Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:55 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
316 Posts
V1 have:
-Telemetry.
-Accelerometers. I rely like to have accelerometers on when flying long distance outside or when the hard wind is blowing, then there is no risk for flipping or crashing (if one don't hit anything). I mostly fly my bird, flipping is fun in the beginning but is not my main thing.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:20 AM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
I am a small CP flyer and I am wondering if I should get a ladybird for flying inside.
I have to agree with the other posts... I don't think you will regret buying a Ladybird. I'd also suggest picking up the V1 as others have said.

Honestly, this little quad has been one of my best bang for the buck purchases made in this hobby. It's pretty sturdy, easy to repair if you do damage it, easy to fly for a newbie, but agile and fast enough for a more experienced person. I feel it's pretty inexpensive as well, especially considering the versatility and quality.
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:31 AM
Joined Mar 2006
775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ju204 View Post
Why would I get the V1 over the v2? Over a clone? Any difference in flight? No clone is compatible with devo system?
i don't have an answer on the clone TX part.

As far as V1, there is an update port on board for firm ware, a plug for LEDs if you desire them, It flies great slow or fast. I have a HM 1sq and this bird is much smoother to fly and learn on for other. Since you have a Devo, you will have even more fun with it. From what i gather the V2 flies close to the v1 but just a little different.
muck76 is offline Find More Posts by muck76
Old Jan 06, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1803090 this is very interesting.
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:44 AM
Lee's Summit, MO USA
Joined Jan 2001
387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I have two Devo 4's and they sit in their box and never will be used. My V2 Ladybird and new Exceeed V2 Ladybird are bound to my Devo 7TX. The 2402D works fine but Devo 7 tx is great. Both fly wonderful only just behind my Two V1's. When I fly several are flown one after the other. No back to back. Then I fly Hoten just to keep it happy. As batteries charge for Ladybirds, grap a V929/ MQX and finalize flight secession. Sometime also fly S/P 328/ 270A/V911's/9958's/ Genius c/p/ Master c/p and then take it easy.
Hey Dankar -

So are there 2 versions of the V2? I'm getting ready to get this one from nitroplanes and see that it supposedly has accelerometers and a nicer canopy.

Banggood seems to be out of V1s RTF and don't want to spend too much $.

Thanks for any advice.
KC Flyer is offline Find More Posts by KC Flyer
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:17 AM
Joined Jan 2013
1 Posts
Need help to do flips with Ladybird

Hi, thanks for all the good info on your posts. I have just gotten a Ladybird and having a great time flying it. I am using the transmitter that came with it, but I can't figure out how to make it go into the aerobatic mode so it can do flips. The instructions appear to be translated by a machine from Chinese to English, so they are not understandable. They say something about moving the elevator stick up and down four times in two seconds to activate roll mode, but I haven't figured out what mode you need to be in before you do that. Can anyone shed any light on this? Maybe I'm just dumb.
Pete Norwood is offline Find More Posts by Pete Norwood
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:27 AM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,209 Posts
Trust me you're not dumb. It's quite confusing. I made a video a while back and posted it on youtube with a how to. Here you go:

Walkera Ladybird / 2402D Engage 3 & 6 axis flight mode (3 min 59 sec)
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 30, 2013, 03:28 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,311 Posts
edit...
already posted.lol
brodjack is offline Find More Posts by brodjack
Old Feb 14, 2013, 04:39 PM
Lee's Summit, MO USA
Joined Jan 2001
387 Posts
A few questions. I have a LB V2 and learned to fly it with the DEVO 4.

I just got a DEVO 7E (with a Super CP) and want to take advantage of the extra features.

So....I figured out how to input a throttle curve. Since it hovers at ~35% of throttle, I set the 7 points to be: 0, 15,30,35,40,70,100 which seems to work well.

I also added 60% expo to Ail, Ele & Rud.

But how do I set up the gyro? Before the green LED would shine in flip mode but seems to only stay red now?
KC Flyer is offline Find More Posts by KC Flyer
Old Mar 03, 2013, 08:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
You can take a look at your instruction carefully again.maybe you could get a answer
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 04, 2013, 08:56 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Help...Hi- My ladybird board acted up with the #2 motor, was not the motor, a few flights later now none of the motors work, neither will the led flash and bind. Re-soldered the connectors, its not that the connectors or battery. A few months ago I replaced # 3 motor output FET, but they all look OK. Did not have a short, but suddenly the ladybird would flip over or cut in mid flight, now its dead. I am pretty handy with a soldering and prefer to buy and replace parts for a few dollars then buy a new board, for 21 bucks form BG. Anyone have an idea what this could mean. (Is it New board time or can it be some replaceable component that I can replace). I see no fried chips and there or no loose components. I also blasted it with canned air to try and trick the transistor gates to open or close.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:02 PM
Need more props..........
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2013
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfa View Post
Help...Hi- My ladybird board acted up with the #2 motor, was not the motor, a few flights later now none of the motors work, neither will the led flash and bind. Re-soldered the connectors, its not that the connectors or battery. A few months ago I replaced # 3 motor output FET, but they all look OK. Did not have a short, but suddenly the ladybird would flip over or cut in mid flight, now its dead. I am pretty handy with a soldering and prefer to buy and replace parts for a few dollars then buy a new board, for 21 bucks form BG. Anyone have an idea what this could mean. (Is it New board time or can it be some replaceable component that I can replace). I see no fried chips and there or no loose components. I also blasted it with canned air to try and trick the transistor gates to open or close.
Flipping is usually bad or dying motors I've found.
Oso Grande is online now Find More Posts by Oso Grande
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:20 PM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
Swapping motors the cause was the board, now whole board is dead.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Apr 09, 2013, 09:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
40 Posts
QR ladybird v2----for the greatest price-$53.25

http://www.tmart.com/Walkera-4CH-2.4...n_p157701.html

Maybe this information can help you here.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by sarivaly; Apr 09, 2013 at 10:10 PM.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 12:06 PM
Joined Sep 2002
243 Posts
This one has the junk transmitter, USELESS.
1705493 is offline Find More Posts by 1705493