SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by hammer22, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 04, 2012, 11:39 AM
United States, NH, Exeter
Joined Oct 2010
99 Posts
Trader Rating: 25
Sold
DSM2-DSMX transmitter modules for Hitec Aurora 9/Optic 6/ Eclipse 7 radios

9/17/2012: I am marking this thread SOLD As I have sold all the modules I currently have. I will be making more of them soon and will post another classified ad when they are ready. Thanks to all that have purchased them.

9/4/2012: I have updated the firmware in the module to work correctly with the Hitec Aurora 9 transmitter or any transmitter with up to a 32ms frame rate. This update was flight tested with an A9 this past week and everything is working. All other specifications remain the same. I have 4 of these modules for sale right now and will be building more in the future. I also added a picture of how the module looks installed in an A9.

I am selling custom made 100% DSM2/DSMX compatible transmitter modules for use with Hitec Aurora 9, Optic 6, Prism 7 or other module based Hitec radios. These modules are 100% completely DSM2 and DSMX compatible and are able to transmit in either the original DSM2 protocol or in the new frequency hopping DSMX protocol. Switching between modes is quick and easy using the transmitter throttle stick and the bind button on the module. I am asking $85 shipped to CONUS (USPS first class w/delivery confirmation). I will ship internationally for $10 via USPS first class mail.

Disclaimer: This is not a Spektrum brand module and does not contain any Horizon Hobby or Spektrum parts. This module is custom designed with custom firmware and built using a 2.4GHz RF module based on the proven Cypress CYRF6936 2.4GHz DSSS radio chip, the same RF chip used in all Spektrum radio equipment. This same RF module is used by another popular RC radio equipment manufacturer in their FCC certified transmitters.

This module is a proprietary design, hand made, using only high quality components and thoroughly tested.

This module is 100% functionally equivalent to the Spektrum DM8/9 module and just like the original Spektrum DM8/9 modules, it converts your transmitter to DSM2. But this module has the added ability to transmit in DSMX mode too!

This is a full range module with an average RF output power level of +20dBm.

This module is designed to accept up to 9 PPM channels. It is configured for the Hitec/Futaba channel order (A.E.T.R.). It will re-arrange the channels to match the JR/Spektrum channel order (T.A.E.R) thereby making your Hitec transmitter able to control the popular Bind-N-Fly micro aircraft.

The firmware in this module has been extensively tested with a wide variety of DSM2/DSMX Spektrum receivers including the AR6400 micro brick RX used in the popular Eflite and Parkzone micro aircraft, AR400, AR600, AR7000, AR6110, AR8000, AR9000, AR6210 and HK Orange 6 channel receiver. It performs every bit as well as an original Spektrum module.

Key Features:
- Protocol - DSM2 or DSMX mode.

- Easy to switch between modes using throttle stick and bind button.

- Compatible with any DSM2 or DSMX receiver, including DSM2/DSMX Bind-N-Fly micro aircraft and helicopters and the Hobby King line of Orange DSM2 compatible receivers.

- Resolution - DSM2 - 10 bit. DSMX - 11 bit.

- Maximum number of channels transmitted: DSM2 mode: 9 channels. DSMX mode: 7 channels.

- RF output power: +20dBm.

- Power input voltage range: 5 - 15 volts.

- PPM signal voltage: 5V to 12V

- Exact fit Hitec transmitter case for correct fit in Hitec module based transmitters.

- Informative status LED that does more than just tell you if power is on.

- 14 day money back return policy if not satisfied.

Some buyer comments from my JR module:

Bob Y., TX:
Flew my new Beast BNF today with your module. Binds fast and works great. Can't attest to range as I'm flying a micro size plane and keep it close in. The range check was great, went out past 40 paces on low power with no problems.

Roy L., NJ
I flew your module in a JR 8103 tx today in dsmx mode. It was an E-Flite Taylorcfaft, Park 480 motor, Spektrum 7010 rx. Ground checking @ 30 pacesin low output & walking all around the plane was solid. I had five perfect flites. No issues at all. flew the plane as far out as I could see. Please note that there was another fellow flying spektrum dsm2 @ the same time.

Mathew F., CA:
I have tested your transmitter module and it works flawlessly with the micros I fly. Haven't really tested it long range with these little planes, but it's perfect for what I needed.

Please PM me if you are interested.

I also still have four (4) JR type modules for sale for the same price. Please see the following thread for more info: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1669239

The fine print:

Added 8/16: The Aurora 9 needs to be in PPM-N or PPM-P mode.

The antenna is not able to pivot side to side but it does move up and down on the 90 degree elbow. Please do not attempt to force the antenna to move side to side.

The cases I used had to be rewoked a bit to fit the electronics inside. As a result, a few cases have a blemish around the bind button or the hole may be a bit large. This is only cosmetic and does not affect operation.

Though not tested as yet, this module should also work in Futaba module based radios as they use the same size module case and have the same pinout as older Hitec transmitters.
hammer22 is offline Find More Posts by hammer22
Last edited by hammer22; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Closed Thread