HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:20 PM
United States, IL, Oswego
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
The plane looks great, and I can't wait for some reviews and experiences with it. I'm not a fan of the "anylink" system either, and I do understand GP trying to gain a piece of the market segment. However, wouldn't this be better accomplished by offering a decent Tactic radio? Does anyone know if they have plans to release a radio that could actually do a mix, or store a model into memory? Seems like a poor move not to offer this, yet expect everyone to use their quality radio, with some box just stuck on the back.
tlindou is offline Find More Posts by tlindou
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:23 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,476 Posts
Good question - a nicer Tactic radio would be a nice option.
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 01:35 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Since I had so many flyzone planes with tactic RX I was on a quest to find a compatible (tactic) TX with at least model memories and a few other options. It never happened and may never happen. The anylink was my best answer. I think that Tactic is Hobbico's inhouse brand now and would be cool if they at least made a TX with a screen.

I like my anylink module in my 9x , but do not like the way it works with spektrum,jr. Futaba and hitec is ok I guess. I just want to turn on the TX and have it work. Not mess with plugs,cords,and remembering to not turn on TX, ect.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:05 PM
IAMCANADIAN
Canada, BC, Squamish
Joined Jul 2002
4,744 Posts
The Anylink chart show it's compatible with Spectrum radios but a cable is required. I'm guessing I'd still require the free Anylink transmitter module to plug into my Dx6i. Or is the Anylink Rx in the plane DSM2 compatible?

The Beaver looks great and has nice scale proportions/details/functions etc. A tad heavy maybe. My aging GWS version at, 48" and 16oz, flies nice and scale like. At 60" this one should be about double the weight..not triple.
Grejen is offline Find More Posts by Grejen
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Grejen; Sep 14, 2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:24 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
You would require the anylink module. The rx in the plane is Tactic and only compatible with Tactic (anylink or Tactic TX)
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:55 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
just reserved a Beaver at my LHS................should be cooooooooooool
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
Canada, ON
Joined Aug 2004
32 Posts
Tower is showing in stock. Just ordered one myself.

Geoff
GeoffH is offline Find More Posts by GeoffH
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:14 PM
United States, CO, Durango
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
So can the anylink RX be taken out and use a AR6200 RX?
DMHIGHFLYER is online now Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Hobbyzone sport cub
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:49 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
I don't see why not, DMHIGHFLYER. The ST Model (manufacturers own brand) one is available PNP, so it would be cheaper to just get that, surely? Maybe those aren't available in the US?

I expect the Anylink one is exactly the same once you take their Rx out, except maybe for the decals.

If you have to import from the UK, the price should be about 17% lower than shown because you don't have to pay the VAT (sales tax at 20%) - provided you find a shop that's capable of charging you properly. You might have to pay US taxes when it arrives though, I guess.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:21 AM
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
Yeh this looks to be the same as the ST, or Robbe model, and maybe the same as the KMP Beaver. I'm going to see if I can get it cheaper as a PNP from another company. Thanks!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:55 AM
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
I see the the UK company does not say if the Beaver comes with the floats? It may be worth getting it from tower with the floats, free shipping, and adding the RX...
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
NaN
Manchester, UK
Joined Nov 2005
3,757 Posts
I don't think I've seen it sold with the floats here, but they're available as an extra for about 15 GBP (under $20).

It's definitely worth shopping around. Selling it under different brand names is a good way of confusing people about prices and making it harder to find the best deal, I guess.
Andy2No is offline Find More Posts by Andy2No
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2008
3,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMHIGHFLYER View Post
Yeh this looks to be the same as the ST, or Robbe model, and maybe the same as the KMP Beaver. I'm going to see if I can get it cheaper as a PNP from another company. Thanks!
Yes it is known that this is an ST model, and Robbe scooped it up and rebraned it. It was also guessed quite awhile back that Hobbico (flyzone) would probably get it and rebrand it as they supposedly have other ST models.

It is no the same as the KMP one (that one's only about 48" span and this one's 60". This one is a way better deal.

I can't believe anyone would complain about the price. I think for $209 (tx-ready.....I myself will axe the rx and use one of mine) with the floats included is a very fair price (especially if you get free shipping in the US, never get free shipping to Canada)

I mentioned on the other thread that another US supplier wants $300 for the plane and $30 for the floats, for the robbe one.
BrentP is offline Find More Posts by BrentP
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:24 PM
Qualified foam surgeon
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Apr 2012
708 Posts
I would like to see a PnP model considering I think the Tactic radios are crap. I had one with my 182 and can't tell you haw many times I lost connection mid flight, even made me crash a few times. Swapped it with a Flysky and never had a problem since.
FlyGuy3345 is offline Find More Posts by FlyGuy3345
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:29 PM
Qualified foam surgeon
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Apr 2012
708 Posts
On the flip side I learned the Aerocell foam Flyzone uses on their Select scale series is durable as @&^%. Having crashed due to signal loss and pilot error ( not afraid to admit fault) all I did was glue and tape and the plane flies like It just came out of the box. you can barely see any damage because of the super clean breaks and the lack of any breaks at all upon crash!!
FlyGuy3345 is offline Find More Posts by FlyGuy3345