HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:20 AM
Poland, Śląskie, Bielsko-Biala
Joined Jan 2012
634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschen072 View Post
Thanks Shafter, unfortunately I do not have the 939 so I do not know how they compare. The V2's performance is hard to beat
I hope that for 39.55$ RTF you will not be able to resist

I tested yesterday V939 with 300 mAh nanotech batteries, and its performance really amazed me !.
shafter is offline Find More Posts by shafter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:11 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
@Xermalk, I would like to point out the difference in performance, as the V2 has much better performance and could handle much more wind than most of it's counterparts... That is a very important factor for me...the handling.
@shafter... I am tempted but the gf is not very happy with the speed at which the fleet is growing...what to do
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 12:25 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Anyone else have the V2? Guess the v2 isn't as popular as I thought it would be
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 03:26 AM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
Special thanks to Tmart for supplying this sample. The RTF version is availablehttp://www.tmart.com/Walkera-4CH-24GHz-QR-Ladybird-UFO-Style-RC-Helicopter-with-Transmitter-Green_p157701.html for 59.99USD shipped. Type in the code rcheli01 and you'll apparently get 5 USD off! $54.99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Symantics View Post
RTF now only $57 from Banggood....

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...letter-emarsys

Or you can get the V1 bnf from aliexpress for only $64.

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-gs...olesalers.html
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:58 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,750 Posts
Hrm, does the v2 have telemetry if you bind it to a "real" devo tx? im considering buying a ladybird v2 rx (21$ inc shipping) and putting it in a v939.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:06 AM
Swift Current, SK
Joined Aug 2009
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xermalk View Post
Hrm, does the v2 have telemetry if you bind it to a "real" devo tx? im considering buying a ladybird v2 rx (21$ inc shipping) and putting it in a v939.
Nope
Mr.Fancypants is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Fancypants
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
wow,it's so cheap that i never seen.can you give me address?
Quote:
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:38 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
The telemetry is receiver dependent so since the V2 doesn't have this component, you will not have the telemetry function even if you bind it to the 12S.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 02:51 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarivaly View Post
wow,it's so cheap that i never seen.can you give me address?
Oomodel or banggood. 21 usd seems to be the regular price in china for the electronics board.
@James ill just have to use a timer then. I can live with that.

Should have my v939 and v2 RX next week if i am lucky. Ill do a quick comparision then. But it will be heavily in favor of the v2 as it will be flown with a devo 7e instead of the stock wltoys tx.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:22 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Oomodel or banggood. 21 usd seems to be the regular price in china for the electronics board.
@James ill just have to use a timer then. I can live with that.

Should have my v939 and v2 RX next week if i am lucky. Ill do a quick comparision then. But it will be heavily in favor of the v2 as it will be flown with a devo 7e instead of the stock wltoys tx.
If the 7E uses the same stick tension as the 4 (I believe they are made from the same tooling) then I don't think you'll be able to do any precise movements at all... I tried to fly the Hoten X with the 4 and I could barely control it. That said, it is supposed to be a better TX. Please let us know how it feels if you do fly it with the 7E
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:49 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
2,750 Posts
I have no issues controlling my mini cp with my devo 7e, and i dont have a devo 4 to compare with. Actually all i have to compare my 7E with is a wltoys tx so i cant really compare it to anything.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:51 AM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,684 Posts
I've got 4 old LB motors/booms that are still kind of usable, so I ordered a V.2 RX to build a "beater" with. I always manage to trash the frames, hmm... I've got to buy some CF so I can re-inforce the frames to be more bullet-proof.

My question is.... with V.2 can "stunt/stable" mode be toggled on-the-fly with my Devo10, like I can with the V.1 board?
I've read that with a Devo4 you have to bind in the mode that suits, which seems kind of tedious... I just hope that with Devo6+ it's toggleable.
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:22 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
I've got 4 old LB motors/booms that are still kind of usable, so I ordered a V.2 RX to build a "beater" with. I always manage to trash the frames, hmm... I've got to buy some CF so I can re-inforce the frames to be more bullet-proof.

My question is.... with V.2 can "stunt/stable" mode be toggled on-the-fly with my Devo10, like I can with the V.1 board?
I've read that with a Devo4 you have to bind in the mode that suits, which seems kind of tedious... I just hope that with Devo6+ it's toggleable.
Hey Vpsporb, the mode switching is done in exactly the same way as the V1 and the settings are the same also. Only with the 4 do you have to set the flight mode when you bind. Hope that helps
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:55 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,684 Posts
Hey James, that is very good news indeed... thanks! I was kind of worried that the V.2 board would be a little more crippled versus V.1. I noticed the removed update port in your pictures and am wondering, if I soldered a port socket onto the board... would it make it active? It will likely not ever be necessary to flash the V.2 board though... "just wondering"

Although it'll be a while until I get it from BG.... I can't wait to fly it and compare it to my V.1. I figure it will fly virtually "the same" from your flight descriptions, the biggest difference should be with "stable mode" in strong winds... I can't wait to build and bind her!

I finally broke-down and ordered the UP02 kit to flash my old firmware 1.0 V.1 board with. While it is interesting to fly firmware 1.0 and 1.1 back-to-back, the throttle range is just too different between the two.

the Ladies! the one with the flashing lights is firmware1.0
the Ladies (1 min 14 sec)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:24 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,290 Posts

Here's my standard review chart. I think the ability to manually flip this quad may add an additional 5 points to the score. It's up to you guys to decide if this is a good thing or not.

Been having a blast flying the V2! I'll make more videos when I have time...but I am on call for 36 hours at the hospital tomorrow and there's no internet there so.. see u soon!
RCG Plus Member