HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:22 PM
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Oct 2007
305 Posts
Cermark sells some that are almost identical. My LHS has ONE in the size I need lol. I really try to support them but they hardly ever have the stuff I need.
Here is the link:
http://www.cermark.com/products/SUPER-TIRE-3.75%22.html
jeff reeves is offline Find More Posts by jeff reeves
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:29 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff reeves View Post
Cermark sells some that are almost identical. My LHS has ONE in the size I need lol. I really try to support them but they hardly ever have the stuff I need.
Here is the link:
http://www.cermark.com/products/SUPER-TIRE-3.75%22.html
They do look the same.
I already made my order to HK for the 3.5.
They mention that they are 32mm or 1.25 inches wide
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:59 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,690 Posts
Not much more progress but I did the black sun shield.
slowly but shurly
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:04 AM
Joined Apr 2011
403 Posts
Has anyone tried a battery larger than 2200? I am thinking added weight for stability in windy conditions...
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:37 AM
Canada, AB, Sherwood Park
Joined Jan 2011
638 Posts
Little winter flying showcase on floats. My son's plane and flight. This is about his 6th or 7th flight and has been practicing like crazy to grease his landings and I think in this video he finally accomplishes his goal.

Winter Flight w/ Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver (4 min 20 sec)
KTL13 is offline Find More Posts by KTL13
Last edited by KTL13; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:11 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,232 Posts
Very nice landing !

Congrats
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 02:34 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTL13 View Post
Little winter flying showcase on floats. My son's plane and flight. This is about his 6th or 7th flight and has been practicing like crazy to grease his landings and I think in this video he finally accomplishes his goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-AEzm7wRc&feature=plcp
Very very well done and even the 2 overshoot were very well executed.
Dad must be proud
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
United States, NY, Salamanca
Joined Nov 2012
47 Posts
I just had to register as a user on this site. I have been reading most of the post on this site concerning the flyzone Beaver. It really made my decision on making the purchase of it so much easier. I've been flying the Parkzone T-28 for some time now and just had to make another step up. Plus winter is almost here and i needed something to fly off the snow.. I pulled the plug and ordered the TX ready version on Friday... now i'm awaiting the delivery date. I feel so well perepared due to this site.. Thanks Guys.. I'm hooked already.
danike_42 is offline Find More Posts by danike_42
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:48 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,076 Posts
I see that the E Zone has done a review on our Beaver and has given it two thumbs up. Well of course, we already knew that. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1741762
BUMMER, they must have pulled that review cause I just went there, 11/20/12, and it's gone! That's odd.
Tom Smith is online now Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Last edited by Tom Smith; Nov 20, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:32 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Being from North Carolina, Im not expecting much snow this year, but if we do get some, thats the first thing I am trying with mine. I want another one just to keep on wheels too!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:52 AM
United States, NY, Salamanca
Joined Nov 2012
47 Posts
my gosh i hate myself.. i keep doing the copy and past of the tracking number to see if they shipped my plane yet... lol I should have driven 457 miles one way to pick it up
danike_42 is offline Find More Posts by danike_42
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:14 AM
Tim Lampe; Hobbico R&D
Champaign, IL
Joined Dec 2009
3,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTL13 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk-AEzm7wRc&feature=plcp
VERY NICE GUYS!

Tim
KRProton is offline Find More Posts by KRProton
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:40 AM
Canada, AB, Sherwood Park
Joined Jan 2011
638 Posts
Thx for all the nice words. I am beyond proud. Ive got a permanent flying buddy now. As you can tell from the video there is a considerable amount of overcast as well, visibility was very poor and flying a white plane on the white snow in the white skies proved to be a bit tough, and also tough on the camera lens (thank goodness for that orange and black on the plane!!!). This plane is really great all around, its a bit pokey for my liking but otherwise its got so much value built in its just incredible. We are going to switch out the prop for our next flight, my son wants a bit more speed and I noticed the 12x6 is a bit power hungry. 11x7 (if it fits in the spinner) is what we are aiming for. We will see if it lifts off with the floats. Anyone else try this?
On a side note, flaps are hardly used but when they are used the 15% elevator mix seems to do the trick from keeping it from nosing up. Also, taxiing with flaps down even at a low-medium speed creates a good amount of uplift and I found after just doing a quick little taxi I was airborn almost instantly.....keep those flaps down while taxiing!
KTL13 is offline Find More Posts by KTL13
Last edited by KTL13; Nov 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:08 PM
Joined Feb 2007
384 Posts
Guardian 2D/3D

Has anyone put a Guardian 2D/3D in this Beaver? If so how easy is the install?
sinowace is offline Find More Posts by sinowace
Old Nov 19, 2012, 01:45 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
KTL, put an 11x7x3 on mine Saturday with hopes of flying all weekend, but sadly wind was high around here both days. I hope to get to fly it Thursday morning before I get too full to move!
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet