HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:22 PM
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Got my plane today. Upon unpacking it I noticed one of the flaps got damaged during shipping. The foam is dented and looks like it will tear apart. I guess I will try contacting Flyzone for a replacement. Also, I saw that the windshield is peeling off and does not want to stick down to the foam.
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:43 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
I know Google, I just thought that you might have had a bunch of radical pics stored on your pc. I've done the google thing, thats how I got my current paint job. I was just hoping for some instant gratification.

Those first two links are awesome!
Actually I had lots of close-ups that I had taken myself at a float base near here and lost them all a couple years back in a PC crash.
Thats when I was building my Beaver kit from unionville.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Oct 12, 2012, 06:04 AM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
LAst night added 2 small handdles I saw on a couple Beavers also added an antenna at the back and painted the anti-skid on the float struts.

Now I need to find a pilot at 1/10 th scale
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:35 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheEdge View Post
Here's pages and pages of large pictures of the DHC-2. If the link below is too long or doesn't work, just go to www.airliners.net and do a search for dhc2 (without the dash).

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...1632j1005056j4
Thanks OTE!
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:39 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul-RC View Post
Actually I had lots of close-ups that I had taken myself at a float base near here and lost them all a couple years back in a PC crash.
Thats when I was building my Beaver kit from unionville.
Thats my fear of keeping all my memories digital. I had a computer crash last year but a friend of mine was able to recover my files. That was a close call.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:40 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Got my plane today. Upon unpacking it I noticed one of the flaps got damaged during shipping. The foam is dented and looks like it will tear apart. I guess I will try contacting Flyzone for a replacement. Also, I saw that the windshield is peeling off and does not want to stick down to the foam.
Is the foam torn in the hinge line?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:00 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,166 Posts
Heading out to get some more flights. Its the Re-Maiden of the Beaver after the repaint. Hopefully I don't have too much paint on her.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:22 AM
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Is the foam torn in the hinge line?
The damage is on the trailing edge of the flap.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,166 Posts
Wow, thats pretty significant. The can probably send you a new flap. theyre super easy to take off. Hope you get it replaced.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:29 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Well this morning I decided to go do some photo shooting at the beach where I usually fly my Icon and Heli but because of the high winds we got these pass few days the beach was a mess.

Anyway did take a bunch of pictures anyway .
The water was very choppy but I figured I will just put it in the water and do a few shots.
Then I did what I wasn't supose to do bicause I was alone to hold the radio and the camera.
I gave it just a bit of power and let go the sticks and tried to take pictures.
Well well well it didn't take too long that it weather vane very fast and flipped over before I could do anything.
Its very light on the floats and the wind was too strong to let go the sticks because using the controls properly with power control it did very well in the wind and chops.

All that got wet is the motor and thats not a problem, I had lubed it and had vaseline in the Ailerons and flaps exit holes and the top hatch too . I had also glued well the windshield or water would of gone in there for shure.
Picked upthe plane keeping nose down and just a bit of water came out.

So here are some pictures of this morning

My album
https://picasaweb.google.com/PaulG91/FlyzoneBeaverDay1#
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:11 PM
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Nice pictures. I will be using this 1/9 scale pilot from E-flite in my Beaver. It is the closest thing I could find to 1/10 scale.

I sent Flyzone an email about the damage on the flap. They should send me a replacement since it was like that right out of the box. Everything else seems good though. I will have to glue down the windshield with some tacky glue since it keeps wanting to pull up.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:17 PM
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined Aug 2011
64 Posts
well mine is all together and just in need of batteries speaking of, does anyone know a good CANADIAN supplier of cheaper 3S 2200's?? I'm in Ottawa. I cringe when i look at generic batteries here at $35 EACH when HK sells for $11. but i understand there are issues shipping batteries USPS to canada from the US (UPS brokerage fees are stupid)

Any ideas?
Andy__L is offline Find More Posts by Andy__L
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:36 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
Nice pictures. I will be using this 1/9 scale pilot from E-flite in my Beaver. It is the closest thing I could find to 1/10 scale.

I sent Flyzone an email about the damage on the flap. They should send me a replacement since it was like that right out of the box. Everything else seems good though. I will have to glue down the windshield with some tacky glue since it keeps wanting to pull up.
Take out the windshield and sand the area were it will be glued, also clean behind the windshield the area were there was glue.
I just use epoxy and tape with painters tape until well dry.
I might have a small pilot bust like that too from the Icon A5
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:37 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post
well mine is all together and just in need of batteries speaking of, does anyone know a good CANADIAN supplier of cheaper 3S 2200's?? I'm in Ottawa. I cringe when i look at generic batteries here at $35 EACH when HK sells for $11. but i understand there are issues shipping batteries USPS to canada from the US (UPS brokerage fees are stupid)

Any ideas?
Andy have you check with Great Hobbies in Ottawa for the Lipos?
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:42 PM
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy__L View Post

Any ideas?
There is also Hobby-Hobby in TO or rotorquest

http://hobbyhobby.com/store/product/...-13AWG-EC3%22/

I know its more then HK but no trouble getting them fast