stoneenforcer is online now Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 09:23 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
Blue xXx

Thanks Billy,

Arrived in perfect condition. My 4th JTM and the quality is superb ! Everything fits soooo.... tight and looks true. Also thanks for all your engineering on the new Tam Trunions for the 60-120's - much appreciated by all I'm sure.
The mystery of the odd sized inlet duct has been solved - see pic - fits "Like A Glove" - dry fit right out of the box. No grinding or sanding. This is also so tight fitting that I could literally get a flight out of it with a few drops of CA in the right places. Just need to drill a few holes, add some blind nuts, and glue the rails in - done ! Again - just wanted to say how impressed I am with the quality of the workmanship coming from JTM - Thank You Andy.

Paul
Paul Swy is offline Find More Posts by Paul Swy
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:03 AM
Pursuit of Happiness
Brentwood, California
Joined Jul 2007
7,222 Posts
I like the blue the best... very sharp!
Ron101 is offline Find More Posts by Ron101
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:28 AM
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
I actually would have preferred the Red - but too many red/white jets already, and I wanted an off color so I won't get it confused in the air with my buddies red/white Electra. He got his Electra 3 weeks ago - so were about even with build progress - Ha, Ha,
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Mar 2010
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron101 View Post
I like the blue the best... very sharp!
+1
Samjet is offline Find More Posts by Samjet
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:11 PM
EDF Jet Jam May 2014
United States, KY, Crestview Hills
Joined Dec 2000
6,502 Posts
Paul nice combo. The blue looks very nice.
Robert Belluomini is offline Find More Posts by Robert Belluomini
Old Feb 22, 2013, 01:57 PM
Dublin Ireland
Joined Aug 2005
827 Posts
Anyone else think it looks "Sparkish"
Steve.
STEVEAIR2 is offline Find More Posts by STEVEAIR2
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
I can see some Spark in it, Nose reminds me of the Bu 32 - What do you guys think about putting some anhedral in the horizontal stab ? First thing I noticed when I fit it up is that the wings and stab are almost in line, maybe a half of an inch stagger. It would mean some body work and could compromise the integritiy of the mounting. Probably a mod best left to later on down the road when we see how she flies.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:41 PM
aka JetMan Joe
Joined Feb 2010
2,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVEAIR2 View Post
Anyone else think it looks "Sparkish"
Steve.
I think I see a little Bandit in the pedigree
MCSGUY is offline Find More Posts by MCSGUY
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
Bandit in the mix for sure - but still very much it's own design - not a copy. Well thought out design when you look at the interior.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:50 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,456 Posts
New progress report, I have got the fan adapter finished and fan is now sitting in the plane with the inlet duct all wrapped up, it needed just a little bit of sanding for a perfect fit. Another job that is done is the battery mount, it took me a while to figure out how to do this, as I wanted it to be quick and easy to get the packs in and out of the jet. My two main packs will be strapped to the plywood plate, and I just have to remove the two bolts to get the whole assembly out, the plate has a tongue at the rear that slots into the plywood former that's glued in at the back between the ducts.
Arngeir Blakseth is online now Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Last edited by Arngeir Blakseth; Feb 22, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 03:59 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,624 Posts
Your welcome.... That Schübeler fits nice in there!! I also like the blue one.. I'm building the 1.7 Viper in the same color blue right now
On the Trunions for the 60-120's they will be UsaRcJets. Tam will be making the strut's,wheels and brakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Swy View Post
Thanks Billy,

Arrived in perfect condition. My 4th JTM and the quality is superb ! Everything fits soooo.... tight and looks true. Also thanks for all your engineering on the new Tam Trunions for the 60-120's - much appreciated by all I'm sure.
The mystery of the odd sized inlet duct has been solved - see pic - fits "Like A Glove" - dry fit right out of the box. No grinding or sanding. This is also so tight fitting that I could literally get a flight out of it with a few drops of CA in the right places. Just need to drill a few holes, add some blind nuts, and glue the rails in - done ! Again - just wanted to say how impressed I am with the quality of the workmanship coming from JTM - Thank You Andy.

Paul
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:21 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,456 Posts
Last two pics is for Billy, this is how I plan to run 14S in the xXx, with a 2S pack on top of the ducts right on CG.
Arngeir Blakseth is online now Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:00 PM
Flying for Fun
Joined Aug 2007
25 Posts
With all the xXx's out now I guess I won't have the fastest xXx, wow 14 cell setup, that can have potential to really kick. Saw Paul's comment on anhedral in the stabs, man don't do it, pain in the but everytime you set the fuselage down. I haven't seen any difference between my xXx and any other similar jet that does have anhedral, pitch response is very good and precise, even with the flaps down so I don't think it will have any improvements in handling.
jetmodeler is offline Find More Posts by jetmodeler
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:08 PM
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
Thanks for that - sure don't want to do it if it's not necessary.

Arngeir - nice fiberglass work on your duct. looks like you'll be flying soon.

Billy sorry for the way I made that sound - I meant Trunions that will allow fit up of Tam Struts. I'm assuming that's the reason for the mod. I've always had to grind a portion of the strut to get them to fit on standard E-Flights.