495 Posts
Or call it "The Tumbler"!!
gjmjoe017 is offline Find More Posts by gjmjoe017
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 03:18 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
LOL.. I bought a 1989 s-10 Blazer brand new and slammed it to the ground with only 25mils on it I had vanity plates for it for 5 year and the name of it was BLAZE Her is a pic of the old girl.. I sold it in 1996 I did car stereo for 19 years and this was my Boom truck!!! LMAO Would be fun to be a kid again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
LOL Looks awesome but are you serious, they can't even come up with a different name than I used for my sport jet. Why not call it a Spark or an Electra. LOL.
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:01 PM
deltas are cool
Tehachapi ,CA.
Joined Apr 2006
20,931 Posts
and after 19 years can you still hear? oh then you got into EDF and Turbines if you can hear your lucky ...i kinda have done the same but so far the hearing is still pretty good .gotta wear your plugs and ear muffs
AIR SALLY is online now Find More Posts by AIR SALLY
Old Sep 16, 2012, 07:04 PM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
22,444 Posts
your new name is vanilla ice lol. old skizzle
corsair nut is offline Find More Posts by corsair nut
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:29 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
LMAO... Saw vanilla ice Spring Break 2000 Daytona Beach..And took First place in Daytona beach sound off Pro Class 501 to 1000 watts PPI-2300 and a PPI-2250... Old school Baby
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut View Post
your new name is vanilla ice lol. old skizzle
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:40 AM
Matrix 90 & 100mm sport jet
Merritt Island Fl
Joined Aug 2008
1,046 Posts
Quote:
LOL Looks awesome but are you serious, they can't even come up with a different name than I used for my sport jet. Why not call it a Spark or an Electra. LOL.
That is what I was thinking of them. pretty lame but look at how many people copy BVM paint schemes.
Getmore Rc is offline Find More Posts by Getmore Rc
Old Sep 17, 2012, 12:41 PM
United States, CA, Livermore
Joined Oct 2004
757 Posts
I put the SM110-47 with a HET motor as supplied bu Stu, it has a CC160HV ICE2 programmed, modded, and loaded into a TamJets tailcone by Tam. I got six flights in last Saturday (maiden) with GensAce 12s 25c 5500 mAh packs. Five min flights with 30% left. Outstanding performance! If you can get an SM110-47 you should. It is really good, we were flying Stumax and Viofan Electra's on 12s back to back (but not at the same time) all day and performance is too close to call... but I'm glad I got the Stumax
Husafreak is offline Find More Posts by Husafreak
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:34 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
Ok the Specs are in

Wing span: 58" 3/4....1492.25mm
Fuselage length: 67"..........1701.80mm
Wing Area: 705.........17907mm
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:57 PM
Atlanta, GA
Joined Mar 2009
891 Posts
Billy,

Any chance that you and Andy would consider changing the name to something other than Blaze so that it doesn't offend anyone that supports Tumbler and the development of his Blaze sport jet?
Double E is offline Find More Posts by Double E
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:23 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
We never had any intentions to offend anyone on the name. I have talked with Brian on this and it was just bad timing when it all came out. Brian has sold the molds and never put it production. I used a name that i call my truck over 20 years ago. Then i built another truck like it 10 years ago and call it Blazo 2. Didn't like Blazo so we used Blaze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double E View Post
Billy,

Any chance that you and Andy would consider changing the name to something other than Blaze so that it doesn't offend anyone that supports Tumbler and the development of his Blaze sport jet?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:40 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,043 Posts
I think the problem people are having is the fact I started this project in November 2008 and so even though it was never a production plane, it has has been around a long time and many people associate the name The Blaze with my jet. Had JTM released a dynamic slope soarer with the name The Blaze I don't think anyone would care. But they came out with a plane which very closely resembles mine. Of course mine looks very much like a Bandit or an Electra and there is nothing wrong with that unless I tried to sell it and call it a Bandit or Electra. I will go on the record and say I have no problem with them using the name and I have no right to. Its just a name and my plane never went into production anyway. Because My Blaze and JTM's Blaze look so similar and there are a million names to chose from, I would think they could come up with another name. That's all. I really do appreciate everyone looking out for me Thanks for the support guys!! Lots of people wanted me to sell them a Blaze and I never could deliver......at least now JTM has allowed people to own a bigger and better Blaze! By the way, I do want one of these.

My original foam prototype thread from 2008
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=951277

QUOTE=BILLYDSRC;22788279]We never had any intentions to offend anyone on the name. I have talked with Brian on this and it was just bad timing when it all came out. Brian has sold the molds and never put it production. I used a name that i call my truck over 20 years ago. Then i built another truck like it 10 years ago and call it Blazo 2. Didn't like Blazo so we used Blaze.[/QUOTE]
Tumbler is online now Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,304 Posts
i want a blaze!!!! i cant take the waiting any longer!! lets go billy
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:03 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
Just got a update from Andy...
It looks like production is started on the Blaze
When i get a shipping date im going to start taking pre-orders
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:05 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,642 Posts
Brian, If you want. You can have one of the first ones I get my hands on
Thanks Billy D

Quote:
I think the problem people are having is the fact I started this project in November 2008 and so even though it was never a production plane, it has has been around a long time and many people associate the name The Blaze with my jet. Had JTM released a dynamic slope soarer with the name The Blaze I don't think anyone would care. But they came out with a plane which very closely resembles mine. Of course mine looks very much like a Bandit or an Electra and there is nothing wrong with that unless I tried to sell it and call it a Bandit or Electra. I will go on the record and say I have no problem with them using the name and I have no right to. Its just a name and my plane never went into production anyway. Because My Blaze and JTM's Blaze look so similar and there are a million names to chose from, I would think they could come up with another name. That's all. I really do appreciate everyone looking out for me Thanks for the support guys!! Lots of people wanted me to sell them a Blaze and I never could deliver......at least now JTM has allowed people to own a bigger and better Blaze! By the way, I do want one of these.

My original foam prototype thread from 2008
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=951277

QUOTE=BILLYDSRC;22788279]We never had any intentions to offend anyone on the name. I have talked with Brian on this and it was just bad timing when it all came out. Brian has sold the molds and never put it production. I used a name that i call my truck over 20 years ago. Then i built another truck like it 10 years ago and call it Blazo 2. Didn't like Blazo so we used Blaze.
[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:27 AM
ohio
Joined Aug 1999
3,635 Posts
Billy,

Will the production version look exactly like the prototype that flew at E-Jets or will there be any changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLYDSRC View Post
Just got a update from Andy...
It looks like production is started on the Blaze
When i get a shipping date im going to start taking pre-orders
kevin is offline Find More Posts by kevin
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video of my HK Cobra