HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2012, 08:26 AM
United Kingdom, England, Canterbury
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces Are Wild View Post
I thought that too. I looked and it goes from 0 to -100 and 0 to +100 (one for video, one for stills) but always ends up back at 0 in the end. I can see it in the monitor screen of my remote showing me exactly what I would expect to see Any other ideas? It doesn't do it all the time, either - only sometimes.
If its doing only sometimes, i have only one suspect. The internal resonator of the sLED. the sLED is sensitive to power drops in some conditions. Can you check it with receiver and 4 cell NiMH only setup?
MelihK is offline Find More Posts by MelihK
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:44 AM
United States, NJ, West Deptford
Joined Apr 2012
118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelihK View Post
If its doing only sometimes, i have only one suspect. The internal resonator of the sLED. the sLED is sensitive to power drops in some conditions. Can you check it with receiver and 4 cell NiMH only setup?
That is possible. The sLED is powered from my DragonLink Receiver, and that is powered from my DJI NAZA Flight controller, and that is powered right off the main 4S LiPO battery pack.

I suppose I can try to put power wires to a separate battery (for testing) and leave the signal wire connected to my RX or maybe just purchase a power regulator? What is the best voltage for the sLED to run off? The problem is the continual triggering of the camera only happens sometimes. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 pictures per "click", other times it constantly shoots images the entire flight, and other times it works exactly as desired so it's tough to test.

What do you think of a power regulator and again - what's the best voltage to regulate to for the sLED?

Thanks!
--Geoff
Aces Are Wild is offline Find More Posts by Aces Are Wild
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:24 PM
Staying Frosty
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Feb 2008
2,964 Posts
MelihK - Do you have a remote that works with the power zoom lens on the Sony Nex5r? I'm only seeing photo and start / stop record etc... Just wondering if this is possible. Thank You!
Hellsiege is offline Find More Posts by Hellsiege
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Construction Projects - Updated
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:14 AM
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces Are Wild View Post
That is possible. The sLED is powered from my DragonLink Receiver, and that is powered from my DJI NAZA Flight controller, and that is powered right off the main 4S LiPO battery pack.

I suppose I can try to put power wires to a separate battery (for testing) and leave the signal wire connected to my RX or maybe just purchase a power regulator? What is the best voltage for the sLED to run off? The problem is the continual triggering of the camera only happens sometimes. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 pictures per "click", other times it constantly shoots images the entire flight, and other times it works exactly as desired so it's tough to test.

What do you think of a power regulator and again - what's the best voltage to regulate to for the sLED?

Thanks!
--Geoff
Hi Geoff,
Sorry i'm in a one week trip and just reading the RCG.
the sLED works between 3-6v without any problem. Just test it with 4 cell NiMh or 1 cell Lipo. If the problem persist, please contact with us over our contact mail (you can see it into the contact page) , We will send another sLED to you to being sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsiege View Post
MelihK - Do you have a remote that works with the power zoom lens on the Sony Nex5r? I'm only seeing photo and start / stop record etc... Just wondering if this is possible. Thank You!
I didnt test it but i think it is impossible because of Sony Alpha series remote protocol.
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 03, 2013, 07:52 AM
France, IdF, Soisy-sur-Seine
Joined Mar 2010
4 Posts
Nex 5 sled

Hello
is it possible to start PANORAMA MODE ( sony NEX5 ) with the SLED ?

Best regards Philippe
phillou91 is offline Find More Posts by phillou91
Old Aug 28, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Jan 2013
31 Posts
Hey, what about that little secret you mentioned?
alexsmith is offline Find More Posts by alexsmith
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
netherlands
Joined Aug 2010
12 Posts
hmmm.. can't figure out the transmitter. I did put it on a 3 way switch. as soon as i power up the canon 5D II in live mode with the ir-unit installed, the camera just keeps on firing. Can anyone help me with the programming of the futaba T 14SG transmitter?
flipfoto is offline Find More Posts by flipfoto
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:53 PM
Joined Jan 2014
38 Posts
Can i use this in the Sony Nex5r, i mean the "R" version? Im planning to order it.
Firemanmc is offline Find More Posts by Firemanmc
Old Mar 05, 2014, 12:02 AM
Joined Jan 2014
38 Posts
MelihK, please i need your help with the install this flytron ir remote for my Sony Nex5r in my Spektrum AR8000 and with my Spektrum Dx8 transmitter? I dont have any clue how. im using the Aux3 in the AR8000. I would like to use the trainer bind pressbutton for take photos, please help me, i just received the trigger and i cant install it.
Old Mar 05, 2014, 07:21 AM
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Hello Firemanmc,

Sorry I'm not Spectrum user, I dont know how can you set it up. :/

Please connect on elevator channel for first setup. Enable your camera's IR remote mode. Your camera will shot photo when elevator down, start/stop video when elevator up.

If you want to use 2 position switch like trainer switch, please set the released position signal as center(1500us).

Regards
Melih
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:07 AM
Joined Mar 2013
33 Posts
My order was shipped 02/ 09 and still not here in NY
dondrone is offline Find More Posts by dondrone
Old Mar 05, 2014, 08:48 AM
Joined May 2008
1,366 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondrone View Post
My order was shipped 02/ 09 and still not here in NY
The packs lefts our country in maximum 48 hours, but most of time they are waiting on the custom of the destination country for clearance. The custom clearance is highest time cost of the shipping for US and it depends the security level/color of the custom. To resolving this long shipping problems we are planing to move our company to UK in this spring. Then you will receive them in 48 hours by royal mail with a small extra shipping cost

Please check the current location of your camera with the tracking number that we provided.

Thanks
Melih
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 05, 2014, 10:53 AM
Joined Mar 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
The packs lefts our country in maximum 48 hours, but most of time they are waiting on the custom of the destination country for clearance. The custom clearance is highest time cost of the shipping for US and it depends the security level/color of the custom. To resolving this long shipping problems we are planing to move our company to UK in this spring. Then you will receive them in 48 hours by royal mail with a small extra shipping cost

Please check the current location of your camera with the tracking number that we provided.

Thanks
Melih
Well what do you know mine just arrived!
dondrone is offline Find More Posts by dondrone
Old Mar 05, 2014, 05:23 PM
Joined Jan 2014
38 Posts
Quote:
Hello Firemanmc,

Sorry I'm not Spectrum user, I dont know how can you set it up. :/

Please connect on elevator channel for first setup. Enable your camera's IR remote mode. Your camera will shot photo when elevator down, start/stop video when elevator up.

If you want to use 2 position switch like trainer switch, please set the released position signal as center(1500us).

Regards
Melih
Melih, i put the IR shutter in the Aux3 channel of my spektrum ar8000, the last free channel and then i connect the hexa lipo 6S battery and with the sony nex5r on, the camera get crazy, is taking photos again and again and record video over and over again, pause and record, again and again, all with my spektrum transmitter OFF, what can i do? indeed is a nice product but i think you have to made a little manual for install this thing. Anyone can help me please? My Aux3 channel is the last free channel.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:19 PM
United States, MD, Severna Park
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Not working

Hmmmm....not working here Have sony nex5 on "P" with "IR command" using DX8 transmitter and tried two different receivers using the elevator plug. Bound ok, but nothing when you move elevator. I wish there was a way to see if the little sucker was even working.
Martyf1 is offline Find More Posts by Martyf1