Closed Thread
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi View Post
Hi Andrew.

Just a small thought.
The text on the top half of each of your web pages is very hard to read.
(Lack of contrast between the font colur & background)

Keep up the good work. Super product!
Thanks!! I will change that. I need to edit the pages anyway to update stuff.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:52 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
Andrew
There is another market for that smoke system. The Garden Railroad guys are always looking for good smoke system and this one puts out more smoke than any on the market right now. You should post it to one of the Garden Railroad forums. Model Ship and Model Tank guys would be interested as well.
Great idea!!! I may do that.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingW View Post
Andrew,

That's a very interesting smoke maker. It's not smoke from burning oil is it (I remember reading something about vaporizing something)? You wouldn't be blowing it into your house if it were I think...

Can't wait to see how visible it is in the air. Cool.

Take care,

Paul
It is a water/glycerin based warmer. The smell is not too bad at all, and you may be able to scent it even. It disipates quite quickly.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
OMG!!! That is so awesome. That would be so cool to have in my FMS Pitts. Puttin' on a smoke show like the big boys do. Awe man, now I have a new want. Plus side is my Pitts can use some nose weight and I can run it out of the exhaust ports on the plane. How would you split that to run out of 2 exhaust ports? Man that would be so cool. Great work as usual Andrew and if you need a guinea pig let me know.

Orion
Two ports should be no problem. It is still a work in progress. I will let you know if I need any testing done.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:40 PM
killickb
The Villages. Florida
Joined Jan 2005
1,384 Posts
Thanks for prompt reply Andrew -- think I have the installation in my Hurricane figured out, can even get rid of 4 oz of nose weight so net increase is only 4-5 oz!

What would you suggest as minimum size remote 3 cell LiPo for this module rather than tap into flight pack?

Can't make that installation link that you sent work but did see the one for the Saratoga.
killickb is offline Find More Posts by killickb
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:23 PM
I'm Addicted Already
Charlotte, NC
Joined Feb 2011
1,933 Posts
MrRC, the install video link is dead.
NCRealEstateGuy is offline Find More Posts by NCRealEstateGuy
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRealEstateGuy View Post
MrRC, the install video link is dead.
Oops, sorry. I fixed it.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Thanks for prompt reply Andrew -- think I have the installation in my Hurricane figured out, can even get rid of 4 oz of nose weight so net increase is only 4-5 oz!

What would you suggest as minimum size remote 3 cell LiPo for this module rather than tap into flight pack?

Can't make that installation link that you sent work but did see the one for the Saratoga.
3S to 4S are both good. I would say go for the tap into the 4S. there is a little increase in volume from 3S to 4S, but not above as the system is voltage regulated. You will notice basically no flight time difference.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:38 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
OMG!!! That is so awesome. That would be so cool to have in my FMS Pitts. Puttin' on a smoke show like the big boys do. Awe man, now I have a new want. Plus side is my Pitts can use some nose weight and I can run it out of the exhaust ports on the plane. How would you split that to run out of 2 exhaust ports? Man that would be so cool. Great work as usual Andrew and if you need a guinea pig let me know.

Orion
Ditto what OP said! I have an Sbach that this would be great in.

Keep the experimenting up Edison!
Aerobatman is offline Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:52 PM
Team Park Pilot - Airborne
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Nov 2006
4,478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Hey guys,
I know this had been mentioned at least once. Here is a video of the smoke system I am working on. Let me know your thoughts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni0IEgenNvs

Andrew
Andrew, another great solution for us electric Pilots. I have been experimenting with smoke for years. The thing that SHOCKED me first was how alot of thick smoke I could create on the ground ... dispensed so much in the air ! Im keen to see this in action but I think its going to need more... no reason you could not put two in series however !
OzparkPilot is offline Find More Posts by OzparkPilot
Last edited by OzparkPilot; Sep 14, 2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:54 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Forced View Post
Andrew, another great solution for us electric Pilots. I have been experimenting with smoke for years. The think that SHOCKED me first was how alot of thick smoke I could create on the ground ... dispensed so much in the air ! Im keen to see this in action but I think its going to need more... no reason you could not put two in series however !
That is my fear as well. The problem is it may be one of those exponential things. More smoke, more weight, more power draw, the more power needed, the more weight added, till it is too heavy to haul. I will keep working on it though.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:58 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Guys,
Thank you for all your input, sugestions, and comments! I appreciate them. In return, I would like to offer a 10% coupon to anyone that could use it. Feel free to pass them along to friends, co-fliers, etc.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:53 PM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
547 Posts
ParkzoneAlbatros ready
4 LEDs 5300 mcd pointing forward and a bit to the sides.
Mini B Mercedes Benz sound. 3 Mini speakers 2 in the wing pointing down 1 behind servos pointing backwards towars ventholes in the back

Mr Rc Sound Mini B Mercedes Benz sound and guncard (1 min 24 sec)

Thanks Andrew! Again better than good, still only 115 gr extra!
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:26 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
741 Posts
Thats just amazing...well done
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Sep 14, 2012, 06:53 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lassehellsten View Post
ParkzoneAlbatros ready
4 LEDs 5300 mcd pointing forward and a bit to the sides.
Mini B Mercedes Benz sound. 3 Mini speakers 2 in the wing pointing down 1 behind servos pointing backwards towars ventholes in the back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExAO5uup2kI

Thanks Andrew! Again better than good, still only 115 gr extra!
Wow!!! How big is that plane. It looks SMALL!

I was worried about the gun sounds on the mini. It does draw the overall volume down some, so I was worreid it may not be loud enough even with the 3 mini speakers, but it looks like it does pretty well.

I will have your light kit done and shipped on Monday.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread