HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:39 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
Nice Feature - are these E-doors, E-Cylinders ? No Servo's ?
Paul Swy is offline Find More Posts by Paul Swy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:42 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,458 Posts
http://www.lado-tech.net/en/7-e-doors
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:48 PM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Apr 2007
119 Posts
Thanks Arngeir, I was just checking them out on the web - very nice - you're going to have a sweet airplane when you're done.
Paul Swy is offline Find More Posts by Paul Swy
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:19 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,607 Posts
Subscribed...
Id always like to make a small research before I buy anything. Atm this jet is beyond my reach but some cash might be coming my way and something elecrric and fast is 1st on my list. I even thought of selling my turbine jet for this which would cost more or less 2000euro minus the batteries..
Ive read more than 10 pages so far but havent seen many videos or build threads. Any tips would be appreciated.

Can sombdy rell me if I will have any regrets in the minus 2k in my bank account ?
pavlis is online now Find More Posts by pavlis
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:25 AM
Germany, NRW, Gangelt
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts

If your bank account goes into -2K than my suggestion would be, DON'T buy this jet.
You should not practice this hobby if your account goes in the red figures.
If your account is still in the black figures after withdrawing 2K than you can't make any mistakes with this jet.

As far as the quality for this jet goes, it is outstanding. The reason for not having seen any flights, is the fact, the first models have just been released a couple of weeks ago. We are building and building hard. Stay tuned for updates and videos.

Yesterday, I have installed my fuel tank because I am building a turbine version. The installation went very well.
I will update with some pictures later today.

Stay tuned,

Cliff
easy jets is offline Find More Posts by easy jets
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:25 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,607 Posts
Btw I was also thinking about the 1.7m viper jet.
The reason im into this size is simply because .. 1. Ive got a stumax 89-45 and I know what stumax means. 2. My turbine jet is a paf jet-co with a wren70. The jet-co only has ailerons and elevator. No flaps no rudder. With this jet I can always convert to turbine. And I think it would be easier with the viperjet. A popular viperjet here is the skymaster vj. The thing is that weve seen 5 of them so far going in exactly the sane way. After take off the next move was a right turn and then into the ground.
Vj is beefy enough for a wren70. If the xXx is easily converted then... Why not go into the red zone for this?
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:13 AM
Germany, NRW, Gangelt
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Turbine install

A turbine conversion is not very hard to do.
Here are some pictures of the fueltank installation.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 06:44 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,607 Posts
That's nice. Will u install a hopper too? With my engine that will give me a 5minute flight. Inmy jet co ive got a 2liter tank and have my timer at 6minutes and im comming down with more than half a tank of fuel left..
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:22 AM
Germany, NRW, Gangelt
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
Yes, I do not fly without an air trap.
The air trap or hopper will go more in the nose of the model.

On top of the main tank is enough room for another 3- to 400cc.
Also sadle tanks left and right underneith the Turbine could work.

With a Jets-Munt VT80 the fuel consumption at full throttle is 220ml/min.
With 1200 cc main tanks, this should give me an easy 5 to 6 minute flight time.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:47 AM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,458 Posts
I got a reply from Clifford yesterday regarding servolinkage for the wing, here's a pic showing how JTM wants it to be done.

Currently working on servo installation, more pics to come later today.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:28 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,458 Posts
OK, so I have been working on the xXx all day, and I have got a lot of various small jobs done. Servo mounts have been installed in the wing, I am using mounts from Servorahmen in Germany for the wing servos, these where glued onto the covers late last night with Hysol, and I continued today with making slots for the aileron servo arms and getting the ailerons servo installation all wrapped up. I am still waiting for my flap servos to arrive ( I will use Graupner DS3288's) so I have not been able to finish off that job as I don't know where the slots for the servo arms need to be on the covers without having a servo installed.

Same goes for the elevator servos, I am waiting for a order of longer servo horns, so even though the servos are in place I will wait with cutting the slots for the arms until I get them. I have also got the nose gear retract unit installed, the mounting plate for the nose gear is so far up into the nose section that I had to glue 10mm sq. spruce to the plate to get the unit where I wanted it to be. The nose gea door is also hinged and done, I am just waiting for the E-Door actuators to arrive now so I can make a bracket for it and wrap up that job. I am going to use a Robart 3/8" offset leg with a Intairco 57mm wheel for the nosegear, this has been cut to length and the 3/16" insert has been hammered in (and glued with JB-Weld), will drill and tap tomorrow. Again I am waiting for more parts before I can finish off this job, a Pro-Link steering arm to go into the 7/16" bore in the Eletron gear trunnion. Also need to make a steering servo mount somewhere, not decided where it will go yet, probably under the front of the battery tray.

The plan for tomorrow is to make a plug for the inlet duct adapter, and continue fitting the other main gear.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:03 PM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,827 Posts
AB nice work as always, i was going to use the robo struts also did you go 3/8 or 7/16?

also were you going to use air or servo to work the nose doors, or the BVM spring arm thing.

im debating about doing the flap internally like the electra, it would be good to know exactly where JTM place the wood blocks for the horn

thanks for the updates
hoser is offline Find More Posts by hoser
Old Feb 16, 2013, 07:34 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,458 Posts
Nose strut is a 3/8 Robostrut, I plan to use Pro-Link struts for the mains, but 7/16 Robostruts should be ok as well, depending on what retract units you use. I tried fitting a set but had a bit of trouble finding the space needed in combination with my Electron gear units.
I plan to use Lado electric actuators for the doors.

I also looked at doing the flap linkage internally, but decided against it, as the flap is live hinged there's a limit to how far I will deflect it and that really limits the access to the front of the flap and the spar you need to cut through to get the linkage done. Not worth the hassle is my conclusion.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 08:12 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
2,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post

I also looked at doing the flap linkage internally, but decided against it, as the flap is live hinged there's a limit to how far I will deflect it and that really limits the access to the front of the flap and the spar you need to cut through to get the linkage done. Not worth the hassle is my conclusion.
I did both of Tam XXX flaps internally in like 30 minutes, and it has prenty of throw. will try and post pics this coming week.
lashmett75 is offline Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:46 PM
Hey Ya'll!! Watch THIS!!
Nashville TN.
Joined Mar 2006
2,555 Posts
I would love to see how you guys do that!
Michael Paxton is offline Find More Posts by Michael Paxton