HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:12 PM
2 many planes...2 little time!
United Kingdom, East Kilbride
Joined Dec 2012
474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepster View Post
Picked up the Flyzone beaver and added a couple things. Wanted the bush pilot look and found a couple stickers still waiting on a bigfoot hunting permit. Added the metal Alaska sticker, Also used twine and thread to make dock ropes and added foot grips on floats. I took 220 wet sand sanding paper and used stoch double sided tape. This is like regular scotch tape but stickie on both sides.Painted the anteneas black also. Just a few things to make it look scale. If you have any ideals let me know. This is a well built plane for the money.
Nice scale touches! It's amazing how much more 'depth' to the floats just a little bit of colour can add! Antiskid to the tops, and some warning stripes and the plane looks way better. Now, when you go to the extent Paul did on his..... well..... he had no choice but to super detail the rest of his airplane to match his floats! LOL

oh, ps... FYI your later comment on the engine in Pauls plane. The Beaver has a 'radial' engine. Rotary engines spin WITH the propeller, Radial engines are firmly bolted to the airframe and spin the prop. Most round engined WWI airplanes had rotary engines, while most post WWI to present are radial powered. Not trying to appear as a smart a.. just a clarification on terminology is all.
Cheers
Dave
windysailor is offline Find More Posts by windysailor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 17, 2013, 04:43 PM
United States, CA, Manteca
Joined Dec 2011
211 Posts
Does any one have a extra 3 blade prop?
SenLar is offline Find More Posts by SenLar
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:12 PM
AMA 937634
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Jan 2010
1,619 Posts
Sorry SenLar, I had a couple of the 3 bladed variable pitched ones but sold off the spares.

-Mike
Stone1295 is online now Find More Posts by Stone1295
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:39 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
probably been asked before but what's a good 3 blade size and pitch for the stock motor. I just want the look, without losing too much performance. And yes I want to still be able to have enough thrust for float flying plz
AsSoulsDream is offline Find More Posts by AsSoulsDream
Old Mar 17, 2013, 05:43 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSoulsDream View Post
probably been asked before but what's a good 3 blade size and pitch for the stock motor. I just want the look, without losing too much performance. And yes I want to still be able to have enough thrust for float flying plz
I use a MAS 11x6x3 and get 275 watt of power and pulls 24 amp static.
I love the performance and you can see it on all my videos its not a problem on water at all.
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:26 PM
United States, IN, New Castle
Joined Mar 2010
290 Posts
got the screw out with soldering iron and switched floats to gear for first flight. Now for the weather.
shepster is offline Find More Posts by shepster
Old Mar 17, 2013, 06:32 PM
United States, IN, New Castle
Joined Mar 2010
290 Posts
oh, ps... FYI your later comment on the engine in Pauls plane. The Beaver has a 'radial' engine. Rotary engines spin WITH the propeller, Radial engines are firmly bolted to the airframe and spin the prop. Most round engined WWI airplanes had rotary engines, while most post WWI to present are radial powered. Not trying to appear as a smart a.. just a clarification on terminology is all.
Cheers
Dave[/QUOTE]

And I thought I knew everything lol, I didn't know that, kool info thanks
shepster is offline Find More Posts by shepster
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:23 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windysailor View Post
What kind of flight times are you getting at 'scale' speeds...and no aerobatics!! (although a Beaver Is capable...just makes the passengers scream a lot
Dave, just flying around at scale speeds and no gopro on it, I get ten minutes plus. I prefer to fly scale speeds instead of boring holes in the sky.
JOSHGNGT is offline Find More Posts by JOSHGNGT
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:40 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by windysailor View Post
Thanks,
What kind of flight times are you getting at 'scale' speeds...and no aerobatics!!
I get anywhere between 10 to 14 mins with allot of touch and goes with the gear on. Never did floats yet so IDK about that
AsSoulsDream is offline Find More Posts by AsSoulsDream
Old Mar 17, 2013, 07:42 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSoulsDream View Post
I get anywhere between 10 to 14 mins with allot of touch and goes with the gear on. Never did floats yet so IDK about that
Same for me on floats with my 3 blade prop
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:17 PM
Joined Dec 2011
211 Posts
Can someone show me the way to a 3 blade prop? Thanks, is there a cheaper threadlocker than loctite
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:26 PM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenLar View Post
Can someone show me the way to a 3 blade prop? Thanks, is there a cheaper threadlocker than loctite
Here you go ....

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXBHKR&P=7

On the threadlocker, I don't know .. I only use LocTite ..

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 17, 2013, 10:34 PM
Joined Dec 2011
211 Posts
Thanks miniboy
Old Mar 18, 2013, 10:04 AM
sardis,bc
Joined Sep 2003
502 Posts
that is a cool pilot
CRASH GORDON is offline Find More Posts by CRASH GORDON
Old Mar 18, 2013, 01:23 PM
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined May 2011
23 Posts
I spent a little time on Sunday night sprucing up the stock "radial" engine for the Beaver.
JOSHGNGT is offline Find More Posts by JOSHGNGT