HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Feb 08, 2013, 07:17 PM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
I would say a 13lb to 20lb would work just great in it. We will have a turbine Kit for it very soon. Thanks Billy D

Quote:
Originally Posted by txshan130 View Post
Could this be fitted with a turbine? If so, how much thrust?
BILLYDSRC is offline Find More Posts by BILLYDSRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 08:51 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Last edited by Arngeir Blakseth; Feb 08, 2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:16 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,127 Posts
i thought it came with an adapter for 127mm fan. no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arngeir Blakseth View Post
Think what speeds you would get with a 20lb turbine, when it does 206mph on a dinky little 110mm fan

I think Cliff is doing one with a VT80 turbine, that should be a very nice combo.

Btw, I will be making up a inlet adapter to fit my Ramtec fan, so if anyone else planning to run this fan size wants one just let me know, the one included in the kit is a little too small to fit the fan properly. I will post up some pics of this when I get it done, hopefully sometime next week.
Tumbler is offline Find More Posts by Tumbler
Old Feb 08, 2013, 09:25 PM
Molde, Norway
Joined Jan 2001
2,467 Posts
It does come with two adapters, one to fit 110mm fans and the other I really don't know what fan size they want it to fit. It is a bit too large to fit a 120mm fan( I tried it on a TJ120 shroud) and too small to fit a Dynamax or Ramtec fan. But I do have a plug from when I did the inlet extension/adapter for my MiG-15 so it will be easy enough to knock out a short adapter for this jet.
Arngeir Blakseth is offline Find More Posts by Arngeir Blakseth
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 PM
Its a Condition not Addiction
United States, CA, Sunnyvale
Joined Jul 2008
3,011 Posts
Quote:

Tam and I are going to put a P100 in one...so we will see

James
lashmett75 is online now Find More Posts by lashmett75
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:02 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
That's going to rip man

Quote:
Originally Posted by lashmett75 View Post
Tam and I are going to put a P100 in one...so we will see

James
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:57 AM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,312 Posts
its a nail biter to see who's gonna be posting a sweet flight video first! i wanna see some real yank and bank, 150mph snap rolls on this frame before I order up. A good flight review of its inflights characteristics would be great!

cheers and happy building gents!!
stoneenforcer is offline Find More Posts by stoneenforcer
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:28 PM
Ripoff britain
Joined Jan 2011
230 Posts
Quote:

IM thinking of getting one off Clifford top bloke and putting my vt80 in it got a spare one out my snow blower

RC turbine powered snowblower (2 min 19 sec)
alanjets is offline Find More Posts by alanjets
Old Feb 09, 2013, 03:03 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,127 Posts
I'd like to see some video of any jet doing a 150mph snap. I have only seen them done throttled way back. I would never try it, but would like to see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneenforcer View Post
its a nail biter to see who's gonna be posting a sweet flight video first! i wanna see some real yank and bank, 150mph snap rolls on this frame before I order up. A good flight review of its inflights characteristics would be great!

cheers and happy building gents!!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 07:31 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbler View Post
I'd like to see some video of any jet doing a 150mph snap. I have only seen them done throttled way back. I would never try it, but would like to see it.
This is the fastest snap I've ever seen from a jet, check out the 2:00 minute mark, perhaps 125+ MPH give or take?

BVM Electra 3, Windows Media, High Definition, 171MB

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
United States, TX, Katy
Joined Jan 2009
432 Posts
that is what I was thinking , VT-80
txshan130 is offline Find More Posts by txshan130
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:53 AM
Germany, NRW, Gangelt
Joined Jan 2011
96 Posts
canopy

First things first.

Painted the inside of the canopy black.
easy jets is offline Find More Posts by easy jets
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:56 AM
OHIO
Joined Aug 2009
1,659 Posts
Cliff that looks bad a$$
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy jets View Post
First things first.

Painted the inside of the canopy black.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:57 AM
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Apr 2007
123 Posts
Just a little caution on tinting. I tinted my JTM L39 a little too dark with Tamiya Smoke and as a result it's nearly black. It's off my list of possible planes to fly when temps are up over 90 degrees. The plastic gets very hot and I think I even managed a small dimple where I put some pressure on it during a hot day. I've found the Transparent Blue, the best for a really dark tint without the risk of heating up the plastic. You'll want to make sure you keep the canopy at least, in the shade on hot days.
Paul Swy is offline Find More Posts by Paul Swy
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:14 PM
New Jersey
Joined Feb 2003
8,127 Posts
Just need to keep it out of direct sunlight or put a blanket over the canopy. You will see a ton of guys with covers on their canopies at jet meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Swy View Post
Just a little caution on tinting. I tinted my JTM L39 a little too dark with Tamiya Smoke and as a result it's nearly black. It's off my list of possible planes to fly when temps are up over 90 degrees. The plastic gets very hot and I think I even managed a small dimple where I put some pressure on it during a hot day. I've found the Transparent Blue, the best for a really dark tint without the risk of heating up the plastic. You'll want to make sure you keep the canopy at least, in the shade on hot days.
Closed Thread