SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2001, 09:41 PM
Motors beat engines!
Milwaukee Wisconsin, United States
Joined Feb 2001
4,564 Posts
how to bypass LVC or use rx batt with esc

Wondering if theres a way to do either of these things easily.

Would love to bypass completely or reset voltage cutout to a lower voltage number on my kontronic 4001, or if thats not possible, to use a seperate rx batt. I'm not sure how to do that. All my planes always just plugged the esc connector into channel 3.

Any ideas anybody?
DeaninMilwaukee is offline Find More Posts by DeaninMilwaukee
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2001, 10:52 PM
Folsom,Ca,USA
Joined Apr 2001
992 Posts
Hi Dean,

I don't like BEC's and only use them in small stuff where there is no choice. I've read a number of posts where planes are lost because the BEC burned up. Separate battery removes that fear completely.

To use a separate battery for the reciever and servos, simply remove the red (pos) lead from the plug from the esc to the throttle channel and tape it back. This leaves the signal and ground connections required to work the esc.

The rc system now needs a separate pack / switch just like a glo powered model.

As far as the cutoff voltage, I'm clueless.
But, on mine without the BEC or cutoff, when the battery dumps its all over. There is no more warning than when the esc kicks off. One second you are flying and 4 sec later its dead stick.

FYI
Dave
DaveW is offline Find More Posts by DaveW
Old Mar 20, 2002, 08:46 AM
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sde Dov, Israel
Joined Apr 1999
1,877 Posts
I'm reviving this thread...

I also want to use a seperate Rx battery pack with a kontronik "sun 4001" esc. I sent an e-mail to kontronik asking how to do it, their service is always excellent and here is the response I got :
"Put a seperate battery pack into the receiver and don't disconnect anything".

that's what I intend to do (I won't be cutting any wires...).

Dean, what did you end up doing ?
oded mazor is offline Find More Posts by oded mazor