HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:20 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Here is a photo of my front float mount. All of the other mounts have small black plastic holes, but this one seems to be covered and not black underneath.

The loose windscreen is not a big deal because I would need to remove it anyway to install my pilot. I will probably remove the window trim decals and just paint the lines.

Still need a new flap. It makes my plane look ugly.
The plastic mounts are glued in with white silicone/glue. If some oozed out when it was being put in, it could cause the adhesive to ooze out and into the screw hole. Then they painted over it. Take your exacto knife and trim the adhesive away from the hole. Then repaint the area with gloss black paint.

I had the same issue as you. It wasn't an issue. We are modelers after all.

But yes, demand a new flap or a new wing, but do it nicely!
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:36 PM
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
I will do that. Time to put my skills to use. I guess I just got disappointed when I saw the wing. Thanks for the info on that float mount.
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
I will do that. Time to put my skills to use. I guess I just got disappointed when I saw the wing. Thanks for the info on that float mount.
I would be disappointed in the wing too. But I'm sure they will take care of you. They're supposably sending me a replacement motor for my issue. Just waiting.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:17 PM
Canada, BC, Surrey
Joined Oct 2012
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
well mine is all together and just in need of batteries speaking of, does anyone know a good CANADIAN supplier of cheaper 3S 2200's?? I'm in Ottawa. I cringe when i look at generic batteries here at $35 EACH when HK sells for $11. but i understand there are issues shipping batteries USPS to canada from the US (UPS brokerage fees are stupid)

Any ideas?
bu y from hobbyking.... I'm in canada too and they ship ems from hongkong and it takes about 1 and a half weeks ! bought lots of batts from them !
rjs62 is offline Find More Posts by rjs62
Old Oct 12, 2012, 09:38 PM
The wind caused that!!
United States, OK, Poteau
Joined Jul 2012
617 Posts
hobbypartz.com the gens ace batteries are very good. i've used sky lipos for quite a while and never had a problem with them either.
hoghead5150 is offline Find More Posts by hoghead5150
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:02 PM
In the air! Not the dirt!
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Guys, guys, guys. Your killin' me here. I was saving for a different (cheaper) plane but after seeing this thread and the Tower Hobbies deal, mine shoud be here around next Wednesday.

Now where the heck am I gonna put this one?!
nodirt is offline Find More Posts by nodirt
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:18 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodirt View Post
Guys, guys, guys. Your killin' me here. I was saving for a different (cheaper) plane but after seeing this thread and the Tower Hobbies deal, mine shoud be here around next Wednesday.

Now where the heck am I gonna put this one?!

What deal? I love deals!

EDIT: 3 easy pay. I love that deal, as long as you don't crash it with 2 months left to pay on it. Eeek! LOL.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:11 AM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
What deal? I love deals!

EDIT: 3 easy pay. I love that deal, as long as you don't crash it with 2 months left to pay on it. Eeek! LOL.
And it was $25 off and shipped free. Mine showed up today.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:54 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2011
1,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
What deal? I love deals!

Sign up for their super saver club. I got free shipping and $30 off the beaver when I bought it.
ClosedAccount is offline Find More Posts by ClosedAccount
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:31 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,034 Posts
I looked closer at the photos in the assembly manual and it appears the lower wing strut attach point goes (behind) the gear leg. It fits that way so that is how I did it but now the gear fairing is away from the fuselage at the rear. Do I have this correct? Anyone have a close up shot of how theirs is? Tom
Tom Smith is online now Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:40 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2010
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
I looked closer at the photos in the assembly manual and it appears the lower wing strut attach point goes (behind) the gear leg. It fits that way so that is how I did it but now the gear fairing is away from the fuselage at the rear. Do I have this correct? Anyone have a close up shot of how theirs is? Tom
I've tried both ways, I believe they should be on the outside, but they do push quite a bit on the wings that way.

EDIT: did I forget to mention that I got mine yesterday?
GP73 is offline Find More Posts by GP73
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:19 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,034 Posts
My sentiments exactly. Inside they fit best in relation to the wing mount bolt holes but outside lets the gear leg fit flush against the fuselage. Anyone else find this an issue? Tom
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,280 Posts
I put them on the inside.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:32 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,538 Posts
I'm trying to visualise that issue but I just cant picture it.
Any pictures of this?
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 13, 2012, 09:35 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
3,034 Posts
Paul, the wing strut at the fuselage fits best when it is sandwiched between the fuselage and the gear leg. If it is mounted to the outside of the gear leg it seems to be to long and pushes up on the wing when the wing bolt is installed.