HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:19 PM
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Discussion
Dynam 6 channel USB R/C simulator and software

Hi everybody;

UPS just dropped off my Dynam 6 ch USB flight simulator this evening.
So I read or tried to read the instructions to get and install the software.
I found the FMS installation software download on the Dynam web site and down loaded it but when I went to open it Windows said it couldn't open the file so I down loaded WinZip trial version and opened the zip package.
Then I clicked on (fmsbets70) as instructed and followed the instructions.
I tried to calibrate the controls but it doesn't seem to want to work like the instructions say and the flight controls don't work so I'll have to work through that yet.
flightsimmer is offline Find More Posts by flightsimmer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
OK, the reason the Dynam (joystick/controler) didn't want to work right was because I already have another (joystick/controler) installed and they are conflicting so I'll have to turn off or unplug my CH Products joysticks and try it again tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:56 AM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,565 Posts
You'll probably find that just setting the Dynam as the preferred game controller will be enough.

Oh and you really should get the latest FMS 8.5. It's a lot better than that Beta 7.0 version.

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
You'll probably find that just setting the Dynam as the preferred game controller will be enough.

Oh and you really should get the latest FMS 8.5. It's a lot better than that Beta 7.0 version.

Steve
Hi Steve;

Well my control panel in Windows. XP only offered to install or remove. It didn't have a preferred option so I just unplugged them.
Then I plugged the R/C controller in and calibrated it in Windows control panel and everything worked fine but when I opened up FMS 7.0 and try to calibrate it there, nothing works at all.

Now the download did include (fmsalpha83) which I take is the newer version you are talking about? It also included an update for 7.0 and an update for 8.3.
So at this point should I delete the 7.0 installation and install the 8.3 version with the 8.3 update? Or try the 7.0 update first?

Oh! That's right you said to get the 8.5 version didn't you?

It is difficult sometimes to read a Chinese interpreter to English but usually I can figure it out eventually. Dan.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:57 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer View Post
Hi Steve;

Well my control panel in Windows. XP only offered to install or remove. It didn't have a preferred option so I just unplugged them.
Then I plugged the R/C controller in and calibrated it in Windows control panel and everything worked fine but when I opened up FMS 7.0 and try to calibrate it there, nothing works at all.

Now the download did include (fmsalpha83) which I take is the newer version you are talking about? It also included an update for 7.0 and an update for 8.3.
So at this point should I delete the 7.0 installation and install the 8.3 version with the 8.3 update? Or try the 7.0 update first?

Oh! That's right you said to get the 8.5 version didn't you?

It is difficult sometimes to read a Chinese interpreter to English but usually I can figure it out eventually. Dan.
OK! I found the preferred option that you were talking about and made it the PPM.

I uninstalled 7.0 and then installed 8.5 but nothing has changed. I still cannot get the controller to work in FMS but it shows it working in the Windows control panel. Go figure.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Now I opened my X-Plane 9 simulator and assigned and calibrated the Dynam PPM controller to it and it works just great.
So I have no idea why it won't work in FMS.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 03:46 PM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
OK, I got tired of fooling around with FMS so I downloaded the free demo of Clearveiw and Clearveiw (1) and it works. No problems and it will do for now.

Don't know what to say about FMS, I went to their forum and registered but it would never send me the conformation email so I just gave up on them.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:08 PM
United States, IL, Western Springs
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Try BMI flight simulator with Dynam 6 channel USB

I'm in similar situation since my Dynam 6 channel USB controller arrived yesterday as well. The best software/freeware I've found is the one by RC Desk Pilot, better yet the closely affiliated one called BMI flight simulator:

http://www.bmi-models.com/#en/BMI_Free_Simulator/6/4445

Just installed it, calibrated my Dynam, assigned the proper channels to the appropriate operations (throttle, aileron, rudder & elevator) and I'm up and running.

By the way, there is a huge number of user-built models which you can download and use also for free.

Good luck!
lidotajs is offline Find More Posts by lidotajs
Old Sep 05, 2012, 11:15 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
User created aircraft add-ons for RCDP and BMI sims

Here is the link which includes subsequent links for the aircraft file downloads as well as instructions on how to install them:

http://rcdeskpilot.com/addon-aircraft

They work in both RC Desk Pilot as well as BMI flight simulators. On my PC (running Windows XP) the BMI runs best. Just load the aircraft files into the appropriate subfolder under the BMI program folder.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 12:14 PM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lidotajs View Post
Here is the link which includes subsequent links for the aircraft file downloads as well as instructions on how to install them:

http://rcdeskpilot.com/addon-aircraft

They work in both RC Desk Pilot as well as BMI flight simulators. On my PC (running Windows XP) the BMI runs best. Just load the aircraft files into the appropriate subfolder under the BMI program folder.
Thanks Lidotajs;

I have now down loaded RC Desk Pilot and the BMI flight sim along with the PDF manuals and aircraft models and links and will give them all a try later and maybe even give a report on my experiance with all of them in the near future.
I'll look around and see if I can find any more free sims to try out also.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
55 Posts
My first impressions;

Free: I downloaded the BMI flightsim, it said it needed DirectX 9 so it installed it then I opened the program and attempted to set the controls but was never able to get a responce so I just gave up on it.

Free: Then I downloaded RC Desk Pilot and it installed just fine (looks just like BMI) so I adjusted the controls and started the Sim.
I flew the Cessna (electric I beleive) and tried to fly it. The problem being that trim settings were a chore and I had to hold up elevator just to keep it flying, wore me out. Scenery was OK but not real looking so I moved on.

Free: Next was Clearveiw and ??? Clearveiw 1. I couldn't use Clearveiw but Clearveiw 1 did work without problems and was fun to fly and it had very nice realistic scenery. I will go back to this one later and maybe buy the full version.

Free Demo version, full version about $50-$70:
I also tried X-Plane 9 which I already had to stay current with my Pilots licence, (single engine land) and it's cheaper than buying 100 octane low lead fuel. I never understood why they call it low-lead because it has a higher content of lead than auto gas used to have.
Anyway. I fired up X-Plane 9 and set my Dynam 6 channel controller in settings and picked one of the R/C aircraft that is already provided (you can build your own in Plane Maker, also provided) then placed my veiw next to the runway and took off.
It flew just like a normal model would and was easy and fun. It has artificial scenery but it's pretty good plus deer, birds and hot air balloons (which you can turn off), real weather or however you want to set it and a world full of real airports. I would suggest getting X-Plane 9 unless you have a new computer with mul-ti core processer then you can try X-Plane 10, see the Demo at
http://www.x-plane.com/desktop/landing/
More later, maybe. Dan.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:05 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
hey guys, im looking at getting a cheap flight simulator for planes and helis, i know its not real flight 6, but does this simulator at least behave somewhat like a real helicopter or plane? im not asking for a perfect recreation, i really just want it to practice some basic orientation with upside down flight with my helicopter which is a little tricky to learn on the fly without crashing lol... i have windows xp on my pc and no other programs like this installed, should i have any issues at least getting a working program to go?
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:37 PM
Joined May 2012
3 Posts
Any luck in trying the suggested free simulators? I'm still practicing on BMI Simulator as well as the freeware CRRC simulator. Both are working fine and (for the price) are pretty good.