SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:25 PM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
its been a while since i read through this thread and have a question that has probably been answered already but whats the biggest battery that will fit in her...I have a lot of 2200 3s batteries but I live about 15 minutes from heads up rc so If I need to get the 1800 3s that recommended I can. just would rather prefer to use what I have since I have about 20 of the 2200 3s's
AsSoulsDream is offline Find More Posts by AsSoulsDream
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:28 PM
Canada, SK, Division No. 6
Joined Dec 2012
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSoulsDream View Post
its been a while since i read through this thread and have a question that has probably been answered already but whats the biggest battery that will fit in her...I have a lot of 2200 3s batteries but I live about 15 minutes from heads up rc so If I need to get the 1800 3s that recommended I can. just would rather prefer to use what I have since I have about 20 of the 2200 3s's
My 2200's from HobbyKing fit perfectly and I am sure most others would as well.
Gary
Saskford is offline Find More Posts by Saskford
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:40 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,641 Posts
Russ - Well hopefully that's the case! I usually don't like to back order an item unless I've seen it and know it's what I want (but hey, this is a Beaver) and this thread covered it so well though I just had to get one on order!

For all I know it may already be on the way from Illinois and the Nevada folks just haven't got with my LHS yet! I'm also fairly certain that if they didn't have enough stock to fulfill the backorders they wouldn't have had them available for sale online. Doh! Am I assuming again? ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is online now Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyzone DHC-2 Beaver maiden!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 12:15 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskford View Post
My 2200's from HobbyKing fit perfectly and I am sure most others would as well.
Gary
thank you very much. and the excitement grows.... Uhhhhh I hate the wait sometimes!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:14 AM
Whaddya Mean, I Procrastinate?
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
Russ - Well hopefully that's the case! I usually don't like to back order an item unless I've seen it and know it's what I want (but hey, this is a Beaver) and this thread covered it so well though I just had to get one on order!

For all I know it may already be on the way from Illinois and the Nevada folks just haven't got with my LHS yet! I'm also fairly certain that if they didn't have enough stock to fulfill the backorders they wouldn't have had them available for sale online. Doh! Am I assuming again? ~ Robin
Well, I think your LHS guy may try a little whining on Monday .. Tower's proceedure is pretty well defined, and I wouldn't be too surprized if their pretty well fine-tuned automated system is doing one of those Garmin GPS "Recalculating Route" maneuvers and you will get notification Monday .. oh, crap .. they're closed Monday .. well it's always something. But for sure, he should call Tuesday and remind someone to check up on the goings on.

The good news is that I have been through this same sort of thing with both the Multiplex EasyStar and MinMag .. the "expected arrival date" from Germany to Multiplex USA was changed about 5 times, which was eventually almost a year. A few of us on the MiniMag thread pooled our finances and I ordered 6 of them through a dealer in Germany, a friend of Jurgen Heilig .. we got ours 6 months ahead of Multiplex USA ! Then I shipped them around the U.S. to the participating buyers. (see attachment )

So, the bottom line is that FlyZone is doing a pretty good job, all things considered ..

Russ
MiniBoy is offline Find More Posts by MiniBoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:24 AM
Joined Jan 2013
36 Posts
Maybe this has been answered but I'm to old to read through 191 pages of forum ! How easy is it to install my own orange receiver on this Beaver ? Is it necessary to do some cutting on the fuselage as some have mentioned, or can I just install it easily on initial assembly of the plane ?? Thanks
ginbudjim is offline Find More Posts by ginbudjim
Old Feb 17, 2013, 07:35 AM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginbudjim View Post
Maybe this has been answered but I'm to old to read through 191 pages of forum ! How easy is it to install my own orange receiver on this Beaver ? Is it necessary to do some cutting on the fuselage as some have mentioned, or can I just install it easily on initial assembly of the plane ?? Thanks
I dont know the size of the orange but I put my new spectrum on the starboard
side opposite the esc.I would think you can do the same.
stumpi is online now Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:43 AM
United States, FL, Ocala
Joined Sep 2011
283 Posts
can someone tell me the size if the wheels on this bird. I would like to order some bigger tires for it since my flying field is grass and I like the look of the "bush plane" style wheels. whats the widest and largest diameter that will fit?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:48 AM
Joined Jul 2011
1,641 Posts
Russ - I'm sure it'll get all sorted out; I'm just not the most patient 'kid' when I'm waiting on a new 'toy'!

Also on two occasions I've crossed paths with Jurgen Heilig! Both times I sent inquiries about one of his designs not only did he reply with info, he sent me plans! He's also a very gifted builder. ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:08 AM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSoulsDream View Post
can someone tell me the size if the wheels on this bird. I would like to order some bigger tires for it since my flying field is grass and I like the look of the "bush plane" style wheels. whats the widest and largest diameter that will fit?
They are 60 mm (same as the sensei). Mine uses 75 mm and there's plenty of room to put on whatever you want. I can guess around 18mm width? , but pending which axles you use you can put on anything you want.
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
I talked to TH yesterday, and they said the back ordered Beavers will go out 1st... starting Tuesday morning.... new orders to follow them. I should have mine by the end of the week.
I've tried to keep track of all the mods I want to do to it, but I'm sure there will be a bunch of questions from me and others. For those that can't stand seeing a question asked more than once, bite your tongue.....
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing
Last edited by swcushing; Feb 17, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:11 PM
ISP Supervisor
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Jan 2006
726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swcushing View Post
I talked to TH yesterday, and they said the back ordered Beavers will go out 1st... starting Tuesday morning.... new orders to follow them. I should have mine by the end of the week.
I've tried to keep track of all the mods I want to do to it, but I'm sure they will be a bunch of questions from me and others. For those that can't stand seeing a question asked more than once, bite your tongue.....
Don't think that is true though. We've had a couple people order after they have showed in stock, and they shipped before back orders. I cancelled my BO and repurchased because I ordered more than a month ago and I didn't get any order status changes like the other guys here.
makg is offline Find More Posts by makg
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:35 PM
United States, WA, Battle Ground
Joined Sep 2012
230 Posts
I considered canceling my BO too... but got about $30 off with the free shipping too, so stayed with it. Just hope they send the plane soon.
swcushing is offline Find More Posts by swcushing
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:40 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,586 Posts
I feel bad for you guys waitting for your first Beaver .
I have 2 Beavers for rent
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
1,641 Posts
Paul - I don't think I could afford the insurance!

Besides, aren't you waiting Beaver No.3? ~ Robin
RCG Plus Member