9,354 Posts
HobbyKing has V2
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Sep 2002
247 Posts
I just got my V1 today and am amazed at the quality. I only got one battery though, but I got 5 more 300 mAh from another source.

I did have trouble getting it to bind. The instructions are very poor, they say nothing about what the Tx beeping means.

On to binding, when I plug the batt. into the bird, the diode flashes and then goes solid. Then you unplug it and move the stick to full throttle and plug the bird in. I get a rapid flash that quickly turns into a slow flash. The instructions say that a slow flash means failure to receive a signal so you should disconnect the battery and try again. Did that for a few dozen times with nothing happeneing.

Then I got distracted by a phone call at the right moment and when I got back. IT WAS BOUND. Whuuuu???

Took me a while again to find out that the slow flash will do so for a half minute and then,,, BIND. Sweet.

BUT,,, when I disconnect, the bird loses its bind. It doesn't matter if I turn the bird off or the Tx off first, I lose my bind.

Do you need to bind every time you put in fresh batteries?

My other question is about clones. I have two 9X transmitters and have a WL heli on the way. Will the WL clone respond to the 9X?

What other brands, (from bang-good) work with the 9X?
1705493 is offline Find More Posts by 1705493
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:04 PM
Joined Sep 2002
247 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiztidbowler View Post
I just had a look. From what I can see by the board, it's actually a V1 ???

Sorry, my bad, it IS a V2.

AND, it's a V2 that I just got today. Must be the meds.
1705493 is offline Find More Posts by 1705493
Last edited by 1705493; Sep 19, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:10 PM
Joined Apr 2012
15 Posts
I have bought one of these Walkera Ladybirds for my son for his birthday. I'm sure he's going to love it. But I was thinking as a really cool add on it might be nice to get a small FPV camera for it. Can anyone on this forum tell me where I could find and FPV camera on the web and a tx small enough to go on the Ladybird?
kevperkins is offline Find More Posts by kevperkins
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:31 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,878 Posts
Normally with a Walkera heli/quad,
Turn TX on... the beeping is the "time" you have to plug the LiPo into your Ladybird to bind to the TX. If you "miss" the beeping window.... just do-over a little quicker.
With my Devo10 in the "model menu" I believe... is a "fixed ID" setting. Once you properly bind to the LB, you can enable "fixed ID" and even change the values to 1111111 or 2222222 for example, for easier remembering.

With Fixed ID "ON".... it is AWESOME! Just Turn on TX.... no more beeping because it's synced to the fixed ID, and you can power-up the LB "any time" you want.... and it just binds!
I have 2 Ladybirds both bound to the same "fixed ID" in my "the Ladies" vid clip.
I just turn-on the TX, and casually power the Ladybirds... and they both just bind.

Hey James, I like the 5 points for the manual flipping criteria.... It's a serious plus in my book. The skills learned with manual flipping will be priceless whether you advance to a hobby-grade quad or not.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:48 PM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,200 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevperkins View Post
I have bought one of these Walkera Ladybirds for my son for his birthday. I'm sure he's going to love it. But I was thinking as a really cool add on it might be nice to get a small FPV camera for it. Can anyone on this forum tell me where I could find and FPV camera on the web and a tx small enough to go on the Ladybird?
The stuff PicoFly is using here should work. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ht=mini+cp+fpv
Xermalk is online now Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
NYC
Joined Aug 2010
2,272 Posts
How does v2 handle strong wind? Possible to put small USB camera on it?
Torch8 is online now Find More Posts by Torch8
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:40 PM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,354 Posts
HobbyKing Daily - Walkera Lady Bird V2 (3 min 43 sec)
Mikemynameis is offline Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:59 PM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
3D loops in the house

Wlakera QR Ladybird indoor loops (1 min 50 sec)

Even in 3D mode (green led) it feels it uses the accouterments, and it just ignores them over a curtain roll/pitch stick, but at the end of the loop it auto-levels again.

How does the V2 feels without the auto-level ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Last edited by sharonx; Sep 20, 2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:40 PM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
I have one of these coming, what batteries are available that work good with this model?
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old Sep 21, 2012, 09:27 PM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
Remote Control Battery 4 x 1.5V AA Batteries(not included)

Battery 3.7V 240mAH Li-po

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
I have one of these coming, what batteries are available that work good with this model?
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:22 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonx View Post
3D loops in the house

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKOf...layer_embedded

Even in 3D mode (green led) it feels it uses the accouterments, and it just ignores them over a curtain roll/pitch stick, but at the end of the loop it auto-levels again.

How does the V2 feels without the auto-level ?
I honestly can't tell if it's a V1 board or a V2 board if you change the canopy. The V2 still has "stability mode" (red LED) that prevents it from flipping and it could fly through the wind just as nicely as the V1 can. I'll say that the V2 handles more like the original firmware on the V1 board though, there is a difference in the V2's default throttle curve when compared to the updated firmware on the V1.
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:59 AM
Belle Chasse Southern, Louisiana, United States
Joined Apr 2002
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingfool View Post
What I meant was has anyone tried using any aftermarket batteries with the ladybird with success?
Such as the 300 nanotechs or such.
Flyingfool is offline Find More Posts by Flyingfool
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:22 AM
Joined Jan 2008
944 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
I honestly can't tell if it's a V1 board or a V2 board if you change the canopy. The V2 still has "stability mode" (red LED) that prevents it from flipping and it could fly through the wind just as nicely as the V1 can. I'll say that the V2 handles more like the original firmware on the V1 board though, there is a difference in the V2's default throttle curve when compared to the updated firmware on the V1.
Thanks. Mine is V1, I think with updated firmware (how can I tell ?)
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:48 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,705 Posts
Hi V,
It appears that the V1 and V2 boards are the same except for the missing 845 accelerometer and connector for the firmware update. With the right skills and a decent soldering station, one could probably add the $5 accelerometer and load the v1.1 firmware to the V2. I am assuming the V1.1 flight performance is better than the V2 and it is worth the effort doing the mod.

@ All,
If this has been pointed out before, I apologize. Point me to the link if one exits please. A long search for that mod info was fruitless.

Where is the best price for a Wallkera Ladybird V2 or V1 flight controller board?

Do DEVO add-on Tx modules exist for Futaba Tx's?
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Info Mega Link Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
Hey James, that is very good news indeed... thanks! I was kind of worried that the V.2 board would be a little more crippled versus V.1. I noticed the removed update port in your pictures and am wondering, if I soldered a port socket onto the board... would it make it active? It will likely not ever be necessary to flash the V.2 board though... "just wondering"

Although it'll be a while until I get it from BG.... I can't wait to fly it and compare it to my V.1. I figure it will fly virtually "the same" from your flight descriptions, the biggest difference should be with "stable mode" in strong winds... I can't wait to build and bind her!

I finally broke-down and ordered the UP02 kit to flash my old firmware 1.0 V.1 board with. While it is interesting to fly firmware 1.0 and 1.1 back-to-back, the throttle range is just too different between the two.

the Ladies! the one with the flashing lights is firmware1.0
http://youtu.be/fvTXAR_eXX0
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins