HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:20 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
You know what I did? Swapped the elevator horn with the flaps, problem solved! :-D
So you have less defflection of your elevator now I guess.
I actually move the link further on the elevator arm to get more throw .
I like to have as much up as I can on the water.

Like I mention earlier the servo arm that worked well on the flap servo is the servo from X-Heli the 9G EXI Digital Metal Gear Servo D213F

http://www.xheli.com/exi-servo-d213f.html
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:36 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
You can still increase the servo travel by 10-15% if needed; my throws are as specified on the manual, without any change.
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:40 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP73 View Post
You can still increase the servo travel by 10-15% if needed; my throws are as specified on the manual, without any change.
THats good, I had it too , its just something I prefer having the maximum up on the water taxi run and I adjust the down to throw to have less on the radio and adjust the the EXPo for the up in flight so it doesn't overcontrol.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:00 AM
Drum, Pa
Joined May 2006
229 Posts
Paul, do you have any details on your retrieval boat? I like the idea of not having a prop in the water. Mainly curious on the motor/esc/prop/battery specs.

Thanks.
OnTheEdge is offline Find More Posts by OnTheEdge
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:30 AM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
Splashdown at Jenkins (3 min 17 sec)

couple quick shots of the Beaver flying at 1:00 and 1:40
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:55 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
Nice vid. Beautiful place!
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
About 8 more flights with mine yesterday, no problems in very light wind in am, then gusty and variable directions later in the afternoon. I still love it, and everyone at the field remarked positively about it, and yes,some claimed to want one immediately.....
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:10 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,018 Posts
zhavenger

I have a box full of servo arms, probably 300 or more, of every size and make, and not one of them fit the spline on the Beaver servo. I had to cut off a long servo arm from one in my box of spare parts at the inner most hole and I did it in a V shape. I used the next hole out to screw the extension to the hole in the existing servo arm where the EZ connector was. The V notch rests against the splined shaft of the stock servo arm so it will not try to rotate under pressure. I mounted the extension to the bottom of the existing servo arm and drilled out the third hole out to now hold the ez connector. I put a few drops of cya glue to the stock servo arm and extension joints and then hit it with kicker. Just a little added insurance but with the V against the shaft of the servo arm and the screw down from the top to the extension below, it really can't move. It's solid as a rock now. Tough to explain, easy to do. Tom
Tom Smith is online now Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:16 PM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
can someone post about the before and after effect of extending the flap travel? besides the obvious that it extends more what was the effect in flight....

Cheers

Andy
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L
Last edited by Andy__L; Oct 15, 2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: cuz hukd un foniks dint werk fer me
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:36 PM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
For me, as you would think,too fast and flap extension caused immediate pitch up. If you slow down, obviously, it will fly slower,better. I found as the afternoon wore on yesterday, and the wind picked up, flaps made it more squirrely when landing so I didnt use them for the last few flights. I havent done any mods to extend travel yet, and may not unless I find long takeoff runs on water when I install the floats. Greg
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:01 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffH View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDVOixWK7yU
Nice video Geoff that Beaver has tons of power
Nice flying site too. Dont know where you are in Canada but here we have lots of colors already
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheEdge View Post
Paul, do you have any details on your retrieval boat? I like the idea of not having a prop in the water. Mainly curious on the motor/esc/prop/battery specs.

Thanks.
Well the motor that I had before was the E-Flite Park 370 1360 KV with a 6x4 prop and a 30amp ESC , it was perfect.
The one I have now I have no specs in hand but running same prop and ESC the Lipo is a 2200 15c TP because I just use my oldest Lipos for the boat
Last edited by Paul-RC; Oct 15, 2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:06 PM
In the air! Not the dirt!
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Recovery boat

Well I ended up going this route: Harbour Freight Radio Controlled Speedboat http://www.harborfreight.com/radio-c...oat-95641.html

It's on sale at the moment for $47.99 and you can get a 20% off coupon here http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912.html so it's about 39 bucks plus tax!

There is a video of one towing in a disabled nitro boat here
Harbor Freight Neptune r/c boat towing in a stranded tunnel hull (3 min 11 sec)

I'll have to come up with a tow line.

And here's a couple bad phone pics from my test drive tonight. It's not very fast as a "speedboat" but should work OK for recovery (and I can play with it when I can't fly!)

( did I just say that?)
nodirt is offline Find More Posts by nodirt
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, GA, Athens
Joined Feb 2012
128 Posts
I ended up calling Flyzone today and asked where I could purchase a replacement Rudder Control arm (For the Flaps) or if they could tell me what type of spline the servo uses. Apparently it is a "Proprietary Design" and they do not offer servo arms individually at this time. He took my address and phone number and said if he could not find a loose one to send me he would call me back, its after 10pm here and no call so hopefully a new control arm is in the mail!
zhavener is offline Find More Posts by zhavener
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:14 PM
UAV R&D Pilot/MC/PO
Joined Jun 2006
770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodirt View Post
Well I ended up going this route: Harbour Freight Radio Controlled Speedboat http://www.harborfreight.com/radio-c...oat-95641.html

It's on sale at the moment for $47.99 and you can get a 20% off coupon here http://www.harborfreight.com/20off-coupon912.html so it's about 39 bucks plus tax!

There is a video of one towing in a disabled nitro boat here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1V2U2zHbhI
I'll have to come up with a tow line.

And here's a couple bad phone pics from my test drive tonight. It's not very fast as a "speedboat" but should work OK for recovery (and I can play with it when I can't fly!)

( did I just say that?)
What happens if the tug boat dies?
Sukhoikid is offline Find More Posts by Sukhoikid