HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 06:18 PM
Joined Feb 2003
3,759 Posts
Is the V1 no longer going to be produced?
Xnaron is offline Find More Posts by Xnaron
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnaron View Post
Is the V1 no longer going to be produced?
As far as I know there are no plans to stop production
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 29, 2012, 06:30 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,524 Posts
Gents,
As a reminder the NitroPlanes $58 Walkera V1 Ladybird with DEVO 2402d Tx ends Sep 30. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...1&postcount=49

I got mine yesterday. I can confirm it is a V1 and it does indeed fly marvelously. The DEVO 2402d Tx is a nice feeling full size. The sticks feel precise. Excellent control and very stable flyer!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:31 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,816 Posts
I just bought one. I hope this thing provides a little 7 MONTH Winter diversion.
I'm sure more than a few of us have at least ONE 2402 transmitter sitting around. It would have been nice to just reprogram one we already have.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Sep 30, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Which TX should be better for a v1 LB : Devo7 or Devo7E ?
I'm thinking about getting a spare v1 pcb and a Devo TX. (I already have LB motors for my v939/v929 hybrids)

The $58 offer isn't a deal for me as I live in Europe and shipping is $50.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:12 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Which TX should be better for a v1 LB : Devo7 or Devo7E ?
I'm thinking about getting a spare v1 pcb and a Devo TX. (I already have LB motors for my v939/v929 hybrids)

The $58 offer isn't a deal for me as I live in Europe and shipping is $50.
If the price increase of the Devo7E isn't a problem, I would get it over the Devo7.
It's supposed to be easier to program the 7E, maybe nicer ergonomics... but I think the main "upgrade" is that the 7E has Telemetry!
When you activate telemetry in the TX's menu, the V.1 Ladybird can send voltage info to the TX! As far as I know.... the classic Devo7 has no telemetry... so more a dead-end product or EOL unit.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:45 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
My opinion is that the Devo 10 may be a better choice instead of the 7. It is extremely easy to program and has quite a lot of functions including telemetry. The 7E is nice too, but too small for many
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
My opinion is that the Devo 10 may be a better choice instead of the 7. It is extremely easy to program and has quite a lot of functions including telemetry. The 7E is nice too, but too small for many
But... Devo 7 costs only US$59.90 at bangoods.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 01, 2012, 06:41 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
But... Devo 7 costs only US$59.90 at bangoods.
Walkera is phasing it out I believe and that is why they are selling them for cheap. Good news for the customer but be warned! It is very hard to program :P
Other than that, it functions just fine.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:10 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,218 Posts
I know bashing again of Devo 7. Fine who cares who likes it. I bought a combo from Heli-Direct of Walkrea Scorpion Y-6. Combo came with Devo 7. Bought a bnf V1 Ladybird and bound easy to Devo 7. Point velvet smooth flying and Devo 7 works great. I also bought Nitro/models combo of Walkrea V1 Ladybird with 2402D Devo 4 ch. All are great flyers. The 2402D is nice and work well but not as smooth as Devo 7. My V929's have stock TX and they work ok, but nothing like the V1/ Y-6. I add my U816 to this post as TX for it is a little unstable but works. I hear Devo7e does not have bearing on stick like the devo 7. I have no need for more than 7 ch at present and quite happy with this TX. Plus it will fly any up to date Walkrea heli out there. Maybe later a Devo 10 or Devo 8s. I know we all see things in a different light but hey Devo 7 is aok with me.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 02, 2012, 02:57 PM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I know bashing again of Devo 7. Fine who cares who likes it. I bought a combo from Heli-Direct of Walkrea Scorpion Y-6. Combo came with Devo 7. Bought a bnf V1 Ladybird and bound easy to Devo 7. Point velvet smooth flying and Devo 7 works great. I also bought Nitro/models combo of Walkrea V1 Ladybird with 2402D Devo 4 ch. All are great flyers. The 2402D is nice and work well but not as smooth as Devo 7. My V929's have stock TX and they work ok, but nothing like the V1/ Y-6. I add my U816 to this post as TX for it is a little unstable but works. I hear Devo7e does not have bearing on stick like the devo 7. I have no need for more than 7 ch at present and quite happy with this TX. Plus it will fly any up to date Walkrea heli out there. Maybe later a Devo 10 or Devo 8s. I know we all see things in a different light but hey Devo 7 is aok with me.
That (Devo 7 bashing) wasn't my intention at all... and I apologize if that's what it sounded like. I'm just trying to offer my opinion on that radio since I tried to set up a friend's Mini CP on the 7 and it was very difficult to use (for me). All the others in the Devo line (the ones I've had experience with at least) seem to feature more intuitive menus and so that was why I brought it up. Other than that, control wise the 7 feels just as good as the others thanks to the ball bearings like you said.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,816 Posts
The one I ordered is from Nitro Planes and comes with the glorified 2402. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is I paid $15 for S&H and it's going to take a week for it to get here. You know how that is, it's like being a kid again and waiting for the stuff to come from Battle Creek, Michigan (that'll show how old some of you guys are).
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Oct 02, 2012, 11:11 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
7,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
The one I ordered is from Nitro Planes and comes with the glorified 2402. The only thing I'm a little disappointed in is I paid $15 for S&H and it's going to take a week for it to get here. You know how that is, it's like being a kid again and waiting for the stuff to come from Battle Creek, Michigan (that'll show how old some of you guys are).
Well I have that combo and you got a great deal. Mine flew perfect right out of the box. Bang good sell V1 for $92.00 with free shipping and its only bnf. Plain and simple with nothing against clones.they do not fly as good a Ladybird V1. I can not say about V2, but hear it is fine also. I had most productive day today in flying both my Ladybird's and Y-6. Also both my V929's . To ice the cake flew Helios 100 heli and then U816 quad. I have no regreat buying any of them. If you can fly the U816 as is you will have no problems with any current Walkrea/Blade/WL toys etc multi rotor aircraft. The Ladybird is a joy to fly, and Y-6 is just flat out fun !!! With six motors going sound is awesome.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Oct 03, 2012, 01:06 AM
United States, IL, Brookfield
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Beginner friendly settings?
I've noticed that some people have mentioned that the V2 isn't as beginner friendly as the V1, and from my experience so far, it isn't. Has any one figured out how to dial it back some? I've had some luck with adjusting the gyro sensitivity, but would like a little more. I haven't had much luck hovering it, and flying it indoors I just smack into walls. I nearly lost it in the tree line by the parking lot at my work today during lunch as well.
wussie is offline Find More Posts by wussie
Old Oct 03, 2012, 10:38 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,524 Posts
W,
What Tx are you using?
Have you set the lowest rates on the Tx if avaialbe, i.e., DEVO 4 and higher? You still must be gentle on the sticks, you have to use opposite stick to stop directional movement. That is what takes some learning for Noobs and multicopters that use gyro rate control.
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by wussie View Post
Beginner friendly settings?
I've noticed that some people have mentioned that the V2 isn't as beginner friendly as the V1, and from my experience so far, it isn't. Has any one figured out how to dial it back some? I've had some luck with adjusting the gyro sensitivity, but would like a little more. I haven't had much luck hovering it, and flying it indoors I just smack into walls. I nearly lost it in the tree line by the parking lot at my work today during lunch as well.
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins