good progress over the weekend. Will post photos of the Ultra sound system install solution I have come up with. Thanks to others on this thread who shared their ideas.

The 1600mm wingspan P-47 is massive, has a fantastic quality of finish, and has a good space for mounting the four Ultra speakers ahead of the pilot and behind the cowl. I will have the 2 inchers on the top and bottom, and the 1.22 inchers on the sides. Should provide excellent sound projection in all directions. This is going to be one sweet-sounding plane.

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is offline Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Andrew,

I have started work on the Starmax/Hobby King P-47. Expect good progress over the weekend. Will post photos of the Ultra sound system install solution I have come up with. Thanks to others on this thread who shared their ideas.

The 1600mm wingspan P-47 is massive, has a fantastic quality of finish, and has a good space for mounting the four Ultra speakers ahead of the pilot and behind the cowl. I will have the 2 inchers on the top and bottom, and the 1.22 inchers on the sides. Should provide excellent sound projection in all directions. This is going to be one sweet-sounding plane.

Regards,

Jackson
Fantastic! I can't wait to hear it!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FWCXC View Post
Thanks Andrew for the refund

Greg
You are welcome. The unit is built, tested, and packed to ship. Unfortinately it will not go out till tomorrow.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 03:36 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
Andrew, BUY the FMS PITTS NOW!!!!!!! Nicest bird I have bought yet, yep, beat my Hanger9 P-51 and Pawnee!!! I am goona cut the bottom of the smoked canopy out so I can let my chihuahua have a better view while he flies around in it with a litter of kittens,,, yes inside the vast open fuselage...No more conventionally built planes for me any more, I have seen the light!!!zeezee/dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:29 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeezee View Post
Andrew, BUY the FMS PITTS NOW!!!!!!! Nicest bird I have bought yet, yep, beat my Hanger9 P-51 and Pawnee!!! I am goona cut the bottom of the smoked canopy out so I can let my chihuahua have a better view while he flies around in it with a litter of kittens,,, yes inside the vast open fuselage...No more conventionally built planes for me any more, I have seen the light!!!zeezee/dave
I might just do that. Money is tight, but I do need a new plane to demonstrate the smoke unit.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
FYI for everyone. If you have bought a sound system from me, and have had any sound glitches, such as the sound restarting, shutting down, revving up, etc... let me know and I will send you a free ferrite choke. From this point on every new system that goes out the door will include a ferrite choke to clean up any possible RF that may cause this. Just trying to be preemptive, and prevent any issues.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 06, 2012, 04:11 AM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Project Fw-190 kick off

After 3 weeks away cruising the island in Thailand I could not wait to get back and spend the last few extra holiday days I took getting this build happening. The plane is the 1400 mm FMS Fw190.

Here is a build.... to flight video I made in HD

FW-190 Amazing in flight Gopro HD footage !! (7 min 50 sec)

Having flown it for 10-12 flights I am very impressed with it. I got it purely to add the MrRcSound Ultra sound version. I am yet to see this fitted to a plane.

here is a ground test I made with my 20cc R-3

Gee bee R3 (0 min 46 sec)

Build steps:

Originally, I had hoped to install the entire system ( 4 speakers ) in the drop tank... I got close to making this happen but it just could not fit. If your installing the single speaker Budget or pro kit in this aircraft... go for it it will fit !! Its hollow and demount-able so an ideal place to fit it.

So it was a case of hard mounting it in the cowl area - Now I know Andrew has gone to great length to make this a transportable package and in certain planes this will work. On the larger kits, its going to be a permanent fixture as you will both need to build it into the fuse and this will mean changing hings like the CG / Lipo tray. Location. Not a big deal but worth noting.

Time to Cut:

This is the hardest part... Mainly because, unlike wood and fabric planes you cant see what is in the foam so you are somewhat cutting blind... in my case, it was only to find I had it all worked out only to hit a hidden motor mount... Not fun and can only mean one thing... change of location AFTER removing all that foam....

Continuted later on....
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:05 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Right side install complete but still rough.... Will be filling the back part with 3M expandable foam and then covering the outer with black foam template prior to covering with the included black covering... but now I need to un-wired everything... and un-solder..,
Old Oct 06, 2012, 05:09 AM
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,532 Posts
Andrew... Is the the speaker on the left crushed ?? ( my fault im sure )
Old Oct 06, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Andrew... Is the the speaker on the left crushed ?? ( my fault im sure )
Yes it is. That may be a problem. If it is not too bad, see if you can get some tape or something to stick to it and pop it back out. A small den't usually will not hurt anything, but crushing like that may.

Let me know if you need a ferrite choke, I can send you one.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread