Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:04 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
What is "stick on lexan" Paul. Can I ask you how far from the nose of the floats are your red caution stripes. I am not going to mount my floats just yet but would like to finish them off and don't know exactly where to put those stripes. A measurement from the nose of the floats sure would help. Yours look great. Tom
Sorry Tom I forgot to mention the Stick on Lexan

Here it is , the car guys use it to re-enforce the car bodies.
I use it under floats or boat hull , I even use it once as hinges on a foamy.

here is the link to were I got it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSXV1#tech
Here is a picture showing where I applied it.
I sanded the foam on the floats first, then
I cleaned the area with alcohol , then stick it on the foam.
Then I applied my white glue babby powder and water recipe, let dry then painted.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:31 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Thanks Paul. Looks like something I will have to invest in. Did you notice that there is a piece of plastic embedded on end in the foam from the center of the step foreward about 3 or 4 inches. It will give good protection to that most vunerable part of the float bottoms. These guys thought of darn near everything. Very impressive, but still no answer from headquarters as to wether or not the ESC has low voltage cutoff or not. Yes, I rely on that function of a speed controller to cut off my batteries before they discharge to low. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Nov 06, 2012, 01:38 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Paul. Looks like something I will have to invest in. Did you notice that there is a piece of plastic embedded on end in the foam from the center of the step foreward about 3 or 4 inches. It will give good protection to that most vunerable part of the float bottoms. These guys thought of darn near everything. Very impressive, but still no answer from headquarters as to wether or not the ESC has low voltage cutoff or not. Yes, I rely on that function of a speed controller to cut off my batteries before they discharge to low. Tom
Yes I did notice that too and thats a big plus, but thats only the center , the stick on lexan gives great protection on the rest of the area.
The ESC must have the low voltage cutoff like the others.
I for myself have been flying Air time 12 min on a 2200 40c and the Lipo usually goes down to 11.45 volt average and takes average 1200 mah.
This is flying it scale and doing lots of touch and goes.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
401 Posts
Can you drop in a spektrum receiver or are the servo wires different?
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:34 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTA_FTW View Post
Can you drop in a spektrum receiver or are the servo wires different?
Not a problem, a perfect drop in
Old Nov 07, 2012, 02:37 PM
Joined Apr 2011
401 Posts
Perfect. So no point in getting the any-link module...
FTA_FTW is offline Find More Posts by FTA_FTW
Old Nov 07, 2012, 03:57 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
If it's no charge, I'd get it and set a side. Who knows what other planes they have coming down the road in the micro category where you can't drop in a Spektrum Rx. I have the F86 micro and the Tx Any-Link module works fine.
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:06 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Progress on my Beaver #2 is going well.
I decided to detail the cowl with rivets and cut lines before the paint goes on
The wings , stab , vertical fin and landing gear strut have the first coat of Krylon Fusion white paint.
The fuselage I'm still detailing it before the paint.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:09 PM
Maine
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
I was wondering how many of you that have this plane did the step where you add the threadlocker? I am asking this as I did that step and used the threadlocker recomended in the directions. What happen next really mad me really mad. Some of the threadlocker came in contact with the plastic and melted it! Now I can buy a new fuse at the price tag of $71.00 I believe or try to find a different way of mounting the tail section. Needless to say I am not happy with this.

Have fun!!
Roland-KVMA is offline Find More Posts by Roland-KVMA
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:11 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland-KVMA View Post
I was wondering how many of you that have this plane did the step where you add the threadlocker? I am asking this as I did that step and used the threadlocker recomended in the directions. What happen next really mad me really mad. Some of the threadlocker came in contact with the plastic and melted it! Now I can buy a new fuse at the price tag of $71.00 I believe or try to find a different way of mounting the tail section. Needless to say I am not happy with this.

Have fun!!
Sorry to hear this.
On my side on most of my plane especially the smaller one like this Beaver I never use Threadlock , I use adhesive clear silicone and never had a problem.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:25 PM
Maine
Joined Jul 2007
93 Posts
Darn I wished I thought of the clear silicone!!
Roland-KVMA is offline Find More Posts by Roland-KVMA
Old Nov 07, 2012, 04:30 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
759 Posts
Just flew the beaver just now and it was dead calm. Talking about landing hands off on the water! Paul wanter came up from the rain we had last night and yesterday and it took off a lot better today. Wish this lake would fill all the way up so I can start using the dock to fly off of.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:23 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
If I have a screw I want to secure I use RC56 canopy glue. It goes on milky but dries clear and stays flexable but can easily be removed if necessary.

Paul, where did you get the Edo decal on the front of your floats?
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:27 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
If I have a screw I want to secure I use RC56 canopy glue. It goes on milky but dries clear and stays flexable but can easily be removed if necessary.

Paul, where did you get the Edo decal on the front of your floats?
I printed the logo on my printer on a decal paper then apply the clear on it.
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:34 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
But where did you get the logo from?

I sprayed my floats yesterday with that Pactra Indy Silver and they came out nice. Today I outlined the no skid areas on top of the floats using a piece of thin cardboard cut to the curvature of the floats and a black Sharpie. Then I used flat black from Michaels Craft Store to fill in between the lines.Ffirst I used a small brush and painted the edges even with the Sharpie lines then use a larger brush to fill in the big areas. It took me about 1 1/2 hours to do, but it looks really nice. Once I get them done I'll post a few pictures. Tom