HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:35 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
I'm trying to put my "used" beaver together and have need of a replacement plastic part.

It's the adapter white plastic pivot that the rudder wire fits into. It's the piece that goes thru the fuse to drive the tail wheel. And I also will need the servo arm that's on it (not the one on the tail wheel itself)

It's pictured on the bottom of the fuse on pg 5 lower left pic. I guess it is two pieces that hooks to the rudder control rod. I guess it actually steers the rudder too.

Mine is missing , does anyone have a source for a few replacements? Thanks.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:36 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Well I actually fitted the radial , this was my biggest headake so far, glad it fits finally I actually use part of the original radial with the new one. I use the center part cutting out all the cylinder heads and then glued it in the center back of the new 9cyl and then use longer screws to mount it on the motor mount.
Now I can keep working on the details with a piece of mind
I also got another MAS 11x6x3 that I will paint scale and also a MAS 11x7x2 that I reshaped the tips and will also paint more scale. Also got another PZ T-28 prop nut for it.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:39 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulio View Post
I'm trying to put my "used" beaver together and have need of a replacement plastic part.

It's the adapter white plastic pivot that the rudder wire fits into. It's the piece that goes thru the fuse to drive the tail wheel. And I also will need the servo arm that's on it (not the one on the tail wheel itself)

It's pictured on the bottom of the fuse on pg 5 lower left pic. I guess it is two pieces that hooks to the rudder control rod. I guess it actually steers the rudder too.

Mine is missing , does anyone have a source for a few replacements? Thanks.
If you write to them I'm shure they would send you those parts.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:43 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
5 good flights last night with 11x7x3 prop, no numbers though, but prop worked great, more power,quicker takeoffs on water. Loved it! Sundown, those lights are super cool to see.
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Nov 21, 2012, 11:01 AM
Wilson, NC
Joined Jun 2006
727 Posts
[QUOTE=Paul-RC;23322029

I also got another MAS 11x6x3 [/QUOTE]

What adapter are you using to fit the prop to the shaft? Or did you change out the whole assembly that attaches to the motor shaft?

Thanks,
Dick
DProseus is offline Find More Posts by DProseus
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:23 PM
Park Stormer
United States, NJ, Brooklawn
Joined Jul 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
I see that the E Zone has done a review on our Beaver and has given it two thumbs up. Well of course, we already knew that. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741762
BUMMER, they must have pulled that review cause I just went there, 11/20/12, and it's gone! That's odd.
Yeah, anyone know what happened with that?
AggressorBLUE is offline Find More Posts by AggressorBLUE
Old Nov 21, 2012, 05:34 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DProseus View Post
What adapter are you using to fit the prop to the shaft? Or did you change out the whole assembly that attaches to the motor shaft?

Thanks,
Dick
I use the back part of the original adapter and the prop Hub with a washer of the PK T-28 . The Prop comes with adapters to fit the shaft.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 07:09 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Well today I had Beaver #1 on wheels for the first time since it was only on floats before.
I didn't have my Tundra balloon wheels but different ones. not the best wheels but it was still fun.
I had 8 flights of 15 min each just flying scale doing flybys and touch-and go's.
I was also doing very short field take-off's with full flaps, that was unreal

It was fun on land but my hearth is on the water with the Beaver
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:08 PM
United States, GA, Athens
Joined Feb 2012
129 Posts
Finally got my floats painted Thanks to Paul-RCs tip on white glue and Baby powder I think the paint might stick around for a while. Going to get them wet tomorrow before the Thanksgiving feast! If this works Ill be ordering another and repainting the entire thing and putting tundra wheels on it.

I also replaced the flap servo with a cheep ebay 9g with the longest arm i could fit without bumping the wing tubes. Setup a mix on my DX6i and now I have factory flaps and FULL flaps
zhavener is offline Find More Posts by zhavener
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhavener View Post
Finally got my floats painted Thanks to Paul-RCs tip on white glue and Baby powder I think the paint might stick around for a while. Going to get them wet tomorrow before the Thanksgiving feast! If this works Ill be ordering another and repainting the entire thing and putting tundra wheels on it.

I also replaced the flap servo with a cheep ebay 9g with the longest arm i could fit without bumping the wing tubes. Setup a mix on my DX6i and now I have factory flaps and FULL flaps
Good luck on the water tomorow and have fun
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:40 PM
United States, NY, Salamanca
Joined Nov 2012
47 Posts
Paul.. Great Pictures.. glad to hear it does good on wheels.
Zhavener... that thing looks great as well..

Me.. I'm still waiting on the good ol USPS..
danike_42 is offline Find More Posts by danike_42
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:56 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danike_42 View Post
Paul.. Great Pictures.. glad to hear it does good on wheels.
Zhavener... that thing looks great as well..

Me.. I'm still waiting on the good ol USPS..
I might install the Trexler Balloon tires tomorow just in case I go flying again
I made a small plug for the valve and so far so good , its 2hours now and they havn't deflated yet
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:41 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
I made a small plug for the valve and so far so good ,
Do tell. I flew mine today and had to refill the tires a few times. I did a bunch of touch and goes and one wheel landings and it seems the "bounce" can allow the fill tube to unwind from the hub. One of the flights, the fill tube unwound and got pinched between the hub and washer and actually locked up the tire. Nosed over on that landing.
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Last edited by OnTheEdge; Nov 21, 2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheEdge View Post
Do tell. I flew mine today and had to refill the tires a few times. I did a bunch of touch and goes and one wheel landings and it seems the "bounce" can can allow the fill tube to unwind from the hub. One of the flight, the fill tube got pinch between the hub and washer and actually locked up the tire. Nosed over on that landing.
Yup I would see this happening for shure.
Even with my valve plug the valve could probably unwind too and lock the wheel just the same.
I just installed them and will see next time I fly it
Old Nov 21, 2012, 10:20 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Here's my first attempt at a YouTube video. Taken with an iPad with the sun in a bad spot.

Flyzone DHC-2 - OnTheEdge (3 min 22 sec)
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge