Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:37 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
But where did you get the logo from?

I sprayed my floats yesterday with that Pactra Indy Silver and they came out nice. Today I outlined the no skid areas on top of the floats using a piece of thin cardboard cut to the curvature of the floats and a black Sharpie. Then I used flat black from Michaels Craft Store to fill in between the lines.Ffirst I used a small brush and painted the edges even with the Sharpie lines then use a larger brush to fill in the big areas. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do, but it looks really nice. Once I get them done I'll post a few pictures. Tom
Looking foward to see the pictures Tom

Here is the logo
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2012, 10:29 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Oct 2007
207 Posts
Flyzone Beaver and Anylink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Not a problem, a perfect drop in
Paul,
I got my Flyzone Beaver with the anylink. I plan on adding the spectrum receiver but I have to see if I can put in in the airplane. I might possily try the anylink receiver. I might try to add some logo under the fish decal for the rudder for a Canadian Guide service or something. I am ordering the 3 in trexler tires for the airplane. Hopefully that a good size to keep the scale look for the airplane.
ChrisFlysRC is online now Find More Posts by ChrisFlysRC
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:01 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Mounted my 2nd set of floats on my apprentice today. This was an easy install. Drilled holes into the fuse, pushed in 3/8" wood dowels with epoxy on them and shes good to go. This took me 15 minutes. Fastest transformation i've ever done to a plane to date. Made some aluminum flip up rudders tonight and tomorrow gotta figure out how i will move them. Thinking servo powered. Going to implement what ever i learn that works to the beaver when i'm done.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:46 PM
Team Tracon !!!
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Jan 2003
2,747 Posts
Edo
Tracon is offline Find More Posts by Tracon
Last edited by Tracon; Nov 08, 2012 at 07:01 AM.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:54 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Mounted my 2nd set of floats on my apprentice today. This was an easy install. Drilled holes into the fuse, pushed in 3/8" wood dowels with epoxy on them and shes good to go. This took me 15 minutes. Fastest transformation i've ever done to a plane to date. Made some aluminum flip up rudders tonight and tomorrow gotta figure out how i will move them. Thinking servo powered. Going to implement what ever i learn that works to the beaver when i'm done.
Would these floats be a good size for the Airfield Skytrainer? (Cessna 182 55" wing) I have only dealt with the HZ floats, and am looking for some to put on my 182. The foam floats sold by HK for that size Cessna do not have the nice scale shape like these.

-Cub
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:06 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
Would these floats be a good size for the Airfield Skytrainer? (Cessna 182 55" wing) I have only dealt with the HZ floats, and am looking for some to put on my 182. The foam floats sold by HK for that size Cessna do not have the nice scale shape like these.

-Cub
I'd say so. There 26" long and 3.5" wide at the widest point . The spread is 13.5 at the middle of floats the way I have them set but they can be brought inward almost 2" for $35 with the brackets and rudders its a cheap set of floats. Make sure you go to flyzone Web site and get the floats, brackets and rudders if you want them. It's all individually listed.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:06 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Looking good with those floats
Old Nov 08, 2012, 02:08 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFlysRC View Post
Paul,
I got my Flyzone Beaver with the anylink. I plan on adding the spectrum receiver but I have to see if I can put in in the airplane. I might possily try the anylink receiver. I might try to add some logo under the fish decal for the rudder for a Canadian Guide service or something. I am ordering the 3 in trexler tires for the airplane. Hopefully that a good size to keep the scale look for the airplane.
Didn't receive my balloon wheels yet, the 3 inches size should be perfect.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:09 AM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,843 Posts
Quote:
Paul,
What would possibly prevent you from using a Spektrum RX?
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Carbon Z Cub Floats are here!!
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:01 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,012 Posts
Tracon, do you have a picture of that logo facing the other direction for the left float or are they facing back on the left float on the real Beavers. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined Oct 2007
207 Posts
Flyzone Beaver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
What would possibly prevent you from using a Spektrum RX?
I have to see if I can remove the receiver if its included in the airplane. I just have Spectrum receivers and Id like to keep using that in this airplane for reliability. Not sure of the range or reliability with this Anylink plug in receiver.
Spectrum has farther range.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 10:13 AM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,320 Posts
Quote:
I have to see if I can remove the receiver if its included in the airplane. I just have Spectrum receivers and Id like to keep using that in this airplane for reliability. Not sure of the range or reliability with this Anylink plug in receiver.
Spectrum has farther range.
It takes about 5 seconds to install a Spektrum receiver. Tear out the old one, and your done. That's about it. There's an empty spot at the rear of the battery compartment where I easily slid in my Orange 9C receiver, which is a bit bigger than your average Spektrum receiver, so there is lots of room.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Nov 08, 2012, 11:55 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,012 Posts
Just heard back from tec support on the LVC issue. Here it is.

Thank you for your recent email.

I asked our R&D Department your question, below is their response.

"The LVC for the deHavilland Beaver LVC is for 3-cell LiPo 9.0V. It is not intended to be used as a landing alarm and is designed to save the plane rather than the battery. The cut is "soft" cut causing the motor to slow rather than completely cutting out. Using the cutoff as a landing alarm and routinely flying your battery down to 3.0V/cell will reduce the number of cycles the battery will provide full performance, so it is strongly advised to use a timer to conservatively limit your flight time so that unloaded, "recovery" Voltage after a flight is 3.7V/cell."

I hope you find this information helpful. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at this email address. You can reach our product support technical team at 217-398-8970, or via fax at 217-398-7721.

Sincerely,

Adam W.
Product Support
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:48 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
Tracon, do you have a picture of that logo facing the other direction for the left float or are they facing back on the left float on the real Beavers. Tom
Here Tom

A bit of Photoshop
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:01 PM
Joined Oct 2007
207 Posts
Flyzone Beaver with Spectrum Receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
It takes about 5 seconds to install a Spektrum receiver. Tear out the old one, and your done. That's about it. There's an empty spot at the rear of the battery compartment where I easily slid in my Orange 9C receiver, which is a bit bigger than your average Spektrum receiver, so there is lots of room.
Thanks for the reply. I trust my spectrum receiver more than the Anylink. I can also adjust the flaps and trim setting better in my radio.

Id like to turn this into a guide airplane for fishing trips but I dont have any logo to add to the airplane. Any suggestions for possible decals or at least photos of a full size scale airplane. Id repaint the airplane but I might keep it scale with the original markings.