HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 09:36 AM
United States, FL, Stuart
Joined Apr 2012
267 Posts
You're right, it is there.

I don't know if the Midwest kit is the same as the plans built one.

This is all I could come up with, but maybe fiberglass specialties can give you an answer.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#3048360

I bought one from them for a Big Hots I built, and while the quality was good, the art was clunky.

On both of my Supers, I built them up using balsa, not too difficult, and if I had to get paid for them, it would have cost more than 25 bucks of my time, but they did work out fine. And then there is the satisfaction of creating.

If you decide to go with the plans built 60 size, I'll be happy to share what I did and what I might do different.
Electrofish is offline Find More Posts by Electrofish
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:34 AM
United States, OK, Claremore
Joined Jun 2012
258 Posts
After reading some of that they may not be the same. I dont know where I got that info, but it looks to be wrong, thanks for the link. Im leaning more towards the .40 size hots for now since i have most of what I need minus the short kit, but the super hots will be done too.

Im really intrested in what you will be doing with the lectric hots. As soon as the winds die down today I will be putting a few batteries thru mine.
vicrider is offline Find More Posts by vicrider
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: scratch fpv pusher
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Apr 2012
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicrider View Post
After reading some of that they may not be the same. I dont know where I got that info, but it looks to be wrong, thanks for the link. Im leaning more towards the .40 size hots for now since i have most of what I need minus the short kit, but the super hots will be done too.

Im really intrested in what you will be doing with the lectric hots. As soon as the winds die down today I will be putting a few batteries thru mine.
I'll let you know. When I build it takes weeks or months, I hardly ever spend more that a couple of hours at a time, and usually it's 15 minutes a session.

PM me if you want, and we can do the regular email thing.

BTW: Where did you get the landing gear and what size servos are you using?
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:04 PM
Joined Jun 2012
258 Posts
My problem is I get to many things going at once, and still want to start another.

This is the landing gear I used and it worked perfectly.http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJ920

I used futaba 3114 servos, One on each aileron, rudder, elevator.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
Joined Apr 2012
267 Posts
Thanks. I'm going with the size you built, since yours seems to fly so well.
I ordered the power system, Turnigy G10-1100 with a 40 Amp plush ESC.

My reasoning here: I fish quite a bit. I bought a Shimano (Japanese) inshore spinning rod. I happend to look at the butt one day and saw a little sticker, guess what? "Made in China".

I'll order the wood today since the nearest hobby shop is 40 miles away and the size selection is slim.
I'll keep you up over the next few months.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined Jun 2012
258 Posts
Thats seems to be equivalent to what I used power wise.
I will be starting on the hots here within the next week or two. I let you know how it comes along also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 12:18 PM
Joined Apr 2012
267 Posts
PM'D you.