Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:38 PM
In the air! Not the dirt!
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
What happens if the tug boat dies?
That has crossed my mind. I guess your hoping the wind is blowing your way or yer get'n wet!
nodirt is offline Find More Posts by nodirt
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:58 PM
Sydney Australia
Joined Feb 2002
65 Posts
ST Beaver

Hi , location Sydney Australia . got mine to-day from lhs. Branded as ST Model.
Very well packed in bubble wrap, no damage.
Color scheme a little different to Flyzone. Canadian rego markings, C-FJOF and maple leaf on vertical fin. Also no fins near tips of horizontal stab, perhaps these are not really needed on float plane model I note that full scale Beaver float plane have them.
hi flyer is offline Find More Posts by hi flyer
Old Oct 15, 2012, 11:42 PM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
I have a box full of servo arms, probably 300 or more, of every size and make, and not one of them fit the spline on the Beaver servo.
Same with me. None that fit. What I did was replace the rudder servo with a slightly larger/more powerful one (fits well in the next servo bay in the tray) that I had laying around. Then I used the arm from the original rudder servo on the flaps.

Test flew mine this afternoon. Flies awesome. Can't wait to get a few more flights on. Had a lot of wind so but I'm thinking it will slow down pretty good. Rudder is very effective and the flaps are equally as effective. I've got maybe 45-50 degrees of flap travel after some mods. At full flaps it adds some nice drag to aid in slowing up landings. Side slips very well also.
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Last edited by OnTheEdge; Oct 16, 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 01:15 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhavener View Post
I ended up calling Flyzone today and asked where I could purchase a replacement Rudder Control arm (For the Flaps) or if they could tell me what type of spline the servo uses. Apparently it is a "Proprietary Design" and they do not offer servo arms individually at this time. He took my address and phone number and said if he could not find a loose one to send me he would call me back, its after 10pm here and no call so hopefully a new control arm is in the mail!
Any Art-Tech 8/9 gram servo horn fits the servos. They come from the same mfg.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Oct 16, 2012, 09:05 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Here is the ST Models paint scheme and video for those interested. Think I like the Flyzone scheme better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yCVJvJsTFr0
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:03 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,168 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithonion View Post
Here is the ST Models paint scheme and video for those interested. Think I like the Flyzone scheme better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=yCVJvJsTFr0
Thanks for that video. Thats real nice. I like how many schemes are out there of this plane.
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:03 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Ok so I stink at soldering. Does anyone know a place I could get a converted to go to deans from the esc? I am unsure which one to look for on hobby king, but was wondering if there were any in the states.
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid
Old Oct 16, 2012, 12:06 PM
United States, PA, Gettysburg
Joined Mar 2011
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhoikid View Post
Ok so I stink at soldering. Does anyone know a place I could get a converted to go to deans from the esc? I am unsure which one to look for on hobby king, but was wondering if there were any in the states.

I think this is what you need: http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&P=8&I=LXXGN6
jeb6684 is offline Find More Posts by jeb6684
Old Oct 16, 2012, 02:15 PM
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
United States, LA, Angie
Joined Apr 2009
2,052 Posts
After reading this thread, I can answer 2 questions and have two thoughts. Number 1 is battery size, I use 3 different brands, all 3S/2000mAh/30C. I have an EZ-Flight from headsuprc, an E-Flite and a Blue Lipo, all within a mm of L-4"/W-1 5/16"/H-7/8". They all fit like a glove and don't need anything other than the battery lid/top to keep it secure. As all my lipo's have deans on them I use the advised adapter, deans U male/ST ESC..stock # SUPMOO40. I am considering mounting a waterproof sub-micro servo between the two floats for rudder control and to not have to remove the tail wheel. My first thought of having a plane I could fly as a BNF that was not a Parkzone plane was cool, now I have a free new RX. As you can see I fly Spektrum and I use full range Rx's and sometimes fly them until they appear as a dot, I know , not good, but it happens and without ever loosing a plane. Then I read that with the any-link system range is 1000'. No bueno. It may be fine for this plane but I am so used to flying my H9 P-51 vertical till it is almost a dot....This is how I fly, I just received a RSL from Tower and am thinking of sending it back... zeezee/dave
zeezee is offline Find More Posts by zeezee
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:41 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,329 Posts
All right, I can't keep it a secret any longer. I jumped on the Beaver bandwagon, too. I wanted mine to look different from stock, so I am almost done the repaint. I'm not much of a foamie guy, but this really is a neat little airplane! Still some more black stripes to lay down, then cut some new clear plastic to shape for the new added windows. This Beaver is based on Kenmore Air's N900KA, which Kenmore uses to haul people around Washington state and Vancouver Island. Living where I do, I see a lot of Beavers. This past June I went along on a mail run (normally done by Beaver, but this time it was a C185) , and I got a close up look at N900KA in Campbell River and then again in Big Bay when it was coming up to the dock (6:18 in the video). This airplane was immaculate! It looked as if it had just rolled off the assembly line.

Mail Run (11 min 53 sec)
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:46 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
All right, I can't keep it a secret any longer. I jumped on the Beaver bandwagon, too. I wanted mine to look different from stock, so I am almost done the repaint. I'm not much of a foamie guy, but this really is a neat little airplane! Still some more black stripes to lay down, then cut some new clear plastic to shape for the new added windows. This Beaver is based on Kenmore Air's N900KA, which Kenmore uses to haul people around Washington state and Vancouver Island. Living where I do, I see a lot of Beavers. This past June I went along on a mail run (normally done by Beaver, but this time it was a C185) , and I got a close up look at N900KA in Campbell River and then again in Big Bay when it was coming up to the dock (6:18 in the video). This airplane was immaculate! It looked as if it had just rolled off the assembly line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTuwKO3tK9c
This is going to look amazing
I almost bought another one to make as a Harbour Air but I have to calm down now
If all goes well I should maiden mine on floats tomorow morning.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 16, 2012, 03:55 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTuwKO3tK9c
Love the video too, Maggie looks nice
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:18 PM
What tree??.......Doh!!
USA, WA, Seattle
Joined Aug 2007
729 Posts
vonJaerschky,

Looks awesome!

I am going to do N900KA too! Except in her earlier special livery "clothing!"

Check this out- pretty neat 360 panoramic view.

http://www.360cities.net/image/kenmo....39,17.96,89.1

Here is how Maggie looked circa late 1990's-2006

Hopefully some handy airbrush magic and some decals from Callie will allow me to pull it off!

~Cheers to my neighbors up north!!

Neil
Smokin_Joes is online now Find More Posts by Smokin_Joes
Last edited by Smokin_Joes; Oct 26, 2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:24 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin_Joes View Post
vonJaerschky,

Looks awesome!

I am going to do N900KA too! Except in her earlier special livery "clothing!"

Check this out- pretty neat 360 panoramic view.

http://www.360cities.net/image/kenmo....39,17.96,89.1

Here is how Maggie looked circa 2004-2006

Hopefully some handy airbrush magic and some decals from Callie will allow me to pull it off!

~Cheers to my neighbors up north!!

Neil
I think we are going to see some pretty nice Beavers very soon
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Aug 2010
84 Posts
Swim!
bigrap is offline Find More Posts by bigrap