Old Oct 28, 2012, 06:13 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Slow those flap servos down!
I whish I could, my older radio I could do it but on my DX7 I cant unless I get a module to do it.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:29 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
I whish I could, my older radio I could do it but on my DX7 I cant unless I get a module to do it.
I have mine dialed very slow for going down but not as slow going up.

I was thinking about plugging each aileron into an individual channel and having crow setup. But I figure that is not really scale for this plane ha ha!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:37 PM
United States, WA, East Wenatchee
Joined Oct 2007
271 Posts
Hey Paul,
What prop are you using, are you using the stock motor and do you have any problems with heat using that 3 bladed prop?
jeff reeves is offline Find More Posts by jeff reeves
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:48 PM
United States, GA, Athens
Joined Feb 2012
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killickb View Post
Also changed out the float rudder tiller arm to one using Dubro hardware/turnbuckles ----- much smoother operation.
Could you post a Pic of your setup? I am having a TERRIBLE time getting my stock setup to taxi with any real authority
zhavener is offline Find More Posts by zhavener
Old Oct 28, 2012, 08:57 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
758 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhavener View Post
Could you post a Pic of your setup? I am having a TERRIBLE time getting my stock setup to taxi with any real authority
Same here. But it was a windy day when I tried mine! I am hoping maybe that was the reason why. I know planes with floats tend to be harder to steer on the water. Planes like the Icon are a lot easier!
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:06 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
They will hit and drag beleive me thats why I now made flip up rudders.
Ok so do these just flip up and down freely? I think it's an awesome idea reguardless. I'm not going to leave mine stock.
gewiens is offline Find More Posts by gewiens
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:37 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jun 2010
66 Posts
I know these EPO beavs are kinda new...but Im wondering if someone who has one with some time on it can help me. I want to get one if I can fly it on a certain pond. Problem is this pond is only about 120' x 250', with houses surrounding! Given the wing loading, I think its possible but probably too stressful and difficult, but I could be wrong since I dont own the plane yet. Seems would require perfect circuits, not room for error. If someone is good with distances etc and can comment/advise that would be great . thanks.
I would think it wouldnt fly that much diffenent if u have time on the wheels, and probably easier to judge distance on the ground using landmarks etc. Such a tempting package. wish there was also a smaller version in this case. Still, think it fills a nice niche, may get one anyway. there is no smaller alternative really, nothing close to a nice as this package. the GWS is nothing like this.
Some obscure foreign one is nice but a foam kit, not arf.
el touristo is online now Find More Posts by el touristo
Last edited by el touristo; Oct 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:40 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Can't answer your question but you better get one soon. My lhs said there already going on back order till January or February. I think there a huge seller by the looks of it.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jun 2010
66 Posts
http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=KMPDHC2
just found this but its Canada etc. and not as nice, no lights.
but its kinda nice in its own right, and it the size Im looking for.
el touristo is online now Find More Posts by el touristo
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:15 PM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
I Wouldn't be scared to takeoff and land in that area your talking about but depends on your experience I guess.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 11:47 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
98 Posts
Finally got mine 2day !!!!
half way thru the build ! goin together quite easily ! haven't had a problem with the screws yet ! Well except for dropping 1 and it taking me 20 mins to find it lol

pics to fallow when complete !
rjs62 is offline Find More Posts by rjs62
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:12 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
4,480 Posts
Well, I joined the club!

I saw one on display recently at a hobby shop in San Diego and had no idea this thing even existed...

I've always been fascinated by STOL aircraft and after perusing this thread I decided to order a Tx/R from Hobbyzone for $209; thought it was a fair price.

Just checked my e-mail and it shipped on friday !

Can't wait to get her built and start horsing her off the ground in 5 feet !
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:16 AM
Look Up!
Canada, MB, Niverville
Joined Apr 2008
5,027 Posts
Takeoff is short but suprisingly gracefull once it lifts off. I was impressed every takeoff. Got my first 5 packs through her today. Fitted the floats on this evening, looks awesome.
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:17 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Thinking of fitting tundra tires on mine eventually, do you think that Dubro inflatable 4" smooth wheels would be too big?
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 29, 2012, 12:20 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewiens View Post
Ok so do these just flip up and down freely? I think it's an awesome idea reguardless. I'm not going to leave mine stock.
Yes they do but I found that even up the plane taxi's well so I tighten the screws and leave them up for scale look in flight.
I also did taxi in stronger wind and if you use the wind well to taxi using the technique of moving the boyancy point it taxi's well too.
If the wind is very strong then because its so light it will most likely flip over.
I had mine flip over in a strong wind but I was not holding the controls , I was holding my camera
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC