HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2013, 02:02 AM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
I could kick myself Charlie, but you can't kick me,..... There was a guy on Ebay a couple months back that made an ORCA, Warlock and Ben Gardener's boat. They looked great. But now that you mention this, i'm wishing i'd saved the auction pictures. He did full interiors of all 3 boats. On Ben Gardener's boat he even had legs sticking out of the galley, and a head sticking out the bottom hole in the hull.
No need to kick your self.That was me.I built those just for fun.I had a couple Midwest lobster boat kits sitting around and used them to build the Warlock and Bens boat..They worked well for Bens boat.I still gotta do a better Warlock someday.Heres some pics of the boats.
jlt13th is offline Find More Posts by jlt13th
Last edited by jlt13th; Feb 02, 2013 at 01:58 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2013, 08:21 AM
United States, TX, Converse
Joined Mar 2012
482 Posts
Wow

Your guys are something else ha ha ha and jlt13th supprized me what a treat, it feels like Chrismas all over agian, jlt13th they came out great, thank for the pics,
pops880 is online now Find More Posts by pops880
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:16 AM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,111 Posts
I wonder if there are any color pictures of the Warlock?? JLT I do remember seeing those boats of yours, nice job.
charlie eaton is offline Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Ive never seen a color photo of the Warlock.However someone did email me during my Ebay auction and told me the Warlock had a blue bottom with a red boot.I just went with Blue because in the movie,blue is showing through on the transom bottom in some scenes.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:15 PM
DCN
Joined Aug 2005
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlt13th View Post
Ive never seen a color photo of the Warlock.However someone did email me during my Ebay auction and told me the Warlock had a blue bottom with a red boot.I just went with Blue because in the movie,blue is showing through on the transom bottom in some scenes.
Did i say Blue bottom? I ment to say Red bottom with a Blue boot. LMAO Yes JT that was me. LOL
DCN is offline Find More Posts by DCN
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:24 PM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
Did i say Blue bottom? I ment to say Red bottom with a Blue boot. LMAO Yes JT that was me. LOL
Oh that was you?Actually thats probably what you said.I probably got it backwards....So have you seen colored photos of it? I got the one you posted,but its hard to tell whats what in that pic.It almost looks like they had a simpler design planned and then scrapped it and did a total overall and made it into the boat we see on film.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 01:05 PM
DCN
Joined Aug 2005
50 Posts
Nope, Never seen a color photo of Warlock. Their has to be one floating out there somewhere. Like Richard Zanuck said, Anytime the Jaws Crew burped the public knew about it.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 04:42 PM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Actually yes.There must be a color pic of it.I just remembered I got an email awhile back from a guy claiming he has some color pics of it and mentioned the blue boot as well.According to the date on my email,that was back in sept. He has yet to send me the pics

Any new updates pops?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 08:37 PM
DCN
Joined Aug 2005
50 Posts
I just noticed this. The Orca had a See Through. This was used to look at the helm in the galley.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:45 AM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Quote:
I just noticed this. The Orca had a See Through. This was used to look at the helm in the galley.
Interesting..Id always thought that was a can or some type of container.I wonder if its visible from any of the interior shots?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:56 PM
Joined Mar 2012
482 Posts
I always wondered what that was
Old Jan 08, 2013, 02:56 PM
Joined Nov 2007
71 Posts
Looking really good..

How does that glue work pops.Is it better than superglue?
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:10 PM
Joined Mar 2012
482 Posts
Works pretty good, taks fast and depending on the needs I dont clamp. and easy clean up, but does turn yellow. but very strong , I use it on my furnitcher work
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:39 PM
DCN
Joined Aug 2005
50 Posts
Ok now i have a question. Pops did you dry fit the pulpit to get the angle for the support? And....I forgot the eyebolt on my Orca!! Good detail eye Pops!!