HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:26 AM
We got some flyin' to do!
United States, CA, Fort Irwin
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
It's definitely a "big boy" model; you can pull out and replace any of the components with ones you like....

Very sorry to hear of all the injuries. Just goes to show you these are models intended for adults and can really cause serious injury if not handled properly. That said, after a disastrous event with a Flyzone FW-190 (cut the you-know-what out of my right hand...) I quickly learnt, albeit the hard way, that I would never throttle up a model near the business end, nor do it in the house .

I sincerely hope everybody's wounds heal quickly and fully

Regards,
John
Justwingit is offline Find More Posts by Justwingit
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:01 PM
United States, CT, Bristol
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
I am 52,a carpenter for 30 years and this is the first time I have ever had stiches. I am a cautious man by nature. One does not keep his digits in my trade by being careless.My issue happened beause the anylink disconnected which turned the motor on.After speaking to Tactic this morning,there is a fail safe on this rx ,but those instuctions are not included with the TXR version, but they will email them to me. Better late than never I suppose.
stumpi is offline Find More Posts by stumpi
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
Hello,

Here is the manual for the Tx which would be included with the RTF version of the Beaver.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Joshua D.
Product Support Technician
PS9027
Old Feb 08, 2013, 12:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Never implied anything about your age, skills, or level of attention to detail.

Simply stated that these are not toys, and should always be treated with the repect they deserve, not entirely unlike your saws and so forth, even citing an accident I had in the past as an example. I also stated that I sincerely hope that all wounds heal quickly and fully. I also hope that the model didn't get pranged too badly in the whole ordeal as well. That would really be bad if you're wounded and can't even fly the model because it's damaged....kinda double whammy...

John
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Justwingit; Feb 08, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:07 PM
RCG -Minus Member
United States, SC, West Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
1,443 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Cunny View Post
Sorry to be a "tail end Charlie", but am not relishing looking through EVERY post in this discussion. Can the receiver be pulled out, and replaced with something else?

JC

Austin, Tx
If you look back a bit, I posted some pictures of where I put mine.
microflitedude is offline Find More Posts by microflitedude
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:56 PM
In the air! Not the dirt!
United States, MD, Laurel
Joined Oct 2011
87 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wounds guys. I hope they heal up well and don't interfere with your flying.
FWIW - When I set up a new plane or heli, before I attach blades or a prop, I get everything powered up, then get it set up where I can quickly disconnect the battery and then turn off the transmitter. If everything goes right the motor stays off.
Remember to bind your receiver with the throttle all the down, power off the plane/heli then the transmitter, take out the bind plug, THEN set the throttle range.
nodirt is offline Find More Posts by nodirt
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:40 PM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Sorry about your injuries guys. It's the kind of thing we need to read from time to time to keep ourselves safe. I know I will treat my planes with a new respect, even changing practices I've been doing. Sorry it was you guys, but thanks for sharing.

Tim
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:51 PM
United States, TN
Joined Mar 2011
1,457 Posts
The DX8 has an easily programmed Throttle Cut function easily assigned to just about any switch on theTX. +1 for removing the prop before putting a battery in any plane in the shop.
itsme2 is online now Find More Posts by itsme2
Old Feb 09, 2013, 12:54 AM
"ya can't get hurt in the air"
United States, NY, Cazenovia
Joined Oct 2009
192 Posts
Speaking of miss-haps, I have been assuming you all have seen the video of the beautiful Beaver that does not quite get off the water and almost takes out the photographer. If not and some of you long time thread participants (Paul) want to see it, let me know and I will post it....Tim
King Pin is offline Find More Posts by King Pin
Old Feb 09, 2013, 01:17 AM
Joined Apr 2012
5,063 Posts
Yeah, that one's a doozy! Nobody got hurt, but I suspect the old Beaver paid for it's pilot's lack of judgement and was written off...
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:44 AM
Winter is coming.
United States, AZ, Queen Creek
Joined Jan 2013
48 Posts
A heart breaker. I hate to see any of the older rarer aircraft / war-birds get busted up. I always think, there's one less now.
JerryT87 is offline Find More Posts by JerryT87
Old Feb 09, 2013, 09:30 AM
Let me Fly please :^)
Montreal,Canada
Joined Mar 2003
3,657 Posts
Here is a nice winter flight video in Switzerland sent to me from my contact there.
To make you forget about those sad injuries.

Flyzone Beaver wonderful winterflight incl. Telemetry (2 min 37 sec)
Paul-RC is offline Find More Posts by Paul-RC
Old Feb 09, 2013, 04:43 PM
Joined Feb 2013
77 Posts
Nice video Paul,. Things around here look very simalar today as we had 30" of the white stuff last night.
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:20 PM
That's a funny word
NE Ohio
Joined Apr 2003
3,686 Posts
sorry to hear about the injuries and accident.

I'm not in love with either the esc or the (anylink module in a JR or spektrum TX)

I prefer and esc that isn't "armed" as soon as it's plugged in. I also prefer a module (anylink) that is wired securely and in such a way that the normal TX switch turns it on and off.

Man, who wants to plug and unplug wires and remember to leave the TX off when using the module?
gulio is offline Find More Posts by gulio
Old Feb 09, 2013, 06:59 PM
ChuckTseeker Super Fan
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2012
585 Posts
Have only used Spektrum Rxs (close to 30 of them so far) and they have always been safe out of the box. If they lose bind nothing works, including the motor. I always test them when they are new by turning the Tx off to make sure they are safe if signal is lost.
The whole motor goes full throttle if Anylink gets unplugged from Tx is quite scary. They should have never released a product that it is so easily turned rogue when Tx signal is lost
Aphro is offline Find More Posts by Aphro