Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:43 PM
United States, MA, Webster
Joined Feb 2003
2,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcrafter60 View Post
northrop n9m - I'm gettin' to it! Lane gave me a really nice Kommander to try to advance my 'skills' - I just not sure I'm ready to take it out on my own yet!

Russ, I agree, there have been times that a few individuals have made it difficult to return to a thread. That said, I think the majority of folk's on the threads come to either learn, teach, or do both! The folks here have been an invalubale part of my decision making process in regards to where I want to go with my FZ Beaver (when it gets here)! ~ Robin
Robin:

I feel the same .. and Ioved the results of the Hitec Aurora 9 question I asked a few pages ago .. got nice clean, helpful answers and no bashing and BS as to how "My XYZ Radio" is waaay better than a Hitec .. really appreciate that line of discussion !!

This thread is a cool place !!!

Russ
MiniBoy is online now Find More Posts by MiniBoy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:17 PM
Whad'ya mean over engineered?
United States, CA, Clearlake Oaks
Joined Jul 2011
1,430 Posts
Sorry guy's! Lane's prodding me to get going on the Kommander (I've been kinda 'sitting' on it 'cause it's a little hotter than what I'm used to flying)!

He's also a hard core I/C guy - 1/4 scale Cub on floats - Saito1.80 - but I did see him grin when he flew my FunCub on floats and I'm sure he'll take the Beaver for a hop when she gets up! ~ Robin
cubcrafter60 is offline Find More Posts by cubcrafter60
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Diversion: My Easy Star Hack
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:05 AM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
For the guys who swapped out the Tatic receiver for a Spektrum receiver, did the servos line up correctly (center) or were they all over the place? I just got a new DX8 and am wanting to use an AR600 in the Beaver to use the 3 position flaps, slow down mode, and elevator compensation for them. It's way cool how it works. Tested it on the bench with the receiver and two servos. Easy as pie to set up too. Tom
Tom Smith is offline Find More Posts by Tom Smith
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:33 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith View Post
For the guys who swapped out the Tatic receiver for a Spektrum receiver, did the servos line up correctly (center) or were they all over the place? I just got a new DX8 and am wanting to use an AR600 in the Beaver to use the 3 position flaps, slow down mode, and elevator compensation for them. It's way cool how it works. Tested it on the bench with the receiver and two servos. Easy as pie to set up too. Tom
OOOH I must read the manual for my DX8 I didn't even know it had a servo slow option thanks for the heads up.

Mine still isn't maidened yet made it up to the loch twice only to be put off by the conditions. Third time lucky i'm hoping not sure when that'll be though.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:07 PM
The Hun in the Sun
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Nov 2003
7,220 Posts
Quote:
For the guys who swapped out the Tatic receiver for a Spektrum receiver, did the servos line up correctly (center) or were they all over the place?
Mine were all perfectly centred. I'm using a Hobby King Orange 9Ch receiver with my JR11X transmitter. I use the servo slow feature for the flaps as well, and also mix in a little aileron droop as per full scale when the flaps are down. Very cool.
vonJaerschky is online now Find More Posts by vonJaerschky
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:21 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Aviefly, it's the coolest feature ever. I just tested it on two servos on the bench and it really is neat. Plus in that same setup you can add a little down elevator to compensate for the balooning. It will be ince to see those flaps slowly drop and retract.

Anyone else care to respond to the servo centering with a Spektrun type reciever as compared the the way they centered using the Tactic receiver. Not wanting to take the tail section off, I don't want to plug in this new reciever and jam a servo and strip it because the centering is way off. Tom
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:39 PM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Tom, sorry I forgot to add that bit. I don't think I had to do anything special with mine when I fitted it with a 6ch orange rx. Mine was rx ready but I don't think that would make any difference.
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:48 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonJaerschky View Post
Mine were all perfectly centred. I'm using a Hobby King Orange 9Ch receiver with my JR11X transmitter. I use the servo slow feature for the flaps as well, and also mix in a little aileron droop as per full scale when the flaps are down. Very cool.
Not fair.........I want to do that too but I need to replace my DX7, but its so much $$$$ . I'm looking for good deals , maybe by summer I will have a good radio .
Not that I dont like my DX7 but its limited.
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:30 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Hi Paul. I have the DX6 and DX6i and both model memories are full. Was looking for something with more model storage but since I already have 20 models on those two transmitters the DX7 would be immediately full. The DX8 has 30 model memory, is easy as all get out to program, and has some really super features. Once I get started swapping over some of my models from the DX6 and DS6i they will be for sale along with my Focus 5X that has the AnyLink on it. All perfectly good radios that have served me well, but having only one transmitter to deal with will be great. Tom
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:34 PM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Hi Paul. I have the DX6 and DX6i and both model memories are full. Was looking for something with more model storage but since I already have 20 models on those two transmitters the DX7 would be immediately full. The DX8 has 30 model memory, is easy as all get out to program, and has some really super features. Once I get started swapping over some of my models from the DX6 and DS6i they will be for sale along with my Focus 5X that has the AnyLink on it. All perfectly good radios that have served me well, but having only one transmitter to deal with will be great. Tom
I like the JR 11X too and would like to go for it , I almost went for the new Spectrum QQ1800
Paul-RC is online now Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:42 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
Qq18

Now you are talking a load of money. I can barely figure out what to do with 8 channels, let alone 18. This DX8 will probably be the last transmitter I ever buy.
Where have I heard that before???
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:43 PM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
76 Posts
Quote:
I just replaced mine today with the AR600C.Everything lined up perfectly.
Does the DX8 have channel mapping?
stumpi is online now Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:53 PM
Rhinebeck CD-99,00,01,02
New Bern, NC
Joined Mar 2001
2,993 Posts
It might, but I wouldn't even know how to use it. What does channel mapping do?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:57 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Now you are talking a load of money. I can barely figure out what to do with 8 channels, let alone 18. This DX8 will probably be the last transmitter I ever buy.
Where have I heard that before???
The best reason I can think of is on scale models, with lots of little features like smoke, retracts, bomb drop, flaps, lights, etc.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:47 PM
Nova Scotia, Canada
Joined Apr 2006
320 Posts
Quote:
Aviefly, it's the coolest feature ever. I just tested it on two servos on the bench and it really is neat. Plus in that same setup you can add a little down elevator to compensate for the balooning. It will be ince to see those flaps slowly drop and retract.

Anyone else care to respond to the servo centering with a Spektrun type reciever as compared the the way they centered using the Tactic receiver. Not wanting to take the tail section off, I don't want to plug in this new reciever and jam a servo and strip it because the centering is way off. Tom
I have my A9 set up so that the flaps are on the left slider so I can feed in as much flap as I want, plus a little down elevator to compensate for the ballooning and the flap servo is slowed down to 3 sec.
Stikflyer is online now Find More Posts by Stikflyer