HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Barney Boy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 10:19 PM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
632 Posts
Discussion
Aspire sail plane

Well I had this old Aspire glider in the hanger for years, the time has come to get it in the air. I got this plane at a garage sale for 10 bucks, it was in preaty good shape but, I did recover it and changed it to a power glider as it was a slope plane. I cut the nose off and gutted the inside to start. then I added a fire wall and a blue wonder motor with a 25 amp esc running a 1500 3 cell as well as a 8x4 folding prop. I put the micro servos in the rear and redid the pushrods.
Took it out today for her maiden and what a wild ride it was. It took all the skill I had to get her down and home safe. first off I had the rudder on the rudder channel on the radio, I had to change it to the aliron channel it worked much better. the trim had to be reset on the elevader because it wanted to pull up the whole time, with the trim all the way up, so I reset it and it is fine now. Also I had to make a canopy for it, I used a Dr. Pepper bottle to do the job. All I can say is what a great flying bird, If I would have known that before, I would have done it much sooner. I can't wait to go gliding at the field with the guys.
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 Electric Goose
to remove ads between posts