HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 03, 2012, 12:12 AM
Thornleigh - 20k N of Sydney,N.S.W.,AUSTRALIA
Joined Aug 2001
723 Posts
Question
Attaching Photos to Post in a Thread problem

G'day at RCGroups Help section,

This may seem a strange request, because I have successfully attached some .jpg photos to a thread recently, by following the very basic instructions received some time ago from one of the learned moderators :
Go 'Advanced' instead of 'Quick Reply' or 'New Reply' - Click 'Manage Options' button in 'Additional Options' and follow instruction in ther Pop-Up Window ...
Although I attempted to repeat the process for a second set of photos, to attach to a post in the same thread, this time around I cannot get them to attach in the usual separate window under where I wish to add some text, before posting it.

FYI, My successful post was Report 2228, in Electric sailplanes / New Glider from HobbyKing - Phoenix 2000, where, as you can see, the photo attachments came out as expected in the 'attached thumbnails' box.
I'm sure I downloaded the photos OK, one at a time, into the Browse Box in the Manage Attachments Window, but have had problems proceeding further this time around. But did not get thge Pop Up Window to complete the attachment process.
I must have missed out on doing something, having got it right in the earlier post.

I'd appreciate a step by step instruction, because I'm still a basically PC illiterate. Straight forward things - no problem, but anything more complex, and I seem to have problems!

As a general compliment, over the years I have found RCGroups an exceedingly helpful area to gain valuable experience.

Thanks David ... Daffy (Little Black Duck)
Little Black Duck is online now Find More Posts by Little Black Duck
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 03, 2012, 10:08 PM
Joined Aug 2001
723 Posts
Hmmm ... That request appears to have been a waste of time.

Never mind!!

Daffy
Old Sep 04, 2012, 09:27 AM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,286 Posts
Did you find a solution to your problem?
Jim T. Graham is offline Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Sep 05, 2012, 06:26 AM
Joined Aug 2001
723 Posts
To be honest Jim, I haven't tried since failing the second time, after success with the earlier attachment. I'll give it another try though.
In fact I think it was you who told me how to do it quite some time ago.
I'll contact you again if I have continuing problems.
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.
Daffy.
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:11 PM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,286 Posts
LBD
Here is a link to our FAQ page with instructions on this:http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/faq.p...b3_attachments
Administrator
Old Sep 07, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined Aug 2001
723 Posts
Thanks Jim,
That spells it out very well .... however, that's what I thought I did, with success originally, but not the second time around.
Anyway, I will give it another go, as it was quite possibly LBD operator error, with nothing wrong with the method.
Quick question though ... How many .jpg images can be attached to one post, assuming they are of average size ... just standard size photos.
Thanks for that whole Instruction site ... Useful to recap procedures.
Regards ... David.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:53 AM
Administrator
Joined Mar 2002
11,286 Posts
David
Just an FYI, we are currently updating our FAQ. Stay tuned for that.
Administrator