HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentP View Post
Thanks for the PM Skyline......................all good mate.

Cheers

Brent
Thanks Brent, I appreciate the response.
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:36 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Beaver

Ordered my new Beaver from Tower last night. I will let you guys know how it goes. So far I love my Flyzone Select Scale Super Cub. I hope the Beaver works out just as good and flies as sweet!

Greg
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:44 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Ordered my new Beaver from Tower last night. I will let you guys know how it goes. So far I love my Flyzone Select Scale Super Cub. I hope the Beaver works out just as good and flies as sweet!

Greg
Was that u that posted on my youtube video? If so, thanks for stopping in here to say hi!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 10:56 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
No, not at all. The mounts are all performing great. None of them have spun, pulled out or fell inside. I'm wondering if someone might have been pushing with excessive force with their screwdriver while not being lined up on the hole.
I was wondering that or if the screws might be slightly too large of a diam and if using a different one (smaller diam) might avoid the issue found.

By the way....Skyline - I told Tower to send you your profit sharing check.... I just ordered one after watching your video.

To all.... I will have a ANYLINK Adapter and RX for sale if someone wants/needs one. Just PM me.....
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:32 AM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post
I was wondering that or if the screws might be slightly too large of a diam and if using a different one (smaller diam) might avoid the issue found.

By the way....Skyline - I told Tower to send you your profit sharing check.... I just ordered one after watching your video.

To all.... I will have a ANYLINK Adapter and RX for sale if someone wants/needs one. Just PM me.....
The problem is that some screw holes are not threaded and they are pretty tight for the provided self-tapping screws. This only happened with one of my mounting holes and I definitely wasn't pressing hard on the driver. I don't think it's anything that a little CA would't fix.
{}{steve}{} is offline Find More Posts by {}{steve}{}
Old Oct 01, 2012, 11:33 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1 View Post

Lol, thats funny!
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
The problem is that some screw holes are not threaded and they are pretty tight for the provided self-tapping screws. This only happened with one of my mounting holes and I definitely wasn't pressing hard on the driver. I don't think it's anything that a little CA would't fix.
There are many many different size screws, and unless someone is actually measuring the lengths of the screws so to ensure that they match up to the ones in the manual, it is possible to put a screw in the wrong hole that is too small for the screw. I even had screws left over.

Steve, what did you do with all that extra fishing line with the eye holes at the end of each one? The manual mentions nothing about them.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 12:57 PM
Just some guy
Joined Aug 2006
662 Posts
Attach it to the float and do some trolling.

DJ
D Johnson is offline Find More Posts by D Johnson
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:22 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
There are many many different size screws, and unless someone is actually measuring the lengths of the screws so to ensure that they match up to the ones in the manual, it is possible to put a screw in the wrong hole that is too small for the screw. I even had screws left over.

Steve, what did you do with all that extra fishing line with the eye holes at the end of each one? The manual mentions nothing about them.
I assumed they were replacements for the float rudder lines that were already installed at the factory. They actually look to be better quality, too. (The eye holes look to be pre-bent and shorter than the factory installed ones). My hardware bags came labeled with which screws, and how many of each, were in each bag. This made identifying them pretty easy. The mounting hole that spun on me wasn't due to the length of the screw, but more the width of the threads. the screw went all the way in with some patience and working the screw back and forth.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:25 PM
Canada
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Is there any room in the cockpit for a pilot figure, or is it full of servo wires?
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:37 PM
Citizen# 145
United States, MA
Joined Sep 2011
1,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Is there any room in the cockpit for a pilot figure, or is it full of servo wires?
There are actually 4 full seats in the cockpit area. If you have the skills, you can easily hide most, if not all, of the wiring under the seats.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:38 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,941 Posts
My dad use to build row boats to sell to local shad fishermen. Pop taught me to keep a bar of soap handy and wipe the screw threads in the soap a little bit to get them to go in easier. These were slotted brass screws that stripped very easily. They went in easily with the soaped up threads but they never came out unless you took them out. Might be a good trick to try on these suspect screws. A little soap goes a long way too.
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Just like Steve said, if your good at tucking servo wires, you should be able to get some pilots in there. For me, I just wanted to get this up in the air, so I threw it together not giving much thought to wire placement. Once I get mine all sorted out (thanks to flyzone as they are sending me a new motor and cowl even though this was partially my fault) I might throw some pilots in there. I was looking at my other planes, I have pilots in all of them, I might as well put them in here too.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
I assumed they were replacements for the float rudder lines that were already installed at the factory. They actually look to be better quality, too. (The eye holes look to be pre-bent and shorter than the factory installed ones).
Mine didn't quite reach in that spot. They are a mystery to me.
Old Oct 01, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
6,310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
My dad use to build row boats to sell to local shad fishermen. Pop taught me to keep a bar of soap handy and wipe the screw threads in the soap a little bit to get them to go in easier. These were slotted brass screws that stripped very easily. They went in easily with the soaped up threads but they never came out unless you took them out. Might be a good trick to try on these suspect screws. A little soap goes a long way too.
Thats a great suggestion.